Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Mod Help

Scuura

Question

So, I just joined up recently, and I was hoping to get some ideas for the Mods I have on my Excalibur. It's at rank 22 and Supercharged.

Mods I have equipped:

Slash and Dash: Max Rank

Redirection: 200% Shield increase

Vitality: 160% Health increase

Rush: 15% Increase in sprint speed

Steel Fiber: 40% increase in armor

Radial Blind: 1st rank.

Flow: 50% increase

Marathon: 100% increase to Stamina.

What I like doing is using my rank 22 Mk1-Braton to weaken enemies and then Slash and Dash. Afterwards, I want to melee the ones still left. Radial Blind used to make a retreat or to revive someone. So can anyone give me some tips on what to keep and what to remove?

Also, where can I farm the Mod that increases base Rifle Damage? I really want one.

9 answers to this question

I would drop Steel Fiber and add Fast Deflection. Excalibur only has 50 Armor to begin with and honestly even on my Rhino with 150 Armor and a high Steel Fiber Mod i see almost no difference in Health Damage taken to my Trinity with impressive 10 armor.

Marathon and Rush are also not that great. Later on you want those Modpoints to get more Shield/Health and maxed Fast Deflection.

Personally, I find vitality useless. Playing the Excalibur  I just retreat when my shields are about to fail, using slash dash or super jump to quickly distance my self from enemies.

Assuming you take my suggestion about ditching vitality, you should kick out steel fiber as well.

I use:

Slash dash (rank 3)

Super jump (rank 3)

Radial blind (rank 0)

Radial javelin (rank 0)

Redirection (rank 4)

Fast deflection (rank 2)

Streamline (rank 1)

I'd like to add mods that increase stamina regen and sprint speed as well as upgrading the mods I already have, but I need to find a potato to supercharge my frame first. Also, I'm trying to get Focus to increase damage of my slash dash (it affects nothing else on the Excalibur), but haven't found it yet.

Considering you're looking for a mod that boosts rifle damage, you should find a high level grineer defense mission. You'll most likely get it there.

Your mods looks good.  I would probably give up either marathon or rush for a Focus mod.  Makes your slash dash do more damage.

Serration mod is up to the RNG gods for you! I feel like most of mine have come from Grineer though. GL! Still on the hunt for the last mod I'm missing! The elusive Cryo Rounds!

Personally, I find vitality useless. Playing the Excalibur  I just retreat when my shields are about to fail, using slash dash or super jump to quickly distance my self from enemies.

Assuming you take my suggestion about ditching vitality, you should kick out steel fiber as well.

I use:

Slash dash (rank 3)

Super jump (rank 3)

Radial blind (rank 0)

Radial javelin (rank 0)

Redirection (rank 4)

Fast deflection (rank 2)

Streamline (rank 1)

I'd like to add mods that increase stamina regen and sprint speed as well as upgrading the mods I already have, but I need to find a potato to supercharge my frame first. Also, I'm trying to get Focus to increase damage of my slash dash (it affects nothing else on the Excalibur), but haven't found it yet.

Considering you're looking for a mod that boosts rifle damage, you should find a high level grineer defense mission. You'll most likely get it there.

I agree and forgot to post about swapping steel fiber for fast deflection, but some of your mods could use tweaking too.  Super jump is really worthless.  Radial jav at rank 0 on higher level stuff wont even dent so if you are going to use it it needs to be maxed.  As for not using Vitality... Eh you can get away with it at lower level stuff, but do some infested defense past wave 15-20.  You'll be wishing you had that extra health when the toxic ancients fart all over you.

Hmmm...Yeah, I suppose Rush and Steel Fiber aren't all that necessary, but finding Focus will be my priority after I get that Serration Mod.

Coincidentally, I want to keep the Vitality Mod because those Toxic Ancients are pure evil.

Edited by Scuura

I agree and forgot to post about swapping steel fiber for fast deflection, but some of your mods could use tweaking too.  Super jump is really worthless.  Radial jav at rank 0 on higher level stuff wont even dent so if you are going to use it it needs to be maxed.  As for not using Vitality... Eh you can get away with it at lower level stuff, but do some infested defense past wave 15-20.  You'll be wishing you had that extra health when the toxic ancients fart all over you.

Worthless to you, but I use it a whole lot. I'm focused on mobility, hit&run tactics and use it at least 20 times on each mission. At rank 3 it allows you to jump 6 times as high as normally, meaning I'm not limited by most terrain and can take shortcuts past chasms.

I barely ever use R.Javelin and frankly, even leveled it won't make a dent. Leveling it only increases the amount of javelins that you throw, not the damage. It always deals 1000 per javelin, even with Focus. With that in mind, it saved my hide a few times, because of it's long casting time and invulnerability during casting. It's also very useful against bosses if a mag joins the squad.

I can easily melee infested 30+ defense missions without any HP mods. The only issues are disruptor and toxic ancients -- if they hit. With frost on my melee weapon I can easily keep up to 4 non-toxic ancients in a stunlock and thanks to my maneuverability, I can outrun and dodge ancient's long-range attacks and charges. Not hugging toxic ancients isn't an issue and their long-range attacks don't apply poison.

I use;

160% Vitality is usually in the super jump slot (cost is only +1 at this rank)

Rank 3 Slash/Dash

Rank 2 Radial Blind

Rank 2 Super Jump (sometimes instead of Vitality on Grin/Corps missions)

Rank 0 Radial Javelin

+Shields

+Shield Recharge

+Power Damage

+Efficiency or +Energy Pool

+Sprint

+Stamina Recharge

This makes you VERY mobile, improves the damage from Slash 'n Dash and allows you to use it more often. Bread and Butter, baby.

Rank 2 SJ/RB and Rank 0 Jav is simply to save points, the difference in rank isnt enough to justify the extra point imo.