Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Really Want An Archwing Pvp Mode?

Sasquatchias

I just feel like it'd be really fun, zooming around the map in "dogfights" with other players, slashing or shooting them down while the Solar Rails loom around in the background.

Plus it has the possibility of actually being pretty balanced since the conventional Mods are thrown out the window, along with abilities. So no one running around with a maxed Serration and Multi-Shot/Elemental shenanigans.

Good opportunity. Far more better and balanced than Dark Sectors. But as a loremonger, I'd once again like to know why Tenno would want to fight against their own kind while they're faced with three juggernaut factions.

well we can also ask why do teams go against each other in sports when where all human. it's probably for sport and honor and stuff like that. tenno need to have fun to :P

Good opportunity. Far more better and balanced than Dark Sectors. But as a loremonger, I'd once again like to know why Tenno would want to fight against their own kind while they're faced with three juggernaut factions.

Make it a sport. Some long lost relic of Orokin culture being revived by the rediscovery of archwings.

well we can also ask why do teams go against each other in sports when where all human. it's probably for sport and honor and stuff like that. tenno need to have fun to :P

In a game of football, we don't use guns. 

But you do raise an interesting point. Maybe the whole Dark Sector PvP shtick is avirtual training ground. Holodeck on steroids. 

In a game of football, we don't use guns. 

But you do raise an interesting point. Maybe the whole Dark Sector PvP shtick is avirtual training ground. Holodeck on steroids. 

exactly! it's all sport. just a very violent form of it.

although in Dark sectors we fight specters that copy the enemy so lore wise we dont actually fight each other, but, we do fight each other in the dojo and in the dojo we go into a downed state and then get up so you can say that the duels are sports and the DS is a battle to take out the opponents spectres.

Steve is talking about rails as in on-rail shooter where you are dragged along a level while only being able to shoot enemies and can't move around yourself(time crisis arcade style). He isn't talking about solar rails.....lol

I can't believe someone actually confused solar rails with rail shooters lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rail_shooters

Pvp sound awful anyway, this game doesn't need it.

Edited by kiteohatto

The only PVP to make sense so far are conclaves and dueling areans, which are to settle disputes. Dark sectors however go against everything the Tenno are meant to be doing balance wise. We can't bring balance when we do exactly what our enemies are doing and try to own parts of the solar system. I think that we shouldn't have anymore PVP because of how skewed it makes that lore that is already in-game.

If I where to suggest a lore wise approach for the dark sectors I would say to make these areas a war torn battle field between the four factions.

All I see when I look from closed beta to dark sectors all I see is the community spreading flames because of certain clans control or monopolization. If we are to bring any more PVP (against the other half of the community that doesn't want more PVP) then we should at least not allow people/clans to control it because it's just going to start more flames.

Steve said via Twitter there wont be any archwing pvp

0z8VMek.jpg

That was him talking about in-game "rails" as in your player is guided through a certain area as if you were on rails/tracks.

Edited by Postal_pat