Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Does Gram Deal Double Damage To Ancients?

Question

14 answers to this question

Yes and no. Melee damage against them (except for the Dual Ether) gets reduced by 66%.

Wut ? Go look on wiki before saying non-sense plz. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Toxic_Ancient

Note that charged melee attacks ignore armor even for slashing weapons. So even the damage reduction from ancients does not applies to charged attacks. Also, all slashing weapons have bonus damage against all infested BESIDE ancients.

Wut ? Go look on wiki before saying non-sense plz. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Toxic_Ancient

Note that charged melee attacks ignore armor even for slashing weapons. So even the damage reduction from ancients does not applies to charged attacks. Also, all slashing weapons have bonus damage against all infested BESIDE ancients.

1.Ancients are not armored. AP just deals 100% damage to most things by default, double on weakspots.

2.Melee is not listed in that link. Those values only apply to firearms.

3.Wiki is not a reliable source of information, but since you seem to value it that much, go and check the Dual Ether page. They're said to deal normal damage to ancients with non-charged attacks.

1.Ancients are not armored. AP just deals 100% damage to most things by default, double on weakspots.

3.Wiki is not a reliable source of information, but since you seem to value it that much, go and check the Dual Ether page. They're said to deal normal damage to ancients with non-charged attacks.

disgonbgud.gif?

What?

Ancients are armored.

Where do you expect us to get information besides wiki? DE? Yeah right

What?

Ancients are armored.

Where do you expect us to get information besides wiki? DE? Yeah right

I've no idea where you got the idea that they're armored.

Instead of getting information from the wiki, you could check your self in the game. DE may not be open with the info now, but we may hope that they'll reveal more in the future.

Instead of getting information from the wiki, you could check your self in the game. DE may not be open with the info now, but we may hope that they'll reveal more in the future.

I too was under the impression they were armored.  Namely because you drop down to 1-2 damage per shot with guns if you're not using Arpen.  While if you use the Boltor, even with no mods, you do many, many times as much damage.  The Boltor's big thing as a weapon is that bolts ignore armor.  Same for Boltos and Akboltos.  Plus if you slap on Arpen, you do much much much more damage to Ancients.

Plus Fragor #s.

Given how they take damage, it's very easy to get the idea that Ancients are armored.  Because they reduce damage taken so dramatically from stuff that's not armor piercing.

Yep, some info from the DE would be good :)

I too was under the impression they were armored.  Namely because you drop down to 1-2 damage per shot with guns if you're not using Arpen.  While if you use the Boltor, even with no mods, you do many, many times as much damage.  The Boltor's big thing as a weapon is that bolts ignore armor.  Same for Boltos and Akboltos.  Plus if you slap on Arpen, you do much much much more damage to Ancients.

Plus Fragor #s.

Given how they take damage, it's very easy to get the idea that Ancients are armored.  Because they reduce damage taken so dramatically from stuff that's not armor piercing.

Actually, I believe that bolt weapons have their own damage type, they don't really do armor piercing damage, it's just that armor mainly focuses on reducing normal bullet damage.

If you hit ancients on the body they take a quarter of normal and full AP damage. If you hit them on the leg, they take full normal and AP damage. If you hit the head they take three quarters of normal and double AP damage.

I have no bolt-based weapons my self, so I'd like you to test my theory: shoot an ancient into the body, leg and head. I'd like to see if it follows the same patterns as AP.

Armor piercing weapons ignore the damage reduction from armor on their normal damage (elements still reduce as normal)

Armor piercing damage is treated as an element with its own seperate damage formula, independant of the weapons innate armor pierce

Damage to ancients follows the following formulae:

Ancients(Disruptor, Toxic, Healer) Lower legs/arms weakpoint, head lightly armored, body armored, staggered by fire, Immune to lightning
Feet/hands/shins/forearms= Normal 100%, AP=100%  Fire=200%, Freeze=100%, lightning = ZERO
Head=75% – 1%/lvl, AP=200% Fire=75% – .5%/lvl Freeze= 50% – 1.5%/lvl, lightning = ZERO
Body=Headshot normal damage / 3 (armor), AP/Fire/Freeze = half of headshot damage, lightning = ZERO

Bodyshots on regular attacks do 33% of normal damage. Charged attacks and armor piercing weapons do 100% of normal damage. Elements are all applied as above regardless of the innate armor pierce on a weapon.

Edit: For example a Dark Sword will hit for 10 while Dual Ether will hit for 30 (regular attacks) but they will both do the exact same amount of elemental damage with the same mods; elemental damage is based on the modified damage done BEFORE armor.

Edited by Darzk