Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Buff The Braton Prime

XxMLGhaxProxX

What makes it special is the fact that nothing makes it special.

True!

I still fail to understand why DE thinks Boltor Prime is so special. It got double the damage compared to original Boltor and on top of that, an increase to its firing rate as well.

True!

I still fail to understand why DE thinks Boltor Prime is so special. It got double the damage compared to original Boltor and on top of that, an increase to its firing rate as well.

Also I think I remember the Boltor bolts having an arc trajectory while Boltor Prime bolts are compeltely unaffected by gravity until they possibly pass through something.

But yes, Buff Braton Prime Please.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

Just give it like 5 more damage and/or and extra polarity....right now there is almost nothing special about it compared to the vandal or vannila braton.

Emphasis mine.  Braton Prime doesn't need to be special compared to the Vandal.  The two are comparable weapons, balanced very well against each other, similar without being exactly the same.

If you want to see the Braton Prime buffed compared to other weapons in general then I'd agree, but the Vandal ought to receive an equal buff to maintain balance between the two weapons.

An extra polarity slot would be enough of a buff?  

Someone no longer gets to talk about what is or isn't balance.

2 more impact damage.  3 more slash.  2% more critical chance, and bump the critical multiplier up to 2.0x.  That should make the Braton Prime worthy as an automatic weapon at least.  I'd say up to 32 or 36-38, but I feel the Boltor and the Tetra should do that kind of damage respectively.  They certainly don't get by on crit, and hitting moving targets with either of these weapons can be a pain.

An extra polarity slot would be enough of a buff?  

It's a buff certainly, but arguably it's not enough. All a polarity slot does is make a weapon easier to mod, nothing more.

At the very least, I'd raise the impact damage to match puncture damage because right now, it's pathetic. Without elemental mods, the Braton Prime is hard pressed to deal with anything Corpus and I feel that really needs to change.

Ideally, I'd make the damage 10 - 10 - 15, up the crit chance by 5% and definitely buff the crit multiplier to 2x

Polarities don't matter as a stat. You can always add more (my own BratonP is up to six now--about 10.5k dps, as far as this gun can go with present mods).

The issue is to get a BratonP you have to do T3 content. Then you end up with a gun roughly equivalent with the Karak--which you can build as soon as you hit Jupiter--probably the first gun you build.

A similar level of effort expended on the LatronP or BurstonP will give you guns in at least the 15k dps region. At least. A buff of the BratonP to around 35 base damage with a 10% RoF increase would put it back in the same league as its prime brethren. This gun has always been about raw damage with no frills. I think it should stay that way, but the base damage needs to be buffed to bring it into line with other primaries only available in T3.

It seems to me that DE at one point thought the Braton Prime was going to be the first prime introduced to the player and thus decided not to make it a vast improvement over the original. However since the B.Prime is just as annoying to get as the other Primes, it should be as significant of an upgrade.

It's a buff certainly, but arguably it's not enough. All a polarity slot does is make a weapon easier to mod, nothing more.

At the very least, I'd raise the impact damage to match puncture damage because right now, it's pathetic. Without elemental mods, the Braton Prime is hard pressed to deal with anything Corpus and I feel that really needs to change.

Ideally, I'd make the damage 10 - 10 - 15, up the crit chance by 5% and definitely buff the crit multiplier to 2x

Forma mean that polarity is a worthless balancing point. At worst, it's an inconvenience (D polarity in first slot on boltors.)

As for you claim on dealing with anything Corpus, are you shooting level 40+ Corpus with an unmodded gun? How'd you get a prime in the first place without elemental mods?

Carries don't get to complain. The base physical damage of a weapon is very much a moot point in higher level play (post 30 at least.) Before 30, the enemy doesn't really care what you throw at them, damage is damage.

I can run through Pluto with an MK-1 Braton and no raw damage mods save for split chamber and serration (rank 8 serration at that,) the trio of crit mods (point strike, vital hit, and hammer shot) and still kill things relatively quickly. Despite the 20% crit, it doesn't crit often enough to be the primary cause of death.

I stand by my numbers. The Braton Prime could use a buff, but it doesn't need to be THE bullet hose with decent damage AND crit chance/damage. I get that the Boltor and Tetra aren't prime weapons, but they still need a niche that justifies their accuracy difficulties in dealing with low crit weapons that have ammo velocities, and it's in the 30-40 range these two weapons could stand to be. Put the Braton Prime there WITH crit chance/damage, and they'll go back to being mastery fodder. Primes are meant to be more powerful than their knock offs. I feel it sets a bad precedent if the weapon obsoletes too many other similar weapons as well.

Edited by Littleman88

As for you claim on dealing with anything Corpus, are you shooting level 40+ Corpus with an unmodded gun? How'd you get a prime in the first place without elemental mods? Carries don't get to complain. 

Don't assume and resort to strawman arguments. Resorting to fallacies only serves to undermine and discredit your argument.

I acquired that gun via the use of OTHER weapons, naturally, and by using anti-corrupted builds for said weapons. What I'm saying is that without element builds, the Braton Prime is not an easy gun to level up against Corpus enemies due to stupidly low Impact damage, which thereby forces you to either fight Grineer / Infested or rely on other weapons to deal with Corpus until such time as the Braton Prime is a high enough level that you can squeeze an anti-Corpus elemental build on it. The lack of polarities does not make that easy and Forma is arguably a must install if you want the Braton to shine.

Don't assume and resort to strawman arguments. Resorting to fallacies only serves to undermine and discredit your argument.

I acquired that gun via the use of OTHER weapons, naturally, and by using anti-corrupted builds for said weapons. What I'm saying is that without element builds, the Braton Prime is not an easy gun to level up against Corpus enemies due to stupidly low Impact damage, which thereby forces you to either fight Grineer / Infested or rely on other weapons to deal with Corpus until such time as the Braton Prime is a high enough level that you can squeeze an anti-Corpus elemental build on it. The lack of polarities does not make that easy and Forma is arguably a must install if you want the Braton to shine.

What truly discredits an argument is the arguer showing clear signs of knowing nothing of what they're talking about.  Not a strawman.  I'm making a point: If the MK-I Braton can decimate dudes ON PLUTO with JUST Serration and Split Chamber, I think the Braton Prime will be just fine with 3.3 impact damage against Corpus.  Good luck against Grineer heavies though, I suppose it should have more puncture instead to make sure it doesn't suck against the Grineer?  Because we can't count on having corrosive on our weapon, right?  Because doing T3 defense wouldn't practically REQUIRE corrosive (and CC/pod defense/or corrosive projection) to fend off all those heavies, right?

But fine, let's do it your way, because 57 potential impact damage is apparently as critical to engaging Corpus as 514 potential magnetic damage:

Impact 8.8

Puncture 8.8

Slash 16.4

Accuracy 28.6

Fire Rate 8.8

Critical Chance 14%

Critical Multiplier 2x

Status 10%

Magazine 50.

Reload 2.2

P.S.  The Boltor Prime has no slash damage.  Still kills infested.

Edited by Littleman88

No, you reworded my point, exaggerating it and weakening it, and then attacked that reworded point in an attempt to refute my actual point and claim victory. That's a strawman fallacy.

Your argument was also based on at least one false premise: That I've attacked Level 40+ Corpus with an umodded Braton Prime and I'm now unreasonably complaining about how weak it is. You also assumed I was speaking as someone that was carried into such a mission. A new player with not much experience. You're wrong on both counts. Your premises are not true and thus your argument is unsound.

You don't know me or my playing experiences, you just jumped to hasty conclusions based on false assumptions you made about me. You obviously don't know what you're talking about, with regard to me. So your attempt to discredit me...is discredited itself.

I've been playing this game since at least U7.

I got the parts for Braton Prime via Void runs with using fully ranked weapons with a mix of corrosive and magnetic builds.

And my experience is that trying to level Braton Prime vs Corpus alone is tedious due to its weak Impact. To get the elemental builds you need to efficiently fight Corpus on the Braton Prime, you need to level the gun to the point where the needed mods will fit.

Why am I arguing for the Braton Prime to be a more balanced weapon in terms of physical damage? Because the Braton is well balanced in terms of damage and its based on a Orokin-era weapon we label as being the Braton Prime.

Lore implies that Prime Weapons, despite being older, are generally superior to current era weapons and most attempts to remake Orokin-era weapons typically result in a weapon that's a bit weaker than the original (as Orokin-era tech seems to be more advanced and harder to replicate) but performs in much the same way. Lore also states that The Mk-1 Braton and Braton are both Corpus attempts to remake the Braton Prime, the Mk-1 being the first and the regular Braton being the second, more successful attempt. Successful in that it comes pretty close to matching the original weapon in terms of performance, which is what the Corpus wanted. No small feat given that at least some elements of Orokin tech remain hidden and undecipherable to the Corpus.

Now, if Orokin-era weapons are made with superior tech, then it reasonably follows that said weapons would have superior characteristics compared to modern era copies of those weapons.

The modern-era Braton is a "successful" copy of an Orokin-era weapon, the Braton Prime.

It thus reasonably follows that the Braton Prime should be buffed to do pretty evenly balanced physical damage that is superior to the Braton.

Now why do you seem to be opposed to a buff to Impact damage? Because it doesn't matter in the end as you're suggesting? If that's case, then honestly that's not a good enough argument because it's a flimsy and somewhat lazy cop-out.

Incidentally, I've been playing Devil's Advocate here. I fight against Grineer the vast majority of the time, but I can see things from the point of view of a player that fights Corpus almost exclusively.

"the Boltor Prime has no slash damage. Still kills infested."

*sigh* I know this. Physical damage types determine status effects, effectiveness vs different types of shielding, armour and flesh, and so on. Puncture and Impact still work against Infested, it's just that Slash damage gets some nice added bonuses vs certain Infested flesh / armour types, so a Slash heavy weapon is going to be more efficient at killing Infested.

Edited by MirageKnight

Incidentally, I've been playing Devil's Advocate here. I fight against Grineer the vast majority of the time, but I can see things from the point of view of a player that fights Corpus almost exclusively.

This is precisely where my word has far more weight, considering I jump into nearly every invasion on the Grineer side and I love my 100 man exterminates, with the MKI no less, so I do have a clue what I'm talking about.  Physical damage is so inconsequential before armor because the quantity is such a small portion of a weapons overall damage from mods (and since the MKI can get through Pluto with JUST serration and split chamber just fine...) it's hardly worth considering at all.  Armor screws with damage, including puncture (which makes a somewhat recovery from +%.) but slamming into a heavy grineer, even corrosion makes only a token recovery.  We apply corrosion for the effect, not the damage.  Viral is an alternative, though it has a cooldown I believe.

Physical damage is MINIMAL against any of the factions, especially slash against Corpus or Grineer, as in only a few rare scenarios is slash reduced beyond -25%, and if that scenario isn't on a shielded target, it's mitigated by the inevitable +25% it receives from hitting flesh, however armored.

And seriously, if you're going to attack the anatomy of an argument, just admit you have nothing to argue with.

Edited by Littleman88