Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Really Want An Archwing Pvp Mode?

Sasquatchias

No I would not want this. The mod system offers some level of customization in how you play but it is not a good fit for PvP. Now if Arcwing had its own mods and they were balanced for both the PvE and PvP environment sure.

But this would mean yet another area of the game that has separate mods you need to grind for. We already have too much of that in my opinion and it makes me unhappy to have that happen again.

There is no reason to add anymore PvP to this game.  Now that they gave in on the PvP requests everything knew will be requested for PvP, but there is no way to balance it all out without basically making two games side-by-side or killing one game mode for the other.

If you want Archwing PvP mode, download SWTOR F2P and play the Starfighter mode.  There is balanced archwing mode for warframe.

Edited by Nickeltoe

Personally, I want less PVP, not more.  Conclaves were a good way to handle it; isolated from main PvE content, and ignorable if you don't like it.  Dark Sector conflicts going PvP just caused me to not want to play them anymore.  Like it or not, this game is largely about PvE, and I'd say it's attracted an audience that enjoys that.

If they do, it had better be more like Conclaves, and totally separate from the PvE modes.

Personally, I want less PVP, not more.  Conclaves were a good way to handle it; isolated from main PvE content, and ignorable if you don't like it.  Dark Sector conflicts going PvP just caused me to not want to play them anymore.  Like it or not, this game is largely about PvE, and I'd say it's attracted an audience that enjoys that.

If they do, it had better be more like Conclaves, and totally separate from the PvE modes.

I'm completely okay with it being an optional thing, like the Conclaves.

With all free form games the only way to get true balance for PvP is pre-set loadouts... 

or...

do what bungie did with destiny. make every gun do the same DPS, so a noob could jump strait in and kill a pro (if they were super super super lucky and were over the top pros)

then in a match have stuff like speed upgrades and energy orbs for every kill, but upgrades go away after death so you dont have everyone zooming around at 1000000 mph

Edited by creeperZface

As long as you don't have to do PvP to unlock things I don't care if they have it or not, it gives players something else to do and might make the game appeal to a broader range of people.

Solar rail conflicts are kind of fun, but I only tend to do them when an alliance offers worthwhile battle pay.

Steve said via Twitter there wont be any archwing pvp

Edit: Read first post

LOL he is not even talking about PvP there. 

He was talking about the concerns about Archwing being a Rail Shooter.

Send PvP back to the conclaves.

Get it out of the Solar Rails so that the majority of the player base will play them again.

Just for your information, most regular Conclavers don't even like the Dark Sector Conflicts. The only players that actually play Solar Rail Conflicts are the Alliances that currently owns most of the nodes, and they didn't even play PvP before that. 

Edited by RexSol

Considering everyone would have (as far as we know) the same equipment and weapon power, just with 4 variations, this would be the first actualy sensible PvP mode in the game.

Good opportunity. Far more better and balanced than Dark Sectors. But as a loremonger, I'd once again like to know why Tenno would want to fight against their own kind while they're faced with three juggernaut factions.

Yeah Dark Sectors conflicts are a still a stupid concept lore wise, since the Tenno are essentialy wasting away tons of resources to fight each other. Over what? A pile of scraps that other Tennos don't want them to have.

PvP should have always been explained as training battles, not actual open conflicts between larger groups.

Edited by Othergrunty

pvp could be worked really well hell even some kind of weird sport type could be made.

death ball.....imagine a sport where 2 teams are pitted against each other in a large scale field in space where they have an explosive ball that explodes upon goals made. both teams can fight quidditch style with each player taking certain roles

Yeah Dark Sectors conflicts are a still a stupid concept lore wise,

Lore wise the tenno aren't exactly united. Clans are confirmed to exist in-universe, and there's stated to be many types of tenno, both noble and otherwise. Basically, they're a diverse faction that unites to fight common enemies. 

I personally dislike pvp completly. In a year since I started warframe I have only done 1 game of pvp and since then stopped doing solar rails. Judging by the traffic in pvp areas versus traffic in pve areas (at the same general time) it seems that a large majority of the player base likes pve a lot more than pvp. So if they have a pvp similar to the conclaves I don't really care, as long as it doesn't take away resources from the game (i.e. bug fixing and new content). But I don't care as long as it is a seperate thing from the main game.