Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4...does Anyone Use A Mic Anymore?

(PSN)dj_a-g_smuv

I have mine on mute unless I see somebody else with a mic (when playing with random players). I tend to keep my chat to the party room on PS4 to spare other players from an abnoxious amount of chatter they probably don't want to hear that might or might not be related to the game.

If it's just me, I tend to lay low or quiet unless somebody feels social. Or I'll make a public service announcement of something in game and if I get no response, I leave it at that. 

Nothing worse than somebody with a mic who is chattering away on the phone or with somebody who might be with them in person. Not something I need to hear.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I play on PC as I can not stand using controllers. That being said the in game voice communication has improved greatly however it is still greatly lacking. 

In my clan and alliance we use a 3rd party chat program and usually have many people on at any given time talking. Come event time it is so helpful to be able to talk with the people that you are running with but not only that it builds a community of players all across the world. My clan has players from more than 10 different countries and it makes for really interesting conversation but it is really enjoyable. 

I wish DE would further improve their in game voice chat client it would greatly improve this game. 

Have faith though bro there are people that use it. Just not as many as there could be. 

I have a pair of Turtle Beach P11s, but personally don't like to speak while I play games. Something about so many groups pressuring people into voice chat made it permanently undesirable to me.

I remember when I played DAoC and Roger Wilco had just started being used.  It was awkward going from text to talking to these clan mates.

In the end it was fun but since then the maturity has gone downhill and the sound quality alone makes it not worth it.  Every game folks pushing for voice ended it for me.  Close friends and co-workers are the only ones I use voice with and on private voice servers.

i ONCE met a guy that actually spoke using a mic. And he was the only one actually speaking. And it made me decide to get a headset with a microphone. And shortly after i got it, everybody is too shy to use them. I would really enjoy play some missions using a microphone, especially because i would actually practice my english D:

Does anyone want to do this? :V

A lot of valid/Good points...I'm that quick chat guy meaning ok lets do this do that end of convo..lets move on. I was just thinking that when I play my other online games that I have (wont mention) a lot of people will not let u join unless you have a mic..different game mentality I guess but I do honestly see the points (actually experienced a lot of PoeticProdigals experiences). Thank you all for the replies...quite insightful.

Edited by (PS4)dj_a-g_smuv

OR...you are the lone PUG in the room with 3 other clan members that are in external PS4 chat...

This was me, most of the time I played with clan members and in separate party chat so that our conversation would persist if we left the planet, disbanded and changed loadouts, etc.

Most of them stopped playing with Destiny, but the larger issue is my A40s are shared between my PS4 and PC.  They're kept connected to the PC more often than not, and it usually feels... not-worth-the-time to go connect them to the PS4 for a few matches with people I will likely never run into again.