Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Staffs, Polearms, Lances And Oh My!

CrimsonCannon

Since we already have a Khopesh topic, I've decided to make another one about the other kind of melee weapon I'd like to see: Double-bladed and "staff" weapons.

So far, this manifested into two principal ideas:

Sword-Staff

a.k.a Double-bladed Sword. We already have Bo, so why not? I imagine it as being somewhat slower, but longer-ranged version of regular swords that would allow to make full 360 attacks, making them idea for mob situations - Infested or Moa rush, for example. Not so much against armored targets.

Lance:

A "ranged" melee weapon meant to make powerful, precise attack that can break through riot shields, and generally does a lot of damage, and is good when keeping enemy at arms reach, but is not so good at dealing with multiple opponets immediately next to you. I also envision it having so sort of special "Dash" attack when sliding, a la Knight's charge.

Thoughts and suggestion anyone?

Sword-Staff

a.k.a Double-bladed Sword. We already have Bo, so why not? I imagine it as being somewhat slower, but longer-ranged version of regular swords that would allow to make full 360 attacks, making them idea for mob situations - Infested or Moa rush, for example. Not so much against armored targets.

Please, tell me you mean this... just please

1-5931.jpg

dragon_age_2__female_mage_hawke_staff_of

making_the_staff_of_parthalan_by_cosplay

If you do, then i completely MUST agree with you, if you don't i still agree, but more forced, since i really want more weapon choice.