Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe In 4K

mrecentric

Now that Nvidia finally announced the 9 series I picked up a 970 and upgraded to a 4k display. While there are a boatload of UI glitches in Warframe at that resolution (too many to list, but at least it's usable), I have to say the actual gameplay is running surprisingly smoothly. I thought for sure I would have to turn down detail to get a decent framerate at 4k but I didn't have to change anything. Nice job DE and Nvidia.

The only place that it makes sense to me is for movies and videos. There are cameras that can do 4K and the video does look really good. But as far as graphics go, I don't see how that could make as much of a difference. Of course, I've been playing warframe on my laptop for about a year now. And I don't even know what the graphics are set to.

I dont get the 4k hype.

Call me for 10k and ill be impressed. But you guys do you. Just my bit of input.

And here I am thinking that the game is already frigging beautiful on my 1366*768.

By the way, assuming you're serious, what would be the point of a 10k screen? Unless the thing were the size of a TV screen and placed the same distance from you as a regular monitor, I think that even a 4k is already getting dangerously close to the average human's angular resolution limit. Anything significantly beyond that is just a waste of energy for a boost in video quality that's physically impossible for the average human eye to detect.

(No, I did not do the math. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. XD)

Edited by SortaRandom

Because it's not 4k. It's 3,8k (3.840 x 2.160) and the rest are marketing lies.

Everything with 3.840 x 2.160 is NOT 4k.

4k = 4096 x 2160 industry standard, consumer crap is sold as 3.840 x 2.160.

hey, if it works for harddrive manufacturers...

personally i'm far more interested in a full VR solution than i am with this tripe. (although increase in pixel density does help further that goal)

ima wait for the TI card to come out before i upgrade my cards

You might be disappointed then....it's not even clear if the 900 gets a Ti...that will only happen if the 980 sells like hotcakes...and it kind of doesn't as of now.

And personally Im more interested in a 950 Ti.

The 750 runs this game pretty well at 2560 x 1080P....I imagine the 950 Ti would be strong enough to use DSR on WF...which would make SMAA and FXAA obsolete (hell yea)

Edited by Shehriazad

I already find my own monitor with 1920x1080 a little excessive, it occupies half the table, not even the bulky old 640x480-monitors managed to steal that much space... I have a perfect FoV in most games and my eyes don't hurt.

It's gonna bring a new wave of "I got the newest s*** here, be envious" and then it becomes obsolete and dirt-cheap because the next big thing is out.

hey, if it works for harddrive manufacturers...

That's not lying, they use a 10bit system to count and label that clearly on their product.

You get exactly what you pay for.

Your pc uses 2bit but that's not the fault of the harddrive manufactures.

I already find my own monitor with 1920x1080 a little excessive, it occupies half the table

Then learn that resolution has NOTHING to do with size. Own fault if you buy a monitor that's too huge for you.

My smartphone has 1920*1080 and has 4,7''.

Edited by CommodoX

That's not lying, they use a 10bit system to count and label that clearly on their product.

You get exactly what you pay for.

Your pc uses 2bit but that's not the fault of the harddrive manufactures.

they also have what is known as "sector reallocation" which means that 3tb drive is much closer to 4.5+

but as long as we're splitting hairs...

I read this as warframe 40k, blood for the blood god!

That's not a mask on Lotus' head, that's a mutation that resulted from her exposure to the warp/void.

"You need to hack 3 termi...umm... never mind, just kill them all."

When I graduate from college approximately 2 years from now, I'll see better prices on these 4K monitors and consider jumping then, along with a beefy and updated desktop setup. Right now, my 670m is doing the job just fine on 1080p on many, many games.