Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Suggestions

(PSN)LeviathanTM

Question

8 answers to this question

So I was lucky enough to have earned the Latron Wraith this evening, I already have the Latron Prime already which I have made into a DMR. Is there anything else I can do other than turn it into another DMR? 

Probably...not. The Wraith has a much faster fire rate, though. I use it as a quick action long-range rifle, for the inner systems (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars). The outer systems are reserved for higher DPS weapons, but I stay around the inner systems usually.

While the common advice is to take advantage of the fire rate and use it like an automatic, I've had a lot of success using Critical Delay and aiming for headshots. The Fire rate reduction doesn't really matter (rof>aiming time) and the damage/shot with a headshot is higher than the Latron Prime.

I tend to lean towards an 'either or' approach. Either I'm aiming for headshots with CD, or lining up multishots with Shred.

Generally this trends towards Shred for lower levels where you'll one shot anyways, and CD for high level gameplay where you need multiple shots, even with headshots and crits.

(BTW with CD chance of getting no crits per trigger pull is around 8-9%, giving it a much more reliable DPShot).