Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Trinity Getting A Rework?

AridTeflon

As long as a game has PvP, no matter how unimportant it is to the actual game (and the vast majority of players) then that game will always have whiners that need things to be nerfed.

As such it's why I haven't bothered putting any forma into a frame. Complete waste of time considering sooner or later something will be nerfed.

I used to like PVP, mainly in MMO's, until it hit the cycle of nerf/buff repeat. PvE based games tend to be okay. Less competitiveness, less need for nerf cycles. 

Healers tend to get it the worst. 

It's hilarious really. The whole point of being a healer is to keep yourself and your team alive. People rage because they think they should be able to kill said healers easily defeating the whole purpose of being a healer.

No game, no game ever, has managed to achieve that mythical "balance" that people seem to go on about. Min/max'ers will always be able to get maximum potential out of anything so as soon as one ability is brought down they will just find another .. so on and so forth.

I find it hard to get myself attached to, depending on the game, class or (in this case) frames because there will come a time that they will be beat into uselessness to appease the complainers. 

The only thing I take joy in is the class/frame that those very people play will also be hit with the nerf bat eventually.

exactly i got stung with saryn before never again, i forma my frames and weapons twice maximum for generic mods that will be accpetable in every build and leave it at that, because yes the nerf bat will come as long as they nerf cryers keep taking to the forums. only in warframe have i saw the healer being required to spam explosives at her feet and be into bdsm to prove most effective its a joke

what combination? if you have maxed out mods there maxed out,

Different mods entirely. For example, a maxed out Fleeting Expertise mod actually LOWERS your skill duration.  That mod was perfect for a spam build but would be terrible on a duration build.  If you wanted to go with one of the combinations between the two builds then you could leave it out of your build entirely but also not add the Continuity or  the Narrow Minded mod.

Different mods entirely. For example, a maxed out Fleeting Expertise mod actually LOWERS your skill duration.  That mod was perfect for a spam build but would be terrible on a duration build.  If you wanted to go with one of the combinations between the two builds then you could leave it out of your build entirely but also not add the Continuity or  the Narrow Minded mod.

so your talking about using corrupted mods that actually have a negative effect well gain same issue, your not building a medium build your doing the same thing less effectively thats choosing to gimp yourself, if your building for duration or for spam you would use the right mods your not getting a happy medium your getting a incomplete build

so your talking about using corrupted mods that actually have a negative effect well gain same issue, your not building a medium build your doing the same thing less effectively thats choosing to gimp yourself, if your building for duration or for spam you would use the right mods your not getting a happy medium your getting a incomplete build

You should try rereading my post that you quoted.

You should try rereading my post that you quoted.

im sorry did i rush my post or something?

you are getting a incomplete build, there is no combination between the two you either fit to do things efficiently or you lend up with whatever we had before corrupted mods, so to me that's a incomplete build there are a few bandage mods you can throw in there constitution vs continuity but it still doesn't validate your point.

hope i have been clear this time

you are getting a incomplete build, there is no combination between the two you either fit to do things efficiently or you lend up with whatever we had before corrupted mods, so to me that's a incomplete build there are a few bandage mods you can throw in there constitution vs continuity but it still doesn't validate your point.

Its not an incomplete build. Its about not focusing on one aspect.

Focusing on one aspect is not necessarily more efficient.

You can focus on PE and end up having powers that you must spam in order to get the desired effect. Which some people prefer.

Or you can go for an in between build and have good efficiency but not at the expense of duration too much. Thus running a good middle ground, which depending on the player.situation can be better or worse then the maximised PE build. 

I could go all out for PE with banshee to counter Blind rage but that would require me to spam sonar endlessly and be rather cumbersome for me in order to maximise sonars dmg bonus. So I run a balanced build between PE and blind rage instead.

The same principle applies to trin.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Lowest duration (perfect for spam)} ----------{everything in between (i.e. diversity and variety)}-----------------{longest duration (perfect for DR builds)

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

both points are completely moot for the simple fact they dont apply in this case trinity's job is to heal give energy and stay alive along to do so, you cant compare maxing out power efficiency to counter blind rage on banshee because that makes about as much sense as putting on overextended on your invisible loki, you cant justify your point by saying its varied and diversified if i dont put on mods that will be obviously be a detriment to my build.

and this isn't really about a max efficiency build verses a max power build so i dont know why you keep dragging it back to this,

the point im making is trinity is a healer there for she should be reasonably tanky and healing and giving energy to the maximum of her ability and built for that way,

both points are completely moot for the simple fact they dont apply in this case trinity's job is to heal give energy and stay alive along to do so, you cant compare maxing out power efficiency to counter blind rage on banshee because that makes about as much sense as putting on overextended on your invisible loki, you cant justify your point by saying its varied and diversified if i dont put on mods that will be obviously be a detriment to my build.

and this isn't really about a max efficiency build verses a max power build so i dont know why you keep dragging it back to this,

the point im making is trinity is a healer there for she should be reasonably tanky and healing and giving energy to the maximum of her ability and built for that way,

Trinity's function is "support".  "Heal Spam" and "Damage Reduction Buffing" are both support functions.  It is a matter of personal preference as to which is more worthwhile. 

I don't think she will be getting a rework any time soon, but I do hope that she undergo another massive rework regarding her powers, specifically Blessing.

The way I see it now, no matter how many times DE decides to nerf or buff Trinity, as long as Blessing works the way it does now, there will always be a problem.

Trinity is what I classify as a "Defensive support" but in my opinion, she is sitting more towards the "Solo" side since her kit now doesn't really require her to stick to the team (besides Energy Vampire)

I heard rumors that Trinity was getting a skill rework.

If that's true, then it's highly likely that Trinity Prime will be released sometime in U15. Probably at the same time.

Trinity won't get a rework any time soon, and trinity prime probably won't come out till DE fixes the skirt problem on her and the other affected frames.

Wasnt it said in some of the devstreams that Trinity was going to get a visual overhaul? It would make sense since Trinity technically has the second known oldest design :

Look at 2:05. With the exception of her skirt (Wich IMO looked godly in comparison with the lobster) and a few attachables here and there, its basically the same frame, while excal changed a lot from its original design.

Edit: now that im looking at the full trailer again, geez DE talk about recycling assets...

Edited by Meganin