Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Am I Such A Shy Dip-Stick?

JaysInc

So today, I was planning on asking out the girl I like, and this is how it went down.

>Go to locker

>See girl

>I say hi

>"hey"

>She walks to her friends

>Walk up to her

>Make 50° turn away from girl and walk to bus

> (-_-)

JUST UGH!!! IT KILLS ME!!

I don't really believe in the whole 'asking out' thing. For me, it either happens or it doesn't. Making it 'official' seems like a gimmick and should only be used by people on television, or young children who don't yet know better.

Avoid all the stress and hang with a girl that you can be friendly with and let everything happen naturally.

I been there.

First: speak up.

Second: don't try too hard, be yourself. Even if you're socially awkward (as I am) at least that's who you are. And you have to be accepted as yourself.

Third: ask yourself if you really like her or if you just have some silly schoolboy crush on her because she's popular or whatever.

Forth: Whatever happens, happens. But at least try because that's better then not trying at all and not knowing.

Edited by Taramafor

But at least try because that's better then not trying at all and not knowing.

I disagree. Not trying can be a hell of a lot better than the other possible outcomes.

Edit: But I guess we're talking about a kid relationship here and not an adult.

Edited by JohnProdman

I been there.

First: speak up.

Second: don't try too hard, be yourself. Even if you're socially awkward (as I am) at least that's who you are. And you have to be accepted as yourself.

Third: ask yourself if you really like her or if you just have some silly schoolboy crush on her because she's popular or whatever.

Forth: Whatever happens, happens. But at least try because that's better then not trying at all and not knowing.

Important part bolded, italicized, and underlined.

I disagree. Not trying can be a hell of a lot better than the other possible outcomes.

If you would rather never try and end up alone by choice instead of risking being with someone or not then that's your call. Worst case scenario? You don't get accepted and you realize it won't work out. Or that a lot of work needs to be done before things can work out. But nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Having things not work out time and again can be a downer though. And that can eat away at ones confidence big time. Personally I've learned to take things a little easier and let things fall into place. Something I've struggled with but something that seems to be producing better results.

Edited by Taramafor

Hey, it's as close as I can get to figuring out why my woman chose me (what I posted). :P

I wasn't aiming it at anyone as such.

I used to dwell on the escapist but the amount of weird put me off. There are only so many "friend zone" threads I can see on a gaming site before it gets too much...

Anywhoo .... the amount of teenage lads and young adults that seem to know exactly what women want from a man is hilarious. Even more amusing when you find out the majority of them are single.

I wasn't aiming it at anyone as such.

I used to dwell on the escapist but the amount of weird put me off. There are only so many "friend zone" threads I can see on a gaming site before it gets too much...

Anywhoo .... the amount of teenage lads and young adults that seem to know exactly what women want from a man is hilarious. Even more amusing when you find out the majority of them are single.

Whats your purpose in this thread tho? Are you here to give him advice or make fun of it for whatever reason?

Whats your purpose in this thread tho? Are you here to give him advice or make fun of it for whatever reason?

My advice is not to listen to people on the internet, sorry, I thought i'd said that.

He already said he was shy. Telling him to be confident is like telling the clouds not to rain, aint happening.

Things like this are down to the person involved and them only. 

Women respond to different things. We're not sheep, we don't all like the same things. Some like "bad boys", some like the brooding silent type, most like someone who can make them laugh. Me, I got a bloke that let me know he was interested from the get go. I prefer the direct approach.

I've had people try the friends route. I don't need more friends, i've got plenty of my own. I especially don't need a friend that's going to follow me around pretending to be a "nice guy" telling me every bloke I see in an @$$ when all that is on their mind is how quickly they can get my underwear off. It's not being a "nice guy", it's being a friendly stalker.

If all else fails then humour IS probably the best way to go.

Just don't be falling over your own feet on to your face. You want her to laugh with you, not at you.

Edited by Ailissa

So today, I was planning on asking out the girl I like, and this is how it went down.

>Go to locker

>See girl

>I say hi

>"hey"

>She walks to her friends

>Walk up to her

>Make 50° turn away from girl and walk to bus

> (-_-)

JUST UGH!!! IT KILLS ME!!

I've watched many mates try to ask while their crush was in a group, let me tell you it never is pretty. Mostly because you embarrass them (I know because I was friends with both groups :D) and if they shut down from embarrassment their friends will protect that person. Though on the rare occasion you might get a person that likes you for having the courage to stand up and ask your crush in front of all your her/his friends and maybe they won't be so harsh, they might even say yes.

But that's just my experience, my advice just continue on your own direction and see what happens. The worst that can happen is you get turned down.