Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Codex Lore-Vauban(2/19/15)

WarframeStigma

• 2 months later...

Nyx

they gave me no preparation, no chance to thought. i was immediately transferred to Chamber 5E. i had no idea what the project was or who the subject was to be. i was told they needed more hands at work there and i was the unlucky candidate. i found the outer room where the assigned group was. i noticed that, for some reason, there was a sharp but subtle sound in the back of my head.

"i have b-" i said before being interrupted by one of the doctors.

"shh!" one of them said with a finger on their mouth. he whispered, "we've been waiting for almost a half an hour. put on that protection gear on the table."

"doesnt look like it could protect my body very well given what i've dealt with in the past," i whispered back while putting on the strange suit. i noticed that all of them were wearing them unmasked.

"its not necessarily your body that it protects," another whispered. "now get in there, quick!"

i reluctantly put on my suit along with the mask. it felt like i was in a straight jacket; certain parts of the suit felt more like restraints than anything else. either way, i opened the door into the chamber. the doctors quickly donned their masks. some were breathing heavily as if anxious. either way, i went in, spotting a doctor standing behind the body.

"hurry," he whispered.

"why is everyone so quiet," i whispered. the doctor eyed the subject. i took a closer look at it. it was female, seemingly adolescent by the looks of the body structure. there were these strange bolts situated throughout her body, to my understanding, they connected to certain nerve endings. the most peculiar of the subject was that her face was completely concealed in what seemed to be a helmet or a restraint, devoid of light but permitted air. even the head restraint had bolts on it. i felt it unnerving to look at such a thing.

"im sorry, b-but why-" i started.

"shh!" the doctor prompted quietly. "she is sedated. it's in our best interests to keep her that way."

"if she's sedated, wouldnt she stay that way?" i asked quietly.

"not this one," he whispered back. "get that syringe."

a syringe filled with a clear solution was near me. i picked it up and waited for instructions.

"the middle bolt on her forearm facing your direction, i need you to inject that solution into it," he whispered.

i tapped the side of the needle and found the mark, i penetrated the bolt about halfway and slowly injected the solution. i felt my own breathing. the sounds of the room sharpened. it was as if my senses were heightened. the sharp sound in my head felt sharper and more distinct. and i could swear i saw the female's arm move a bit. but my mind was unable to make that conclusion. 

"is..is.." i tried.

"is what?" the doctor asked while making more injections.

"is this what she does?" i quietly asked. "mess with your perception? wh-what happened to the person that i replaced?"

the doctor paused his actions. he looked down at the subject and took a deep breath. "that's above you, newcomer," he whispered. "in fact, i cant tell you much about this operation or the details. just do exactly what i say, and you'll be alright."

i grew concerned with the subject on the table. it breathed slowly; it was sleeping. the doctors here were clearly anxious working with this one. i figured sedation would be a clear solution. but somehow, it wasnt for this one, and i only wondered how she was to safely be shipped to "storage."

i didnt notice before, but it turned out that, from the start, i had been working after working hours. we had been an hour in. the ship should've closed completely 15 minutes ago. and not a second passed where i couldnt hear the disturbing noise in my head. in fact, it felt more like a cold voice. i grew worried and felt the need to ask, "okay, what's going on here. we're going past hours."

"oh, working hours dont close for another 4 hours," he said.

i sighed, "another thing im not allowed to hear?"

the doctor paused and said, "tell no one else i told you. the working hours for everyone else closes to give clearance to this subject here... lets just say that these subjects have a way of communicating. we dont want this one waking up because of that."

"what happens if she wakes up?" i whispered.

"there's a reason why we're working with these suits. if you werent wearing yours, you'd have more to worry about than just hearing a voice in your head. and if she were to wake up, the suits wouldnt make a difference."

• 1 month later...

Vauban

beginning Test 3

scenery shifts.

observing:

-field empty.

-exploitable regions present.

tactically placing traps.

prediction:

-enemies will be unable to immediately detect traps.

-68.3% success probability. estimated to be most tactically efficient.

traps placed.

taking cover.

enemies appearing.

Enemy B nearing Trap C.

Enemy D nearing Trap E

Enemy B and Enemy D terminated.

Enemy A, Enemy C, and Enemy E suspicion levels appear to have risen. reaction predicted.

remaining enemies disburse searching for traps.

placing traps between them.

traps triggered.

Enemy A, Enemy C, and Enemy E terminated.

beginning Test 4.

scenery shifts.

observing:

-8 enemies present. unaware of current presence.

-no exploitable regions.

taking cover.

calculating chances of survival.

prediction:

-survival success rate less than 30%.

survival highly unlikely but not impossible.

brainstorming tactics.

placing traps between Enemy C and enemy D.

Enemy A aware of presence.

taking damage from Enemy A and now-aware Enemy C.

Enemy D destroys traps.

terminating Enemy C.

hiding trap on dead Enemy C.

taking damage from Enemy A.

terminating Enemy D.

taking damage from all currently-living enemies.

using dead Enemy D as shield.

hiding trap in dead Enemy D.

leaving dead Enemy D upon the ground.

running from fire.

living enemies step near dead Enemy C and dead Enemy D.

traps trigger.

all living enemies terminated.

tests complete.

scenery returns to factory setting.

two test regulators enter the field for body examination.

prediction:

-test regulators will be unable to immediately detect prematurely made traps.

-84.3% success probability, estimated to be most tactically efficient.