Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Feel About Trinity Now?

kirean3464

Ok trinity always seem's like a mixed review with people some scream for nerf's some scream for buffs so the purpose of this thread is to see how people feel about her suggest fixes changes and then frankly leave her the hell alone because she is getting so smacked around the room these days i am pretty much afraid to put another forma on her despite her deserving one so much. so lets get down to it,

my first point is i have not gotten to play in over a month so I am not sure how making it possible to spam blessing even though there is a health cut to it is working out. but mine is fit for maximum strength to energy vamp and spot heals because i felt that was the most viable way to keep her in high waves,

ok so ill do this in bullet point form to make it easier to read,

1) trinity to me does not feel like a healer frame any more just a walking battery which is fun in its own right but she should be a healer.

2) well of life bar that one silly combo has no use, i think making the enemy get a huge defense buff was the wrong way to go, and the heal ticks could either be higher or faster or at least have a little more range,

3) mods directly contradict themselves on her if you fit for maximum duration you were stuck between casts if you fit for min you took away from link (again have NOT got to play since blessing became spam-able and i do not know if that counts for the other ability's either.

4) trinity is a great frame, but i feel she has no niche right now at least not like she used to, i am going to compare her to frost, it used to be frost was needed for defense missions, now you rarely see on, same goes for trinity now.

by the time you actually need her heals, there is only a couple of waves before the dps is to much and the heals become meaningless.

5) this may not even be a point, its just a pet peeve i usually find with these discussions strapping on quick thinking etc and shooting yourself in the foot is NOT an acceptable way to play trinity just to get the maximum out of damage reduction, in no other game have i played a healer that has to be into bdsm to do the most for there team.

so the floor is open to viable changes and suggestions, please keep this sensible no stupid tear drinking pictures needed, or "get gud" statements. and yes i am aware she is great for solo running but shes a team support frame so that point is moot.

i think she is ok now but she needs a little more work to become viable again so what are your opinions.

tldr trinity is nice now but id like to see some reworks to get her back to being the goddess of healing rather than the Duracell bunny with a lobster outfit.

She is currently OP and will most likely be nerfed again.  She is also a lot more cookie cutter now.

She was more balanced two changes back.

i am not seeing how she is op, ok i have not played since she got the blessing spam back ill totally admit that but what on earth is making her so op that she needs to be nerfed yet again? her heals would still bottom out high wave i mean surely the damage reduction cant mean that much there even if she can recast, would she not just get worn down a wave or two later when the dps goes to high? how is she a cookie cutter now are people back to spamming explosives off link again?

She's not OP. Besides Blessing, she never WERE OP, and seeing how blessing is now somewhat reasonable...

Still, I think she needs to have another rework. I could see blessing becoming an emergency heal with actual cooldown, and WoL being reworked to just be a really cheap (10 energy) AoE heal that (if trin's about 50%) heals, say, 50+10% of trins' max health over time, substracting said 10% from trin (but healing it back rapidly). I could also see synergy with link in her abilities (as in, casting WoL damages linked enemies and adds that damage to heal amount, and casting EV on a linked enemy spreads the stagger).

Link could use to become toggle, too. Although I see how it being a cast ability contributes to skill required to play her in places where enemies actually can kill you.

And yeah, seeing how EV doesn't need the WoL combo to be useable, WoL has to be reworked either way.

Edited by GTG3000

i am not seeing how she is op, ok i have not played since she got the blessing spam back ill totally admit that but what on earth is making her so op that she needs to be nerfed yet again?

She can:

-keep everyone at full energy

-she can spam heals back to back

-she can keep her team at over 99% damage reduction

-link + 99.9% DR + self-damage + rage +QT = constant near-99% team DR plus massive damage to enemies.

how does she keep her team at over 99.9 percent damage reduction its based off the amount of heals you give your other team even if you are spamming against your own foot you would get those numbers maby once then after that its down hill those numbers make no sense to me

edit and your still spamming explosives off your foot for damage reduction which is silly

Edited by kirean3464

how does she keep her team at over 99.9 percent damage reduction its based off the amount of heals you give your other team even if you are spamming against your own foot you would get those numbers maby once then after that its down hill those numbers make no sense to me

Blessing's DR is based on the percentage of health you restore. The largest percentage healed is applied to the entire team.

So . . . You blow yourself up on purpose.  Rage + Quick Thinking keeps you at 2 hp.  You use blessing, and your percentage of health restoration is turning into DR and applied to the entire team. Then you blow yourself up again as soon as you need to and simply repeat the process. 

Energy Vampire, energy restores, Energy Spihon, and Rage ensure that you are never going to run out of energy so you can repeat this ad nauseam.

Blessing's DR is based on the percentage of health you restore. The largest percentage healed is applied to the entire team.

So . . . You blow yourself up on purpose.  Rage + Quick Thinking keeps you at 2 hp.  You use blessing, and your percentage of health restoration is turning into DR and applied to the entire team. Then you blow yourself up again as soon as you need to and simply repeat the process. 

Energy Vampire, energy restores, Energy Spihon, and Rage ensure that you are never going to run out of energy so you can repeat this ad nauseam.

so in other words your relying on the same old trinity fit, and one mod to keep you alive and hope it doesnt let you down umm ya no i personally refuse to play like that, its cheap its not reliable and this does not merit nerfing to me, thats all anyone has ever done with trinity and then complained about it, omg im so skills watch me shoot myself in the foot i mean i toyed it with once in conclave for a laugh but thats about it