Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

1. Go to recruit channel, get three more people to run vaults, no chance of failure.

2. You're not dealing with it if you're asking for a buff. The skill works for everyone else.

1. That is not soloing, is it? A lot of people have issues connecting to other people, especially with a lack of matchmaking.  NAT issues and all.

2. I am dealing with it, and I am asking for a rebalance. They are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by Einde
Made convenient.

Losing all your energy from friendly fire is FINE now?  Do you even play the game?

See:

Let's take a look at your super basic Nyx build if you want to use all four skills (for god knows what reason)

xveVpDw.png

And the effect on absorb

SHZQoi0.png

Now let's exchange some of those mods for corrupted mods to spec for absorb

ElVdaE8.png

And the effect on absorb

h7qqCs2.png

Let's take a look at a Nyx spec'd purely for def with maxed range with the help of our friend the forma

EWXehC9.png

snAYKh1.png

Lets's tweak that because we want a useful chaos and mind control.

Oa3Qa3C.png

oB2i2ir.png

Look at that, the efficiency is still amazing. You won't lose your energy because of an ogris or penta with these builds.

Here's my nyx vs my penta

http://youtu.be/YlUsScChZ-A

It didn't put a dent in my energy.

Here's my nyx vs an ogris

http://youtu.be/bMEk_1L450M

See:

You have no idea how much damage weapons do, 1 penta shot will do ~15k damage, 3 players will leave you with no energy in few seconds. 

The whole mechanics is poorly designed with no consideration for coop nature of the game. Friendly fire shouldn't drain your energy period.

LnT0OYf.png

-They should try to give another shot at her Psychic Bolts, because again....they are still utterly useless...probably top 3 worse powers in the game.

And maybe one day they will just get rid of Mind Control or finally make it where your teammates can not kill your Mind Control until after it drains if it hasn't been shot at yet......

Did you... Watch the video???? 20,000 damage took about 40 energy away. I would have to take 215,000 damage before I run out of energy.

Parasitic eximuses will ruin your day faster than people with pentas.

A well modded Penta will do about 20k in damage. Just under that amount cost you 40 energy (with corrupted mods?). It will take 215k in damage to drain your all your energy, according to you.  215 / 20 = 10.75.  10.75 shots divided by 3 other players is approximately equal 3 and a half shots each. You also need to factor in the default drain as well as the enemies shooting at you.

So how long do you think it takes a player to shoot a fire rate boosted Penta 3 times because that is the amount of time it will take to completely deplete your entire energy pool from max.  If you have less than max energy, you may as well not even cast Absorb.

Edit : And heaven forbid you want to use it on a non-min/max build.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

At what point are you in such a specific situation that all the players with you (even though according to you, you can't connect to anyone, having NAT issues and all) have a super spec'd penta with at least 2 formas to achieve it, and have all decided to shoot at you?

And why didn't you bring a gun with you so that if by some chance you run out of energy, you can still kill enemies?

And furthermore, for Nyx to sit there and reflect 200,000+ damage, then repeat without any lag time is the very definition of OP. She shouldn't be able to do that, as no one is able to do that.

Edited by pepsi-tan

At what point are you in such a specific situation that all the players with you (even though according to you, you can't connect to anyone, having NAT issues and all) have a super spec'd penta with at least 2 formas to achieve it, and have all decided to shoot at you?

And why didn't you bring a gun with you so that if by some chance you run out of energy, you can still kill enemies?

You mean the cookie-cutter standard penta build?

You really do have no clue, huh?  I can connect to randoms because the match-making system can automatically find and pair me with people who have a compatible NAT, whether by design or brute force. I can't consistently pair with people using the invite system for what should be obvious reasons.

Why are you asking stupid questions?  Me carrying a gun has ZERO effect on how Absorb functions.

Bunch of whiners in here.

The only thing needs said is this:  The game, the frames, the abilities...are balanced around lower level enemies than the ones you face that break your abilities.  (endless T4 defense)

The one and only problem with Nyx's absorb...is allowing friendly fire to affect it at all.  It's senseless.  At low levels, if friendly fire is the only source of incoming damage to "charge it up" - then there's no enemies to unleash it on.  At higher levels, the friendly fire will drain your energy too fast to be useful.

My team was at Wave 34 in T4DEF.  I started my absorb, and I saw 100k damage.  

Seems to scale better with higher level.

But yes.  I think Psychic Bolts need to be scrapped or again...buffed....or just re-create them with a brand new Idea....they are utterly useless...there is virtually no situation as of right now to use them.......

And I think they need to get rid of Mind Control.

Or make any enemy you Mind Control invulnerable to FF until the duration of her MC is depleted.  This will stop your "team"mates from killing your MC as soon as you casted MC.  

I reach wave 50 in defense t4 and i dont have any problem with my energy, just a couple of energy siphons and thats all. Power efficienty is all what you need to stop the drain and keep a lot of energy pool so why complain about absorb? i just dont get it.

Stop crying and spamming threads about frames balancing and bla bla bla, Nyx is already OP, she is good and im with those folks who talks about psychic bolts because is a S#&$ty skill, one of the worst in the game. 

I reach wave 50 in defense t4 and i dont have any problem with my energy, just a couple of energy siphons and thats all. Power efficienty is all what you need to stop the drain and keep a lot of energy pool so why complain about absorb? i just dont get it.

Stop crying and spamming threads about frames balancing and bla bla bla, Nyx is already OP, she is good and im with those folks who talks about psychic bolts because is a S#&$ty skill, one of the worst in the game. 

See:

A well modded Penta will do about 20k in damage in one shot. Just under that amount cost you 40 energy (with corrupted mods?). It will take 215k in damage to drain your all your energy, according to you.  215 / 20 = 10.75.  10.75 shots divided by 3 other players is approximately equal to 3 and a half shots each. You also need to factor in the default drain as well as the enemies shooting at you so we will say about 3 shots each.

So how long do you think it takes a player to shoot a fire rate boosted Penta 3 times because that is the amount of time it will take to completely deplete your entire energy pool from max.  If you have less than max energy, you may as well not even cast Absorb.

Edit : And heaven forbid you want to use it on a non-min/max build.

Sorry Einde.

But yeah, Absorb right now is fine. Psychic Bolts, dear lord, why haven't those been fixed yet? Lastly, with the way Absorb is being asked for by (PS4)D.Frame, Nyx would do ungodly high piles of damage to everyone in the general area for all her energy... while other Ultimate powers could only do even a fraction of the damage that Nyx could. I'm looking at you, Excalibur Ultimate. One day you'll be awesome. But probably not.

There's other frame powers that need help before Nyx's Absorb. Like... 85% of them. With Nyx's Psychic Bolts at the top.

Sorry Einde.

But yeah, Absorb right now is fine. Psychic Bolts, dear lord, why haven't those been fixed yet? Lastly, with the way Absorb is being asked for by (PS4)D.Frame, Nyx would do ungodly high piles of damage to everyone in the general area for all her energy... while other Ultimate powers could only do even a fraction of the damage that Nyx could. I'm looking at you, Excalibur Ultimate. One day you'll be awesome. But probably not.

There's other frame powers that need help before Nyx's Absorb. Like... 85% of them. With Nyx's Psychic Bolts at the top.

Nyx deserves the love.  Because she is the new prime, she is kind of the center of attention.

Nyx deserves the love.  Because she is the new prime, she is kind of the center of attention.

I agree. But Absorb is a GREAT power and a GREAT ultimate power right now. Compared to other high end ultimates, it's pretty good. Not Valkyr good, but still way up there. But there are other, better powers to focus on fixing, like Nyx's Psychic Blades. Those things are so worthless, they're a joke.

I agree. But Absorb is a GREAT power and a GREAT ultimate power right now. Compared to other high end ultimates, it's pretty good. Not Valkyr good, but still way up there. But there are other, better powers to focus on fixing, like Nyx's Psychic Blades. Those things are so worthless, they're a joke.

I disagree. I low level content it is weak because of it's nature.  It used to be amazing in high level content for the same reason.  Now that energy drain  is based on damage taken it is no longer amazing for high end content.  It is left in an awkward position where it really isn't worth using at any level now.

Even worse, it was one of the few skills that was almost perfectly balanced then it was broken pointlessly. I understand that DE doesn't particularly want to balance everything around end game content, but that doesn't mean they should specifically set out to destroy what already does scale well for it.

That end game content is the only thing that doesn't feel very casual, and therefore fun for me. I think skills should be the one thing that scale well ACROSS all levels either through percentages or through direct enemy interaction. It allows ALL skills to be balanced and useful even at level 9999 while also not being brokenly OP even at level 1.  

Just saying, "we don't want you playing that way," is just a lazy excuse to avoid having to look at balancing the game, imo, and it is increasingly driving me to play Destiny instead. 

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame