Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Quick Question

Dewsitine

well, I guess the only symptoms are weird graphical glitches in-game... you can't tell from the sound or any physical symptoms since the only moving parts are fans...

PC parts can usually last for a very long time (except HDDs) if taken care of, that is: dust cleaned, thermal paste replaced, average temperatures when under load etc. etc.

I don't think you can tell how long it has left, but as double0Ggamer said, weird graphic gliches are a clear sign, that your card is about to burn out.

In my experience, weird grapichs glitches usually involve purple colors and bright bloom-like effects.

If you really want to look for physical signs that your graphics card is on its way down the crapper, you can look at the capacitors and see if they are bulging or have cracks in the top. My old graphics card did that, and then everything went downhill very fast to the point where even showing the text during boot went wonky.

When you see smoke coming from your rig ... it's time for a new card.

And maybe a fire blanket.

It's a well known fact, that all electronics run on smoke, and when you release the smoke, they stop working