Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need Warframe Servers :(

Demonius88

I'm still in favor of DE tweaking the parameters that determine whos hosting.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
I often get really crappy hosts with horrible lag, that sometimes renders me immortal, because every enemy is shooting where I was a few seconds ago.

Whenever I know that I'm host, I ask people if they have lag, and they rarely do.
I'm running a 5+ years old computer that never was top of the line, but I have a decent internet connection (100/10), so to me it seems like there is a potential to get rid of most of the laggy hosts.

Serwer, serwer. And what if serwer go down or something else would happen then what?

Now if you have lag you just quit and hind another host or host game yourself.

And if server would have problem and start lagin? It's end. And the only thing you can do is w8 for fix.

So there are also disadvantages, do not forget about it.

PS i'm sory for my bad Eng.

Having Game servers means you can have large numbers of AI and Players in the same session. The fact that at this point, my game experience  depends on how good/bad someone's PC is, doesn't work for me. A lot of online games invest in servers. Look at Dayz Standalone, it's still in alpha but it has servers even in South Africa (where I stay). So really.. Warframe will have to step it up!

I have to agree, I love this game but after the last few updates, I have been lagging so badly, and I know what you're thinking "Well then it's just your crappy connection!"

FALSE

I've gone through my router and modem both are brand new and 100% in the green, i load up other games and my speeds soar. I load up warframe and everything lags unless i play solo. Hell, I even went so far as to call my ISP out to check the wiring in my house to see if there was any issues. None. Then I turned off the wireless and hardlined into my modem to cut out the possibility of my wireless receiver sucking. Absolutely 0 Improvement.

DE, it's 2014 not far off from 2015. It's time for servers, and IMO. Player hosted games are a thing (an annoyance) of the past.

You're better than this.

We Said

I have to agree, I love this game but after the last few updates, I have been lagging so badly, and I know what you're thinking "Well then it's just your crappy connection!"

FALSE

I've gone through my router and modem both are brand new and 100% in the green, i load up other games and my speeds soar. I load up warframe and everything lags unless i play solo. Hell, I even went so far as to call my ISP out to check the wiring in my house to see if there was any issues. None. Then I turned off the wireless and hardlined into my modem to cut out the possibility of my wireless receiver sucking. Absolutely 0 Improvement.

DE, it's 2014 not far off from 2015. It's time for servers, and IMO. Player hosted games are a thing (an annoyance) of the past.

You're better than this.

Well Said

it's gone too far for servers now, the cost is far too high. I understand how they couldn't implement them from the start, the costs are huge and the only other example above, DayZ, is coming off the back or Arma etc. it was easier for them, but it's restricted the growth of the game.

maybe one day, after they've raped all the plat they can from us all dealing with the broken Kubrow mechanic, they'll have enough $ to migrate to servers, but I don't think it's likely.

FALSE

You're better than this.

If your latency had 0 reduction, then you have a problem for sure. The wireless jump is bound to add a bit latency. You are supposed to shed off between 5 and 30 ms when removing wireless from your game. 

Saying your infrastructure has 'no problems' gives very little of the picture. How fast are your upload and download speeds? How many users are there? Do you stream, orother people in the house stream?

Torrents and Netflix can destroy your latency even on a 10Mbps+ connection. Even good brand routers can have faulty or nonexistent QoS. Sometimes you're better off with QoS turned off than on because of a faulty implementation. 

Some other routers (stay away from DLINK) have a very low limit on simultaneous open connections. When you start something like a bittorrent client, you saturate the hardware and boom. Internet sucks. 

I connections was disconected 6 times in a row yesturday i fell throu the floor and couldn`t revive into the map but it still took my revives then after sitting there for about 10 mins watching the other players i lost connection to servers and recived nothing for my efforts. This is really iritating, also loss of connection long enough to be left in a game alone at round 20 when it is impossible to survive alone. Please try to find some way to fix this problem. Although i know with as many ppl playing at one time it puts a stain on the server to keep up.

Yes and No.

Yes for a server for *future* bigger missions or events...

No for... local internet issues... not every country have good internet and not every server host is good enough to handle without lagging others.

I prefer hopping to other host-players on game sessions.

I could even play SOLO mode with S#&$ internet speed atm... it's not really good but the game didn't put a internet barrier around it.

+1

Yes servers would be amazing. I don't know if it's possible (financially). It would get rid of all the "Failed to join session" problems, and allow us to have more than 4 people per map.

edit: I realize though that for a game like this, that is global networking is a huge headache and they'll need to host multiple servers in different regions :(.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

tell it to all the F2P mmo's out there...

Those mmos have premium accounts which unlock features regular accounts should already have, they tell you everywhere that if you don't pay you're a scrub and generally much more agressive pay models also a lot of them are already dead because of the maintenance costs, would you like stuff like that in WF?

It will likely be difficult for DE and take development time but its something warframe desperately needs for things like Dark Sector conflict. In that mode people on both sides of the conflict need to count on the idea that in clan based PvP one side won't exploit the ability to quit when things go sour.

I cannot say I have enjoyed DSpvp a single bit mostly due to connectivity issues. It is the one area of the game where you NEED an impartial host.

You get that their is a system the DE is working on that makes the person with the best internet always host... The fact that you get laggy matches is just because all your teammates have horrible internet....

The system isn't perfect, and i don't know if it works for void matches. Though the system does exist....

I am pretty sure it was implement in 14.5

Edited by Feallike

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea getting servers, if they cared enough to help us. I say it is time for DE to cough up and get servers rather than taking our internet to compensate for what they don't want to pay for. To the jerks that say our internet is bad, I can get up to 50 Mb a second.

I would LOVE dedicated hosting servers... sadly those cost a lot of money.  Until we can get those the matchup and host choosing system needs some work for sure;  if nothing else a toggleable opt out option for hosting.

Edit: in response to some of the above posts saying we get bad hosts solely because everyone has bad internet.

Here's me- bad internet, here's my buddy- not so great internet, here's my other buddy- acceptable internet.

Let's say I invite them all to a squad, the host migration system sees nothing wrong with my internet so it allows me to continue hosting;  if we all join guy number 3's game he stays host and the lag is perfectly acceptable, hardly noticeable.  Yet for some reason the host migration system didn't pick his internet over mine when I started the squad, that's a problem in my opinion.

Edited by Xeo_Nespydonum

• 2 weeks later...

Another Problem That I've encountered is that I can only join missions that already have players in them simply because I can not host, I have a 1 mb/s line and I stay in South Africa (Ping 200ms+ to Europe). SO if I start a mission by myself, when other people join me, I would become the Host! and people will Lag!