Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Really Want An Archwing Pvp Mode?

Sasquatchias

Closed beta

Lotus: You are tenno one of the many survivours scattered across the solar system, united under the me, you will bring balance once again to the solar system. Go forth and awaken your forgotten brethren.

(this isn't what she said but you get the gist.)

Tenno: Lets go! :D

Clans

Lotus: There are enough tenno now to start a clan, so that you may help each other.

Tenno: No more being a scattered survivor I guess.

Conclave/dueling room:

Lotus: Tenno you can now issue an honorable duel against another tenno.

Tenno: That's cool I can train my skills with my fellow tenno.

Dark sectors

Lotus: Tenno we can finally expand our empire clan just like the grineer. However other clans dispute our advancements you must kill them.

Tenno: ...what?

Everything was ok until dark secotors came and conflicted with everything so far. No more pvp.

Lore wise the tenno aren't exactly united. Clans are confirmed to exist in-universe, and there's stated to be many types of tenno, both noble and otherwise. Basically, they're a diverse faction that unites to fight common enemies. 

Lore wise they are all united and honorable Tenno. It is only the player and PVP aspects that makes Tenno seem so different from each other.

Edited by Postal_pat

Steve is talking about rails as in on-rail shooter where you are dragged along a level while only being able to shoot enemies and can't move around yourself(time crisis arcade style). He isn't talking about solar rails.....lol

I can't believe someone actually confused solar rails with rail shooters lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rail_shooters

Pvp sound awful anyway, this game doesn't need it.

Wish I could take back an upvote... I was with you, until the last sentence.

Just because DE has failed at balancing PvP in its current incarnation doesn't mean that a properly balanced Archwing PvP mode wouldn't be awesomely fun.

As a big big starfox fan, i really am up for this, to see who would be the fastest in an actual match between fellow tenno.

But in the same time no, i dont want ressources to get cut of just for the sake of a pvp arcwing mode. Yeah I know the reasoning will come : ,,They could hire another dev, just for pvp so ressources wont get cut'' but they wont. Thats the thing.

I have some bad thoughts that we'll hear an resounding ,,meh''from the community after the arcwing update happened, because there will be already people who find issues in it that needs to be fixed.

Until DE has not a completely independent dev or working team for pvp, i wont cheer for it. Or if there would be a chance that they do it, then they might should consider 1-2 more months to iron it out completely.

Edited by MihawkDulacr1

Archwing PvP! Yes, yes and yes!!. But how can DE make it "works" is another story.

From my experience of PvP, a lot players love to play it when it's fun and working, though "what works" for Warframe can be endlessly debated. The DS conflicts as it's now, more or less, was DE's response to the community's. And it doesn't seem resulted in less complaining; in facts, it's arguably more. Whereas, the conclave remains intact as DE's original idea.

No, no, and No. 

This game already has broken PvP that the majority of the player base does not like, even if they like PvP.   Also Warframe at its core is a PvE game, so there is no reason to keep adding more PvP, especially before the existing PvP is fixed.  Archwing will probably be buggy and need lots of tweaking when its added, so it is way to early to even talk about adding PvP.  I also have a feeling that, because there will be different Archwing types, just like there are different warframes, it will suffer from the same balance issues if it had PvP.

This thread is just a debate against and for Archwing PVP rail... when the PVP conflict ISN'T EVEN FIXED!! or balance...

srsly... stop making the situation even worst...

Dont tell me the PVP currently is, IS balanced... no, it's not... 

DE have no idea how to balance PVP... or has little to no experiences in gaming. the fact from observing...

Or let's put it this way... WE players are more creative and think plans to overcome them.

DE have no idea how to balance PVP... or has little to no experiences in gaming. the fact from observing...

Or let's put it this way... WE players are more creative and think plans to overcome them.

That is wrong. They know how it do it, and they have experience in gaming. This game just isn't finished yet. 

http://www.digitalextremes.com/games

That is wrong. They know how it do it, and they have experience in gaming. This game just isn't finished yet. 

http://www.digitalextremes.com/games

I mostly see single FPS games... or PVP-FPS games...

no level/grinding TPS game i have seen from there soo far.

unless my knowledge fails me on those games' name i have yet to see before. -.-"

WF will be a mmo when there's official server + open world... 

Edited by low1991

This thread is just a debate against and for Archwing PVP rail... when the PVP conflict ISN'T EVEN FIXED!! or balance...

srsly... stop making the situation even worst...

Dont tell me the PVP currently is, IS balanced... no, it's not... 

You realize DE did Unreal Tournament? One of the best and most well balanced shooters of all time?

You realize DE did Unreal Tournament? One of the best and most well balanced shooters of all time?

First of all, very different kind of games, UT series is designed from ground up as PvP arena first person shooter.  Secondly, it was co-developed with Epic Games, Epic's Cliff Bleszinski was the lead designer, and when it's a co-development, you don't know if it involves core design decision or other areas such as programming and art assets.  If DE also involved core design back then, we don't know if the very same people are also working on Warframe right now.  The founder of DE, James Schmalz is also working on Warframe?  I doubt it.

UT... nope... it's not even balance...

i have play UT 2 and 3. so i know...

what's more, in FPS like UT, player-skill covers most possible gaps...

but not for WF... PVP in WF is basically... more OP weapon + frame = higher killing rate.

UT... nope... it's not even balance...

i have play UT 2 and 3. so i know...

what's more, in FPS like UT, player-skill covers most possible gaps...

but not for WF... PVP in WF is basically... more OP weapon + frame = higher killing rate.

I disagree with you, when experienced players with weapons fully forma'd just for PvP, fighting on fair terms, that's when the skill shows up. Not just having OP weapons. 

Now the real problem is... Why does it have to exist this "fair terms" i mentioned? What are those things that make us have rules, if we want a fair fight? Those issues with Warframe PvP, identify them and Balance them. The PvP Feedback section is full of excellent feedback about that. 

And i believe that with Archwing might be an opportunity to balance the PvP right from the start. Because this game mode will basically have an entire different loudout, apparently the Warframe you are using doesn't even matter. (I might be wrong on that.)

Edited by RexSol

And i believe that with Archwing might be an opportunity to balance the PvP right from the start. Because this game mode will basically have an entire different loudout, apparently the Warframe you are using doesn't even matter. (I might be wrong on that.)

The main problem is:

-Mod build... some mods are OP... enuff said

-Potato... the gap between non-potato frame/archwing and potato'ed frame/archwing...

-Forma... 

-Lag... (host)

-Weapons... in balanced stats

no matter what... archwing-mode or non. problem still remains.

The main problem is:

-Potato... the gap between non-potato frame/archwing and potato'ed frame/archwing...

-Forma... 

-Lag... (host)

Your entire argument revolves around DE being a bunch of blathering idiots with no idea how to even approach balance.

All of those things can be factored into a balanced PvP setup. Also, we don't know if Archwings will even use mods.

It seems like you're a little biased, for whatever reason. Try again when you're not in "PvP sux" mode.

The main problem is:

-Forma... 

-Lag... (host)

While you have a point, right now its all just speculation. For all we know maybe the Archwings have their own shields/health that "replaces" ours? What if they don't take Forma?

And with Modding I feel its less of an issue simply because at the start there might not be many Archwing mods out (assuming they have a Mod System in the first place) and with careful feedback perhaps DE won't start down the road of including hundreds of damage mods and make Archwings Mods focused more on utility. 

Your entire argument revolves around DE being a bunch of blathering idiots with no idea how to even approach balance.

All of those things can be factored into a balanced PvP setup. Also, we don't know if Archwings will even use mods.

It seems like you're a little biased, for whatever reason. Try again when you're not in "PvP sux" mode.

1) go check out the changes on PVP... if you cant find the flaw, i'm literally speechless.

2) DE say... Archwing will be like a separately NEW frame when fighting against that forma ship in Dev steam 37 or 38... where they show you the UI thingy... (meaning... archwing = use mods) unless these will be the FIRST to be able to use ABILITIES without equipping the ability mods.

3) I have yet to play pvp . but i will admit that i wouldn't even play it properly, so maybe i belong to the pvp sux group... but the thing is... OP ability is PLAYER SKILL!... OP weapon = PLAYER SKILL!  what is your definition of "PVP SUX" mode...

Edited by low1991

• 1 month later...

I couldn't care less if archwing pvp sucked, i just want it to exist.

Normal conclave pvp+ dojo duels are already quite entertaining(who hits the other guy first wins)

((((and funny)))

Back in the old days of mass effect 3, i sort of felt the same way, pvp would have been broken, but at least it could have existed

I couldn't care less if archwing pvp sucked, i just want it to exist.

Normal conclave pvp+ dojo duels are already quite entertaining(who hits the other guy first wins)

((((and funny)))

Back in the old days of mass effect 3, i sort of felt the same way, pvp would have been broken, but at least it could have existed

I wish everyone had your attitude. :D