Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Am I Missing?

Kelaziel

Question

I played Warframe on Ps4 (almost completely solo due to terrible internet) and just started over on my new PC.  Now that I have a good internet connection I have begun to play Online with folks, and while I am enjoying the game alot, I am confused when it comes to online grouping.

What I am trying to figure out is why it seems like when I play Online the game turns into a foot race.  People just seem to run as fast as possible past all the NPC's to get to the end of the stage we are on.  I am not understanding the benefits of doing this I guess is my problem.  By fighting with the NPC's I gain money, mods, crafting materials, and well...fun.  By just sprinting to the end I gain, what?  A small completion bonus of credits is about all I can tell. Is that worth skipping over the game?  So what am I missing? Can someone explain the benefits of this to me, because I am at a loss.

Please don't misunderstand I not saying this shouldn't be done (I don't mind it and I can always play solo if I don't care for it) I am just confused as to the reasoning behind it. 

23 answers to this question

Someone told me that it's a quantity over quality situation.  The faster you finish one mission, the faster you can move on to the next, the faster you get the end of mission bonus.  

The math does work, they do make more faster but, they also miss out on a lot of the stunning art work this game has to offer.

Edited by Noamuth

I've been wondering this myself. When u rush to the end u possibly miss out on PHAT LOOTZ. I can understand rushing through on Exterminates and Invasions (Which are technically exterminates) but everything else there are technically endless mobs that spawn.

I'm at a loss about this too.  this is the reason i avoid public unless it is for:

A: Events.

B: Alerts/Infestations I really dont want to do

C: Boss runs.

Every other time I either stick with solo or friends.  It destroys the fun if all you do is speedrun stuff, so i generally avoid those who feel it is a neccesity.

Because 98% of missions are a waste of time due to the other 2% being vastly better options. For most missions, it's best to complete them as fast as possible and move on. This is especially true of voids when having to run many, many missions in order to get the drop at the end that you desire.

killing every single enemy is not an efficient way of getting credits and resources, and experienced players focus on good farming spots when they need something in particular, because it is easier to get resources if you have a plan, instead of just killing every single enemy of a random mission, in my personal experience, when i play in public games i go with the flow of the group, and when i have a particular goal i do it alone, that way people don't ruin my plan and i don't ruin people's fun, although for me, playing efficiently is fun.

Edit: typos

Edited by Orbister

I've been wondering this myself. When u rush to the end u possibly miss out on PHAT LOOTZ. I can understand rushing through on Exterminates and Invasions (Which are technically exterminates) but everything else there are technically endless mobs that spawn.

You don't get "PHAT LOOTZ" just by chance on random missions, if you know the game you go and hunt your "PHAT LOOTZ" at the right place whenever you feel like doing so.

Someone told me that it's a quantity over quality situation.  The faster you finish one mission, the faster you can move on to the next, the faster you get the end of mission bonus.  

The math does work, they do make more faster but, they also miss out on a lot of the stunning art work this game has to offer.

Most of us know Warframe's art like the back of our hands, i do take my time in new tilesets and events, i usually run all new content on my own to explore and enjoy, but "routine" missions... i already know them completely.

Most of us know Warframe's art like the back of our hands, i do take my time in new tilesets and events, i usually run all new content on my own to explore and enjoy, but "routine" missions... i already know them completely.

So go solo or stop teaming with low MR players who do want to take the time to learn the scenery.  If you can rush through a mission, effectively soloing it, why go into a public match?  "I've seen it already" seems like a poor excuse to run through a tile set and force other players to your play style and preference. 

From what I've seen, the biggest complaint is that low MR players are getting rushed through missions and then harassed if they don't fall in line and speed up.  And it's not even exclusivley low MR.  I'm MR 15 and I still like taking my time and looking at things and, I do go solo for those things because I don't want to hinder other players with my sightseeing. 

I did some testing a bit ago with experience.

---------- EXP Gains (Standard Grineer Lancer)
------------------------------------
Level: EXP
1: 55
4: 64
10: 72
11: 73
12: 74
13: 75
16: 78
25: 85
26: 86

A level 26 enemy doesn't even give double the EXP of a level 1.

... so yeah, for EXP it's all about quantity, and most normal missions do not have anything special.

The reason people rush missions is because they set a focus on achieving a goal. There are a lot of missions in warframe that are not beneficial at all while there are missions that are very beneficial. If you want to get experience, mods and ressources go with survival, defense or interception because there is a scaling. Exterminate, Asassination and Capture have no scaling at all. You rush them till the end. 

I usually rush. I admit

But! I dont force people to rush as well. Since I rush to loot and secret spots, and in gate crash I rushed to get to caches so we could be done with the mission as fast as we could, and not be stuck looking for the caches after finishing the bosses

it's a N / time thing. people want to get everything faster, because the shiny carrot is all that they're interested in. the journey is not interesting to them. for some reason.

which is odd since the journey to a goal is how the goal gets interesting.

an epic fight to get to your goal is far more interesting and rewarding than it just falling from the sky.

but feel free to take Missions slower if you'd like. you'll probably enjoy yourself more, and maybe stick around long enough to start to wonder how you stuck around as long as some of us have.

in fact, the other day, i spent like, 20 minutes to complete a Capture Mission. i found some new Tiles i hadn't known existed, and i was 'grinding' Elite Crewman anyways, so the more i let Enemies spawn for more Elite Crewman, the more useful the Mission would have been.

i also had some stuff to Level, so things worked out. 

long story short, play the game how you want to play it, don't let people make you think you need to play it like Sonic.

though chances are as you become more familliar with traversing Tiles and Character controls and the Enemies and whatnot, you'll just pick up a naturally faster pace.

i know i've done that, over time i've found that my movement pace during Missions is... like i'm speedrunning to some other people, but i'm just playing 'casually' actually, blending movement smoothly together and enjoying myself. but all those little tidbits and shortcuts that myself and everyone picks up over time, just automatically makes you a lot 'faster'. so you can still be with the rest of the Players in PuG's, but be playing in an exploratory manner anyways.

the best answer to this 'issue' IMO, is for people with naturally faster paces to just wait before starting Objectives or passing Elevators or whatnot. take a break and wait for the rest of the Players to regroup. i usually take such times to check Forums or other such things.

and as always, if you want to play in extreme slow mode, super Sanic mode, or anything else that's extremely out of the ordinary and very inconvenient for the usual player, the answer is always to play Solo.

this applies equally to everyone. if you want to spend 30 minutes to complete a Capture Mission, play Solo. if you want to speedrun, play Solo. if you want to try and break the map all over the place and not do the actual Mission, play Solo. if you only want to jump into a map to test something for a second, play Solo.

And as for resources, people that have played long enough don't need any of them.

I like to take the time to break everything when I run on a planet that has Neurodes, Neural Sensors, Orokin Cells, etc. but many will argue that it's a waste of time. So I go solo on those missions.

Time having fun is not wasted.

This explains why I can never seem to get anyone to join me in low-level Exterminate missions, thanks.  =)

I'm new and also on PC, and I'm interested in actually, you know, SEEING the levels, so feel free to add me the next time you're in-game. I, too, have noticed the "foot race" effect in public matches and often feel very rushed, so 'd be happy to take it slow, gather loot, and actually learn how to play.

--Matt aka ImagoX 

It took me a while to get the faster moving tricks down so berating new people for being slower than your potatoed frame with +200% runspeed and specific melee weapon for going faster still is not helpful.   It costs you a whopping 60 sec tops if someone lags behind -- hardly worth being a jerk about a few seconds.   I still don't know all the levels perfectly and when the target dot on the map decides you should go forward, no go back, no go forward, no go back.... I can get behind looking for the path at times.

And now that I understand how to go fast, I generally prefer not to.  I am not going to stop for every single loot cabinet but its not fun for me to run past all the enemy and loot at warp 9 over and over and over again.  If I see an enemy, I am gonna kill it.  And if it drops something useful, I am gonna run over the  top of it.   I can make an exception for the 5x farming run alerts, but I am about done rushing the standard content.  

That said maybe we need a slowpoke alliance or something where people who want to actually play the game, rather than farm it, can do so.   Just reading here, about half the players seem to prefer to lower the pace a bit.   Ideally players should be able to somehow group with people who like a similar pace ...

Edited by jonnin

So go solo or stop teaming with low MR players who do want to take the time to learn the scenery.  If you can rush through a mission, effectively soloing it, why go into a public match?  "I've seen it already" seems like a poor excuse to run through a tile set and force other players to your play style and preference. 

From what I've seen, the biggest complaint is that low MR players are getting rushed through missions and then harassed if they don't fall in line and speed up.  And it's not even exclusivley low MR.  I'm MR 15 and I still like taking my time and looking at things and, I do go solo for those things because I don't want to hinder other players with my sightseeing. 

yeap, if u had read, you would have seen that i do exactly that... when i play in pubs i go with the flow of it, when i want to go at my own pace i play solo.

yeap, if u had read, you would have seen that i do exactly that... when i play in pubs i go with the flow of it, when i want to go at my own pace i play solo.

I did read that. However, part of your response came across as a justification for rushing was "I've seen this already" and that's what I was responding to.