Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ffp's Warframe Tier List

DiamondDong

So exactly what is this based on? Damage? Utility? CC? Which is it? Honestly though this list is vague at best. Did you also do an effective build with them? Trinity being last is definitely a red X right there, can't agree as she still useful at helping the team. Mag being D tier would be understandable, until you do a Corpus level. SP wrecks corpus and represent dmg/utility.  

Basically all frames belong in a certain niche. Valkyr is amazing at providing a buff in armor, and shredding enemy ranks when it comes to melee. Oberon is especially useful in Grineer/Infested environment, removing that pesky slash/toxic damage. As for Rhino though, he fits right by Excalibur as a jack of trades. 

Why does this thread exist?

Why are people replying to it?

Because were human, and tend to want to express one opinion on whether or not we agree/disagree. Especially when it involves one play style being looked down upon, and also due to a list that been going around this forum since I was a newbie forum user. 

Edited by cryotech9020

I've seen so many people cry and moan about Trinity being useless ever since God-Mode was taken away from her, and also people crying that Saryn is bad and terrible at everything, I'm almost tempted to get those two ladies for myself and prove people wrong.

No need for more proof, actually. The majority of players appreciate every experienced Trinity-player on their team, and Saryn was even played by [DE]Rebecca in the latest episode of 'Prime Time'.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

My list would go like that (no specific order and not all frames fit all tier-categories):

A = strong damage output/specifically strong CC/extreme survivability

Saryn, Banshee (A-), Ash (A-), Mirage, Loki, Nova, Ember, Nyx, Frost (A-), Valkyr

B = strong utility/strong support/situational dependance/not specifically strong on their own

Trinity (B+), Vauban (B+), Volt (B+), Hydroid, Mag (B+), Nekros, Oberon (B-), Zephyr

C = beginner-friendly/slightly more or very easy to play

Excalibur, Rhino

Exactly how I see it^^^

That's not bloody fun, this thread solely exists to &!$$ off poeple and create useless arguments.

The topics author wrote a list based on his own opinion, some readers wrote their own lists, others had a laugh, others argued or tried to. Relax. This is a forum, not a battlefield.

Hi.

After spending a decent amount of time playing as (and with) every warframe, I thought that it might be fun to create a warframe tier list based on my experiences running them as of the latest patch. Here's what I ended up with:

A Tier: Rhino, Valkyr

B+ Tier: Nova
B Tier: Frost, Nyx, Ember

C Tier: Ash, Loki, Vauban, Volt, Mirage, Zephyr, Hydroid

D+ Tier: Nekros
D Tier: Oberon, Mag, Excalibur, Banshee

F Tier: Saryn, Trinity

Feel free to yell/flame/agree.

I wish you added reasons for each?

not really sure why I am feeding this post, as I disagree pretty strongly with it but..

*cackles manically*

In your order...

A Tier:

Rhino - I agree at under level 15, Above level 15 most other warframes outperform him, and he becomes more of a weak Buffbot with a reasonable control skill, and a Weak reduction. this is a good frame for low ranked players, or an alternative to a Dedicated Control frame

Valkyr - high armor and the ability to go immune, makes her Tough, but unimpressive damage and no real combat skills make her weaker than other frames, and not very flexable

B+ Tier: Nova - I would move Nova up, since Double damage and choice of Pinning a target so badly it becomes nonthreatening or making things run fast for more XP is pretty strong, Add to that one of the biggest damaging skills of the game Antimatter drop and nothing really beats Novas damage. adding the final touches one of the best mobility skills

B Tier:
Frost - Snow globe and unimpressive AOE skills make this a bit of a 1 trick pony, with changes to snow-globe making this less viable at higher levels I would drop this frame alot.

Nyx - Absorb nerf perhaps makes her weaker than she was, but yea, Chaos and Absorb make her a powerful frame.

Ember - In my opinion one of the weakest frames in game, with Poor AOE that quickly scales out, limited control and dependency on Accelerate for damage.

C Tier: Ash - Strongest direct damage AOE in the game????  and stealth? and you rank it as c?
Loki - one of the best control skills in the game, and stealth?

Vauban- Best Control frame for Infested, and decent control frame, this deserves more

Volt - the best of the static damage nukers, with a stun and great utility from shield and speed

Mirage - MASSIVE weapon damage, combined with amazing survivability make this a top end frame.

Zephyr - Decent tank frame with reasonable control and good mobility, way better than say... Ember!

Hydroid - I sort of agree, a poor version of Vauban, but again a strong control frame.

D+ Tier: Nekros - you don't like 90% more loot in a game that's all about farming? Often a Required frame (survival)

D Tier: Oberon - I agree, he is S#&$, but I have yet to play him after the last patch so I am Bias.

Mag - Why would you put mag down here? her 2 literally CLEARS THE MAP at any level vs Corpus, and she has very strong utility and Control

Excalibur - Radial blind is good control, but I tend to agree Excal is not that strong.

Banshee - Amazing for Interception missions as you can simply go AFK in the middle with 4 running and Solo waves, also a great damage boosting frame for higher level content.

F Tier: Saryn - not as bad as Ember but, Saryn only really deals damage, Beats ember because of the 4 second stun, and ability to spam and stack 4

Trinity - not sure how you can put this here unless you haven't played her, Limitless energy, Huge tank potential, and team damage reduction/healing, You can use this instead of Valkyr and also benefit your team!

aaah
Edited by Tatersail

Oberon's buff put him quite a bit higher than some people give him credit for. I admit that he's probably not A-tier (if tiers even really worked in Warframe) but he's at least in the upper half, especially for solo play. Self-heal, solid crowd-control, and situational CC immunity are very, very powerful. His team-healing is generally inferior to Trinity's due to the travel time, but can be modded to be more constant than reactionary like Trinity's Blessing is. He also has better health and armor, which are especially important for a 'frame that's going to be healing itself anyways. Trinity is also placed far below where she should be. Her nerfs have not made her completely unplayable or even slightly weak, just more balanced than complete team invulnerability. I agree that her other abilities could use tweaking, but as a whole Trinity is very good.

On another note, I actually agree that Rhino is a top-tier 'frame. He has powerful utility in early-game material, but I find that his utility in late-game is extremely underestimated. Stomp is a very solid crowd-control ability, while Roar is a great team damage buff that can double your whole team's output. The only abilities that compare to his damage buff are Nova's enemy debuff (which also slows enemies to a crawl and deals explosion damage upon death) and Banshee's situational damage buff (which really doesn't work if you aren't dealing with precise weapons).

Rhino is a 'frame that's useful for both early-game and end-game material, but he is marred by stereotypes and players that overly rely on Iron Skin to carry them through the game. That, however, does not make him even slightly bad.

First lists are ridiculous, a warframe is only as good as his player. Second you are clearly using your warframes wrong. Sure Rhino and Valkyr are tier A, they can take huge amounts of punishment, and then deal some. Ember without overheat is squishy as hell, so you shouldnt put her there (I'd like to point out that i love ember), Ash can clear an entire room of lifeforms and has more armor and health, he can also go invisible, same for loki only change the "kill everyone in the room" button for a "no guns" button. Mirage has absurd troll skills, she is fast and has a good CC that deals damage.

Vauban is THE warframe you take to ODD, hell you can solo with him, he can hold entire waves of infested with his Vortex, or close areas with Bastille. Vauban is to infested defense what Frost is to Void defense.

Im not a big fan of Volt, but his ulti is brutal agains corpus, and he can buff the speed of an entire squad. But you put him above Mag, the best frame for killing corpus. 

IMO Excal is better than Nekros (only the 3rd and 4th skills are useful in nek)

And you put Saryn and Trinity in the last tier? I havent played much with Saryn, but i know she can deal a ton of punishment. And Trin can keep an etire squad alive much better than Oberon.

Sorry if i sound too scathing, but like i said before a warframe is only as good as the player, thus its pointless to say which one is better than the others.