Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Buff And Rewards

Noh-Varr

IMO he's just too easy to kill while the rewards are outdated. So I think DE should buff him and thats how - whenever he manages to kill players their stats (health, sheilds and armor) at that very monemt permanently go to Stalker. The more he kills - the more tanky he becomes. I think that's fair enough. Also maybe add some new stuff to his arsenal, improve his desigh, create an event idk..

In a squad of guys packed with Boltor Primes, he goes down in seconds. I agree buff him but in a sense that the more people are in your squad/better equipment you have the stronger he becomes.

If he killed someone then got all their stats he would become unstoppable, not even the best team will be able to kill him. If that happened then he might just destroy all Tenno and have his revenge. O_O 

Honestly, Stalker is in a good place where he is right now. A well-geared team of experienced players can rip him to shreds, medium players with medium gear or experienced players with new gear can struggle but normally win, and new players with new or medium gear need to really really work to beat him but normally lose. That's a good place for him.

On the rewards, you've got arguably the best bow in the game when you factor red crits in, you've got a reliable if somewhat downscaled since D2.0 secondary, and an okay melee. The Despair and Hate could do with a little love, but the Dread is great, and getting it as a new player is wonderful.

Edited by SolarDwagon

This is a terrible idea. Stalker is broken as is, with either insta-killing you or getting insta-killed by you. He needs a complete rework, not a bunch of stat buffs. That'll just add to the cheese he's already notorious for. Even the armor rework made him cheesier. It might seem cheesy for us to be able to kill him with a 11k DPS Brakk build in three and a half clips when he's at 30+, but when you think about just how much damage that is, he's already ridiculously tanky, there's also the fact most of his attacks are instakills, and a lot of his tactics are as cheesy as they get, prime example being his dispel. There's always threads where someone thinks Stalker should be buffed even further making him an even more massive pain for anyone who isn't rolling in a crew with all boltor primes. Keep in mind that people who aren't currently capable of insta-gibbing him still have to deal with his nonsense

I'm sorry, but that doesn't seem like the solution. While Stalker certainly is easy to deal with for older players, he still destroys any new players that he visits. Mostly because they've never met him before, and even then it might take a couple of times before they realize what he can do.

I've fought him around 4~5 times before I saw him use his Absorb for the first time. (which also killed all 4 of us instantly, but we killed him while we were downed)

If he took the stats of anyone he defeats he eventually becomes unbeatable. While he seems like a rare visit, there are a lot of players playing and he's probably getting killed several times an hour as well as killing several times an hour. He'll be unstoppable in no time.

Stalker became easy to kill again because he went back his "sitting when appearing" animation.

Back then he would  teleport in front of your face without warning and start stabbing you with his hate and you get stun locked to death. You need to time a roll to escape this but as soon as you roll you'd get dreaded in the face twice before dying an agonizing death in this one sided battle.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

He's not easy to kill. He usually kills me if I'm by myself (though this does depend on what frame I use). He does get easy as you progress and get good gear, but until then he's hard as hell.

THIS IS NORMAL!!!!

Things get easier as you progress, he's hard as hell for new players so leave him be. Geez some people reach end game and then want everything raised in difficulty. Let's see you take on stalker in a lvl 20 n00b frame with no upgraded mods and your mk1 braton. He will literally 1-shot you as he does my friend who recently started playing. Accept the fact that you out-grew the stalker.

EDIT:

ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU OUTGREW THE STALKER!!!!

Edited by TaylorsContraction

Harcore maxed players demanding it harder. while the average/casual players are ignored. Now casuals dont care anymore about stalker and hardcores continue complaining about him being too easy.

Im disapointed if stalker gets anymore buffs...

My gears are pretty awesome but stalker has maybe a 9 kill streak on me? I've only downed him twice this year if im not wrong.

This is what killed Wildstar Overbuffing endgame content beyond the reach of your casual/average player.

Leaving the casuals with no avenue to go down but to quit.

Harcore maxed players demanding it harder. while the average/casual players are ignored. Now casuals dont care anymore about stalker and hardcores continue complaining about him being too easy.

Im disapointed if stalker gets anymore buffs...

My gears are pretty awesome but stalker has maybe a 9 kill streak on me? I've only downed him twice this year if im not wrong.

This is what killed Wildstar Overbuffing endgame content beyond the reach of your casual/average player.

Leaving the casuals with no avenue to go down but to quit.

Dont worry, i'm standing on your side on this...

if there's a buff, please be a AI entry buff or changes... not any stats buff/boost (health/shield etc)

To over-geared players, go nerf yourself.

Dont worry, i'm standing on your side on this...

if there's a buff, please be a AI entry buff or changes... not any stats buff/boost (health/shield etc)

To over-geared players, go nerf yourself.

Are you serious, mate? Then what is the point of getting the best gear in game if not in facing the hardest mobs/bosses? But where are they actually? Oh, right, you need to wait at least 50 minutes on t4 survival to get some portion of hardcore or play conclave on pluto and thats it. So much for caring about old players.  

Edited by Noh-Varr

I think what the Stalker needs is a tactics shift. Right now, we all know that once that first flicker goes off you nail your back to a wall and don't move until you nail him to the opposite one. What makes him scary for newer players is the unpredictability. I remember back when I was sub-Mastery 10 if the lights flickered I would S#&$ my pants. It got so bad that it happened in real life once and I actually ran out of the house.

What if instead of showing up after three knocks the Stalker would actually, you know STALK you. I'd love to be taunted over the course of several missions, never knowing when he'll actually show up. Imagine running down a corpus hallway, passing a window, and seeing him standing on the hull of the ship Twilight Zone style. Or entering a room only to find everyone has already been killed and those trademark arrows are sticking out of everything. Or even worse catching sight of his reflection behind when you're actually all alone.

And when he DOES show up his doesn't one-shot you with a lucky Dread shot or teleport behind you and stun-lock you with backstabs. I personally think he should do, and take, percent damage scaled to your personal power levels so that he's always dangerous. It shouldn't matter if you're a Loki with 500 combined health and shields and a fresh skana, or Valkyr with 10,000,000 armor and Dual AkBoltor Prime Vandal Wraiths. The Stalker should be scary.

I think what the Stalker needs is a tactics shift. Right now, we all know that once that first flicker goes off you nail your back to a wall and don't move until you nail him to the opposite one. What makes him scary for newer players is the unpredictability. I remember back when I was sub-Mastery 10 if the lights flickered I would S#&$ my pants. It got so bad that it happened in real life once and I actually ran out of the house.

What if instead of showing up after three knocks the Stalker would actually, you know STALK you. I'd love to be taunted over the course of several missions, never knowing when he'll actually show up. Imagine running down a corpus hallway, passing a window, and seeing him standing on the hull of the ship Twilight Zone style. Or entering a room only to find everyone has already been killed and those trademark arrows are sticking out of everything. Or even worse catching sight of his reflection behind when you're actually all alone.

And when he DOES show up his doesn't one-shot you with a lucky Dread shot or teleport behind you and stun-lock you with backstabs. I personally think he should do, and take, percent damage scaled to your personal power levels so that he's always dangerous. It shouldn't matter if you're a Loki with 500 combined health and shields and a fresh skana, or Valkyr with 10,000,000 armor and Dual AkBoltor Prime Vandal Wraiths. The Stalker should be scary.

this is the only balanced suggestion about the stalker anyone has come up with. I am loving it. Please make it happen DE!

It'll work if you're on solo mission otherwise your teammates will boltorprime him down easily. 

The only thing that makes Stalker easy is players sporting "High end" gear. Also, Making him "harder" to kill by turning him into a HP bag is just plain stupid. He can already OHKO ANY frame, he gets easy because with time players know HOW to avoid his attacks and kill him fast when he spawns. He already has downright unfair mechanics and immunity to abilities, he doesn't need a buff. He might need some "balance", but not a buff.

Unless of course the devs finally wake up and realize how broken scaling is, he will always be either unfair for new players (or players ranking up stuff, since he has a knack for showing up when we don't carry our "big" guns) or too easy for vets.

New players simply don't have the damage output or knowledge of how he fights to kill him before he OHKO's them, and vets kill him too fast for him to have time to OHKO them. A direct result (as most balance issues...) of broken scaling.

Edited by Marthrym

Are you serious, mate? Then what is the point of getting the best gear in game if not in facing the hardest mobs/bosses? But where are they actually? Oh, right, you need to wait at least 50 minutes on t4 survival to get some portion of hardcore or play conclave on pluto and thats it. So much for caring about old players.  

having the best or stronger gear doesn't mean you need to face stronger mob/boss...

here we go again... using endless-mission as an example for balance...

WF' PVP = JUST FOR FUN... no fun = what's the point of playing pvp? oh wait... there's fun in killing weaklings whom can't even fight on par with you...