Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ffp's Warframe Tier List

DiamondDong

Placing Hydroid in Low B and Banshee in solid D is absurd.

My take on WF tiers:

A

Vauban - Can disable entire rooms with Loki. Gives Infested the middle finger with proper positioning.

Loki - Can disable entire rooms with Vauban. Also makes that dodging thing a lot easier when enemies aren't shooting at you. Can activate Life Support and pick up air capsules without aggroing enemies onto himself.

Nova - AoE snare/slow + damage buff from M.Prime and scaling damage if you pump tons of damage into an Antimatter Drop (this seems to be broken right now since AMD's damage has a cap).

Nekros - Rerolls the dice on drops. Nabs you and your team extra life support and loot. boring

Trinity - Healz and infinite energy. No other frame offers reliable teamwide damage resist.

Frost - Four-second invulnerability on pod/excavator. Can loop globes for as long as he has energy. Just watch out for grenades.

B

Nyx - Massive AoE confuse disable. Haven't tried Absorb since it got nerfed, so I don't know if you can still reach insane damage with it. If so, probably A tier.

Banshee - Three different types of CC and a 1000%+ damage multiplier. Probably the most balanced/fair frame in the game next to Volt. All of her abilities are useful but none of them break the game anymore. Sonar comes close, but you have to use aiming skill to make the most of that damage bonus.

Mag - Large AoE scaling nuke + CC disable in Pull. Corpus/Void only. Low C tier if used in Grineer/Infested.

Volt - Can speed up missions or the way to the next air supply/exit with Speed, cheap and reliable stun CC with Shock, decent protection with Shield. Speed also boosts copter distance and makes dodging enemy fire/avoiding knockdowns and large crowds easier.

Mirage - Lots of potential raw damage + an unwieldy blind disable.

Valkyr -  Can go invincible to rez teammates/hit the life support. Can facetank enemies longer than other frames with a Life Strike + Warcry combo, but will eventually start going down as enemies become too powerful.

Rhino - Good damage boost in Roar. Decent-ish CC in Stomp. Iron Skin breaks low-level gameplay.

Excalibur - Large AoE blind. We'll see how he fares after his Radial Blind is reworked.

C

Ash - High damage ult and can go invisible to do the same things Loki can do while invisible, only for a much shorter period of time. Ult also stuns enemies that are being stabbed.

Saryn - Can force Viral proc with Venom, but its ability to debuff crowds is iffy because of how the Venom spores work. Miasma provides a short stun and can be spammed for high damage. Molt acts as a decent distraction, but can also fail to peel enemies for whatever reason. Miasma is also arguably the game's best rushing mission nuke, since it is fast and deals all of its damage up front.

Ember - Very high potential fire damage against Corpus/Infested. Accelerant provides a short CC stagger effect. Not so good against armored enemies unless you are running x4 Corrosive Projection (which you should be). Maybe she can be placed higher in that case?

Oberon - Less reliable heal than Trinity. Can remove debuffs from teammates. I'm honestly not sure how well Reckoning works in crisis situations after its buff when compared to Chaos. So maybe he has the potential to move up? EDIT: I made this list right when Oberon was buffed and I think he's definitely higher than this, but where in B tier I'd put him, I'm not sure.

Zephyr - Can zip around the map to hit the air or revive people or knock things down with jump attacks. Good survivability. Tornadoes prevent teammates from reliably hurting trapped enemies, and even then, it doesn't suck in enemies reliably. Only use in dire situations.

Hydroid - Undertow is a terrible griefing ability that slows down the kill rate. Don't use it unless you need to recharge shields or wait out a DoT. Tentacles does good damage, but after it stops killing things, it becomes a nuisance because it prevents teammates from landing clear shots on trapped enemies.

In the end, use who you want. Tier lists are meant to be general comparative guidelines between characters. They are not destiny. But if you're planning on going for the long haul in an endless mission, don't act confused when the team wants someone with AoE disables and you bring Hydroid instead of Vauban or Nyx.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Guest Tehnoobshow

The True Tier List

God Tier: (Praise the Holy Trinity of the RNGesus, the Nekros, and the Holy Dice Roll)

Nekros

Tier 1: (Top Tier)

Banshee

Volt

Tier 2:

Hydroid

Mag

Saryn

Zephyr

Tier 3:

Ember

Frost

Excalibur

Trinity

Oberon

Tier 4: (Scrub Tier)

Ash

Loki

Mirage

Nova

Nyx

Rhino

Valkyr

Vauban

Anyone who disagrees is a scrub and/or filthy casual

#Opinions

Hi.

After spending a decent amount of time playing as (and with) every warframe, I thought that it might be fun to create a warframe tier list based on my experiences running them as of the latest patch. Here's what I ended up with:

A Tier: Rhino, Valkyr

B+ Tier: Nova
B Tier: Frost, Nyx, Ember

C Tier: Ash, Loki, Vauban, Volt, Mirage, Zephyr, Hydroid

D+ Tier: Nekros
D Tier: Oberon, Mag, Excalibur, Banshee

F Tier: Saryn, Trinity

Feel free to yell/flame/agree.

Wrong

Absolutely wrong

Nova should be S easily along with trinity and nyx

Rhino is A at the very best and so is Valkyr

The only ones youre probably close on are ember and frost

The rest is entirely wrong

The True Tier List

God Tier: (Praise the Holy Trinity of the RNGesus, the Nekros, and the Holy Dice Roll)

Nekros

Tier 1: (Top Tier)

Banshee

Volt

Tier 2:

Hydroid

Mag

Saryn

Zephyr

Tier 3:

Ember

Frost

Excalibur

Trinity

Oberon

Tier 4: (Scrub Tier)

Ash

Loki

Mirage

Nova

Nyx

Rhino

Valkyr

Vauban

Anyone who disagrees is a scrub and/or filthy casual

#Opinions

Only a troll would say that. 

Nekros is only good as long as someone else is covering him. I like Nekros but you dont take it tanking, and his CC is terrible.

I see you are also placing some of the best frames in the last tier.

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

Also this list is objectively bad, sorry. Trinity is by far and large one of the best frames in the game due to giving her team unlimited energy, having a constant 80% damage reduction on herself and healing her entire team at the push of a button. Idk what game you're playing where she's useless.

Edited by fortris

I think the only way to create a meaningful tier list of the warframes, would be to create a bracket for each mission type.

For example:

Survival Bracket

Required Tier

Nekros

Highly Recommended Tier

Loki

Mag (Corpus)

Nyx

Trinity

Recommended Tier

Excalibur (pre-nerf)

Mag (Void)

Mirage

Nova

Rhino

Vauban (vs. Infested OR with Loki)

Valkyr

Not Recommended Tier

Ash

Banshee

Frost

Oberon

Saryn

Vauban (Without Loki)

Volt

Dead Weight Tier

Ember

Excalibur (post-nerf)

Hydroid

Mag (vs. Grineer or Infested)

Zephyr

i = situational; listed multiple times.

Frames listed in alphabetical order.

Edited by Yirktos

A Tier: Rhino, Valkyr

B+ Tier: Nova
B Tier: Frost, Nyx, Ember

C Tier: Ash, Loki, Vauban, Volt, Mirage, Zephyr, Hydroid

D+ Tier: Nekros
D Tier: Oberon, Mag, Excalibur, Banshee

F Tier: Saryn, Trinity

Of the frames I've played:

A: Valkyr

B: Nyx, Rhino, (Mag against Corpus)

B-: Saryn, Ash, Zephyr

C: Mirage, Volt

C-: Vauban (though I'm still leveling him), Frost

D: Excalibur, (Mag against non-Corpus)

F: Ember

lol @ judging a frame based on unintended changes that will be part of a larger rework

Oh yeah, I'm totally wrong for judging Excalibur based on his only useful feature. Even if the radial blind nerf turns out to not be as bad as the leaked version, it will still drop Excalibur towards the territory of being utterly useless.

Oh yeah, I'm totally wrong for judging Excalibur based on his only useful feature. Even if the radial blind nerf turns out to not be as bad as the leaked version, it will still drop Excalibur towards the territory of being utterly useless.

"larger rework"

Did you see that part? No?

If they were just doing radial blind and not touching any of his other abilities, I'd probably agree with you. But they're not so I don't. 

i'm surprised Trinity would reside in your lowest Tier, when literally infinite Energy and an effective Tank are very good uses for a squad.

i also couldn't agree with Saryn in that Tier, but that's a different story and wouldn't be objective so i won't go there.

have you seen a pro saryn

a 'pro' Saryn doesn't need Miasma as a crutch.

there. i said it. no regrets.

"larger rework"

Did you see that part? No?

If they were just doing radial blind and not touching any of his other abilities, I'd probably agree with you. But they're not so I don't. 

I've not heard anything about a 'larger rework' from DE, only from the community.

What criteria are you basing this on? All of the Warframes are better at different things.

Nekros is best at (or at least best for farming) survival... I'm not going to list what they're all best at, that's a waste of time.

I guess my point is that you should say how you're determining the order of your tier list.

As soon as I've seen Trinity at the last tier and Rhino at the First I just refused to continue read this thing.

Trinity. On the last tier. For real.

I just don't want to see what have you wrote about the other Warframes just beacause from these 2 ranking I've already recognized what kind of player I have in front. But really. Trinity last tier. Oh well. GL with your Rhino on a void survival when you're gonna meet Lv. 65 Corrupted that are gonna laugh so hard when they're gonna se your nice Iron Sandpaper on your Warframe.

Update: I've seen Mag at the tier before the last, just one word: Shield Polarize.

I've gotta say, this list isn't really accurate - unless you were rating the warframes on how easy they are for beginners to use.

Warframes like Loki, Ash, Vauban, Volt, Oberon, Saryn, Trinity, and Nekros require more skill to use than say Rhino. However, these warframes (excluding Saryn for the most part) take advantage of very tactical abilities that are really good in a variety of situations, but lack easy execution (IE: press button to win).

For example:

Ash/Loki: pretty much all of their abilities. Ash takes a more offensive approach, while Loki is pure utility, but they both take advantage of the "space ninja" in warframe. Their abilities give them an upper hand, and remain useful no matter what level then enemies are.

Oberon/Trinity: They're healers! If you don't have at least 1 of these 2 in your party you're not very likely to last long. They require skill, awareness, and quick thinking to use, but they're both very good.

Nekros: Desecrate + soul army = good support frame.

Saryn: She has definitely seen better days, but her overall above average physical attributes make her a good pick if you like gun/melee combat. Molt - when used correctly - gives you a huge advantage over your enemies, and allies.

Vauban: Has 8 nipples.

Volt: My favorite warframe, with amazing ability synergy. His 3 most useful skills; shield being hands down his best, and a tie between overload and speed (depending on your play style) work well together, and allow minor CC, the ability to tank, deals decent damage, and makes the combat of not just him, but his entire group more efficient, and effective. Even his least useful skill, shock, has enough CC to be useful in end game, and can be cast on the go. Most people say Volt isn't good enough for end game. Most people play Volt wrong.