Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob Guys Perspective.

Jaguardian

Was looking for a new game and found this one by chance.  Downloaded and started playing the game on Sep. 20th.  Didn't know much at all so probably made some bad choices, but I went with Mag and took the bow, knives, and Skanu blade.  I have a sniper/ranged/stealth damage play style.  Started going into missions as a pub group (default setting) and found myself always lagging behind the group not getting into much action so I learned how to set it to solo.  Most missions I can do solo (can't do defense or boss missions solo) and was able to take my time and really start learning how to play.  On the 4th day of playing something clicked and I finally figured out the character/weapon modding and how that works (don't have to use the auto thing anymore), I even combined some mods together to make a 60% melee boost from multiple 20% melee mods.  I still have not tried/learned about whatever the middle mod screen option is (left is Fusion I think and right is sell) so that is still something I have yet to figure out.  I have scanned the Wiki and found a guide on these forums that have been helpful.  I have accidentally spent some of the 50 platinum before I truly learned the difference between the two types of money in game (I wish I could get that back).  I have bought my first companion blueprint and hope that I can find all the resources needed to build it soon, and I have built the Cronus (spelling) sword all ready.  Last night I tried to do the rank up test for the first time and failed, will try again tonight.

In case I have not made it clear, I am enjoying the game even though I feel like I am learning the mechanics way too slow.  I will apologize in advance for my less than stellar performance when I am on a pub team as my stats after the mission always show me contributing less than others (never top performer, but I am not always the lowest either).

I look forward to playing and continuing to build up my warframe and maybe even get another one (deciding between Trinity and Frost currently).  It seems I have been learning this game by trial and error and hopefully there will be less "error" on my part.

Jaguardian

I think you're learning slow because it is supposed to be this way (and because there are no tutorials about modding in-game) . Don't worry and enjoy the game! I've seen too many people tryhard to get some op weapons which led them to be bored to death. Don't fall into that trap. Also press "h" and be the first to get used to play with the warframe on the right :P

Welcome welcome, to the greatest space farming sim in human history!!!

All joking aside, it is a fantastically fun game, the grind is the most boring part of it. Don't want specific things too much, it'll only lead to frustration when you start grinding/farming to get a specific item since the drop tables are... let's just say evil.

As far as the center panel in the mod menu, that's for Transmutation. Insert four mods and a buncha credits and you can gamble for a better mod. Wouldn't recommend doing that for new users.

If you're in US West I'll help you out since DE should really implement a mentor program. Though people should not rush in starter mission or do it in private mode. Though if you just need tips ask around.

I did read somewhere that there will be a mentor program soon along with hubs.

I did read somewhere that there will be a mentor program soon along with hubs.

I hope so. I have to take time and teach newbies what are bad habits to have that they learned from other players who just rushed and didn't teach them about stuff like hallway heros and those who just stand infringement of others when they are taking aim. Kinda annoying when you're about to snipe a heavy and they stop what they're doing and step infront of you as you fire.

Awesome, welcome! 

Just some advice: if you're planning to play free and spend as little money as possible, you may run into the "unbreachable" Platinum Barrier (Warframe/ Weapon slots, extra resources, Catalysts and Reactors, etc.) that a lot of new people think makes this game pay to win. Despite the market seemingly being platinum-priced, the only reason you actually need plat is to pay for convenience or cosmetics. Everything else is totally free. 

While it may seem like this is the case, do not panic, because here's a little secret: skill, smart play, and an openness to co-op either with random people or with friends will get you through a lot of the game's content for free. A good clan, while not completely necessary, will also help you a lot.