Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Hypnos- Sleep

kevv101

Here's a concept of a WARFRAME I came up with:

name: Hypnos/Somnus

description: Hypnos is the master of sleep and dreams and uses his powers to distract or torment his enemies.

(Level 30 stats)

health: 150

energy: 120

armor: 65

shield: 200

stamina: 100

speed: 1.0

abilities:

1.Sleep: hypnos forces the target into sleep where they will remain until woken by loud noises*, being attacked or after an amount of time.

(leveling increases amount of time asleep 5/10/15 seconds)

(power duration increases sleep time and power strength increases how much noise is needed to wake them)

2.Day dream/ swinish sleep: Hypnos sends out a wave of energy that makes any enemies in the radius think that they are in a dream: thinking that nothing bad can really happen to them them they will not call for backup or set off alarms.(leveling increases the area of effect 25\50\60m)(power range increases the area of effect of the wave)

3.Fog of sleep/noxious daze: Hypnos covers an area with thick fog and any enemy that enters it will have decreased movement and visibility.

(leveling will increase the fogs size 10\20\30m and duration 10\20\30 seconds)

(power duration increases the duration of the fog, power range increases the area that the fog covers and power strength increases how much speed and visibility is lost when in the fog)

4.Waking nightmare: Hypnos reaches into the minds of his enemies and pulls their nightmares into the physical world where they will wreak havoc,killing and terrifying enemies.

(levering increases the amount of nightmares summoned 2\4\6)

(power duration increases the time the nightmares are active and power strength increases how much damage the nightmares do)

*loud noises include shouting, gunfire and alarms

Feel free to post any comments, suggestions or art you have about this 'frame

Edited by kevv101

Er the day dream ability is kinda useless...especially when you are on a exterminate mission. Even if they did set off an alarm you can literally hack it in 2-3 seconds...

(Sorry for the late reply) the no-alarm part of the daydream ability is intended to stop people from running in from other rooms rather than to stop you being locked out, but I do see your point and agree that hacking the security does not take long.

name: Hypnos

description: Hypnos is the master of sleep and dreams and uses his powers to distract or torment his enemies.

(Level 30 stats)

health: 200

energy: 200

abilities:

1.Sleep: hypnos forces the target into sleep where they will remain until woken by loud noises*, being attacked or after an amount of time.

(power duration increases sleep time and power strength increases how much noise is needed to wake them)

2.Day dream: Hypnos sends out a wave of energy that makes any enemies in the radius think that they are in a dream: thinking that nothing bad can really happen to them them they will not call for backup or set off alarms.(leveling increases the area of effect 25\50\60m)(power range increases the area of effect of the wave)

3.Fog of sleep: Hypnos covers an area with thick fog and any enemy that enters it will have decreased movement and visibility.

(power duration increases the duration of the fog, power range increases the area that the fog covers and power strength increases how much speed and visibility is lost when in the fog)

4.Waking nightmare: Hypnos reaches into the minds of his enemies and pulls their nightmares into the physical world where they will wreak havoc,killing and terrifying enemies.

(power duration increases the time the nightmares are active and power strength increases how much damage the nightmares do)

+1

Idea sounds innocent at first, but the moment you look into this thread you realise it's not...

I LIKE IT!!!

I would agree that it seems a bit tanky for a warframe based around sleep... I think 150 base health and 120 shields should suffice.

Also, I would suggest more ominous names for abilities. Your second ability could be called "Swinish Sleep" or your third could be "Noxious Daze". Something along those lines. 

Just my two cents anyways, really like your concept. 

#deceptivewarframethatisnotstealthbased!

Back for more ideas! (Sorry...hyperactive minds tend to get their ideas in bite-sized chunks XD)

Hypnos is the Greek God of sleep. His Roman counterpart is Somnus. You might want to rename him to that 'cuz, in Rick Riordan's Hero of Olympus series( first book BTW), Hypnos is said to have done nothing much besides sleep, but Somnus actually killed people who nodded off during their jobs in their sleep. (Awesome, ikr?)

Here's another idea you can tap on: the river Lethe. It is the river for forgetfulness, and drinking from it could erase a person's memory completely. This could be a nice ability of sorts.

Cheerios!

I would agree that it seems a bit tanky for a warframe based around sleep... I think 150 base health and 120 shields should suffice

#deceptivewarframethatisnotstealthbased!

Thanks for the input and name ideas. Do you mean level 0 or 30 for "base stats"? Edited by kevv101

name: Hypnos/Somnus

(Level 30 stats)

health: 200

energy: 200

abilities:

2.Day dream/ swinish sleep: Hypnos sends out a wave of energy that makes any enemies in the radius think that they are in a dream: thinking that nothing bad can really happen to them them they will not call for backup or set off alarms.(leveling increases the area of effect 25\50\60m)(power range increases the area of effect of the wave)

3.Fog of sleep/noxious daze: Hypnos covers an area with thick fog and any enemy that enters it will have decreased movement and visibility.

miter ain`t good with this frame xD

Some animation and ulility ideas:

Sleep: Hypnos channels a swirling orb of energy in his palm, then forces it forward, causing it to dissipate suddenly into 3/4/5 target-seeking orbs, upon contact with the enemy the enemy will instantly fall asleep, going into unalerted state.

+Effect lasts for 10/15/20 seconds, with a deep sleep period of 5/6/7 seconds where the enemy cannot be awoken unless attacked

+Enemies can be approached from behind to perform stealth attacks

-Does not affect non-flesh targets like MOAs

Day dream: Hypnos channels a swirling orb in two hands, then forces outward, causing a white light to pulsate from him outwards. Affected targets will day dream.

+Effect lasts 7/8/9 seconds

+Enemies will have REMOVED SHIELDING

Fog of Sleep: Hypnos channels into melee weapon and slams the ground. Creates an area where targets will have reduced visibility and movement.

+Reduced visibility and movement

-Costs 7 energy per second.

Waking Nightmare: Hypnos drags orbs out of enemies into his palm and slams it onto the ground. Targets initially affected by this will LIVE TO SEE THEIR NIGHTMARES BWAHAHA!!!

+Initial Blast proc when doing the orb animation

+Affected enemies suffer from 50%bleed damage and 50% radiation damage

Is it alright if I start a threat with artwork for this?... I will make sure to cite my idea source (You).

Go ahead. If you want I'll post the a link for it on the first/intro post. Also I really like that artwork above.

Sleep.........

I thought you might like this, it's a totally original piece.... enjoy!

-'Matu

GcFFbFk.jpg

OMFG that looks badass! 

Has the general build of a solid caster defence/utility warframe, yet possesses a less tanky look that fits in with the general idea of sleep.

+1 Mate!

Anyways...some other stats I can think up:

Health: 

Shields:

Armour:

Speed:

Stamina:

65(Needs 14 earth hours of sleep to become fully awake ^^!!)

Power:

Polarity:

4x Scratch

1x Dash

1x D

Aura:

Dash