Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Really, Really Ambitious Idea For Dual Sidearms.

spiralmenace

picture this if you will. we have 3 mouse buttons, correct? fire, aim, alt-fire. map those to left mouse, right mouse, and middle mouse respectively.

so say you've got your dual pistols equipped. aim and shoot act as normal, with the twist of... alt fire locks on your off hand sidearm to whatever's under the reticle, while you're free to point your main hand off in whatever other direction.

so now left mouse shoots your main hand, right mouse shoots your off hand, and middle mouse returns your off hand to the main reticle.

like i said, this is ambitious as hell but it'd add something truly interesting about dual sidearms and a whole lot more Ninja to warframe as we know it.

I feel like this would take a lot of the skill out of it, so no.

If somehow we were forced to do both at the same time, it would be headache inducing, but awesome. Locking onto something in a game like warframe just seems to me like it defeats the purpose.

Edited by Escantell

Would you lock on to an enemy or just a direction? And would it be perfect accuracy?

it'd lock on to an enemy, yeah. and no, accuracy ratings would still apply

meh but give an option for it so in case we like our normal akimbo pistols we dont have to get angry

it'd already be optional. you don't have to use the lock on

Edited by N7Vanquisher

So does that mean you get a free aim on the off-hand weapon. It seems in here that you can scroll the mousewheel to select the target you want to shoot at

the off-hand gun shoots in the direction of whatever's locked on either until you alt-fire again or it dies. and no, i hadn't thought of using scroll wheel to swap targets, that's a really good idea :D

It certainly helps. However, it would essentially be an aim assist - not too keen on that one. Will the the gun just snap to the enemy?

the gun points at whatever's locked on. accuracy, recoil bloom, and spread are still taken into account so it's not just an aimbot

Edited by N7Vanquisher

It's an easy solution - if you zoom and keep the fire button pressed at the same time you fire a tracer. Then all shots from your second sidearm go to the tracer, and the shots from the first sidearm go wherever you are aiming.

The shots would not curve (much), like with a certain new rifle, but Tenno would be pointing at the target with his left sidearm. Of course, that would mean new animation for all warframes. Now that IS ambitious.

i suppose that depends on if there's room for an alt-fire separate from aim on controllers. haven't really put a lot of thought into it i guess :/

I myself only have one or two buttons free.....in my D-Pad.... actually I don't now that I think about.  welp guess controllers won't be able to enjoy it.   I wanted to be able go jon Woo on people. 

It's an easy solution - if you zoom and keep the fire button pressed at the same time you fire a tracer. Then all shots from your second sidearm go to the tracer, and the shots from the first sidearm go wherever you are aiming.

The shots would not curve (much), like with a certain new rifle, but Tenno would be pointing at the target with his left sidearm. Of course, that would mean new animation for all warframes. Now that IS ambitious.

So a sidearm version of the Buzlok?

While this certainly sounds cool, I think it loses some of it's luster when you consider large groups of enemies. Imagine walking into a room of Grineer, unlocking your guns and suddenly your left arm swings around and locks onto a Latcher. Also how would you keep track of the damage your doing to either target? Where on the target does the left arm lock? The body? The head?

I think unlocking the sidearms to fire independently is an interesting idea (LMB fires left pistol, RMB fires right one) but if I'm trying to prevent a Napalm from making s'mores out of my the last thing I want is for my left arm to have a mind of it's own.

I think this should simply replace the zoom feature. Akimbo style sidearms have too much over single variants already. Why do they get to be more accurate AND get this admittedly cool mechanic? 

I'd rather give the single variants the ability to aim down the sights while giving the Akimbo this multi-tasking ability at the cost of some valuable range, allowing for a more balls-to-the-wall playstyle.