Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Make Headshots A More Defined Mechanic.

Halisi

So everyone knows that in any game that includes the mechanic headshots are a good thing because it increases the damage you do just for hitting a certain body part. In Warframe the headshot multiplier is x2 doubling your damage against the target. But how do you know that you've gotten a headshot aside from the higher damage number? You probably wouldn't even notice unless you were looking out for it.

A new player would be unlikely to notice that you can get headshots in this game because there is no defining notification that they've performed the action. Likewise veterans would be more apt to go for headshots if they had an instantly recognizable indication that their shot was a headshot.

Now as for how to define this mechanic my suggestion is to make a yellow target symbol appear next to your damage numbers in similar fashion to proc symbols. You could place the symbol to the left of the numbers or below them in order to avoid conflict with procs if you want, or vice versa placing procs below or to the left. As a supplement to this adding a unique animation to the headshot icon would help it distinguish itself when appearing next to a crit number, sound effects when getting a headshot would help too.

This is put simply a suggestion to improve the perception of headshots so that the mechanic more easily identified and utilized. This also gives the possibility of giving headshot stats/mods to guns as another way to set them apart.

I've made a mockup of what the symbol could look like and how it could be applied to damage numbers. I made the symbol bigger than the numbers to help it stand out more. This is for example purposes only.

Below is a mockup of what it could look like (warning large image).

15166994500_92930865e3_o.png

Or you could turn their head into a bloody hole where the bullet went through.

This is what I was expecting as a suggestion in the first place.

Why don't enemies show wounds when & where we hit them? They take slash from Galatines, bolts from Boltors, yet they stay in one piece and absolutely clean before their life bar gets empty...

Strange, D.E.

Edited by unknow99

This is what U was expecting as a suggestion in the first place.

Why don't enemies show wounds when & where we hit them? They take slash from Galatines, bolts from Boltors, yet they stay in one piece and absolutely clean before their life bar gets empty...

Strange, D.E.

Lol, the bolts are freaking weird. They don't stick to enemies' body but hang around in thin air.

I also want some indication when I make a headshot. even if the color turns yellow that's good enough