Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Story About The Future

Institute-Marksman

I ran out of inspiration. Maybe I'll finish it later, but I dont think so.

No no, see, usually you don't post a thread until you've got a concept nice and fleshed out. If you just have a vague idea, you write it down on a piece of paper or notepad document or what-have-you, then come back to it once you've thought of more fluff to put in it and make it into something that other people could see and actually picture being in the game.

Posting threads telling people that you're going to have an idea is like seeing an ad for a company saying that they're going to have a product; it gets attention for attention's sake, wastes peoples time, and makes you look like a snob. I mean, seriously, we don't check posts just to confirm that you have a brain that can make ideas, we check posts because we want to see what interesting new things they bring to the table, what their take is on so and so idea and how or if it's any better than the ones other people have had.

Finding threads like this one is like renting a DVD for some epic movie, only to find out that someone took out the disc and replaced it with a homemade one containing literally nothing but the one trailer for that movie. Please don't be that guy in the future, alright?

Also, is it me or am I channeling Handsome Jack in this post? I mean, seriously, I'm reading everything I type in his voice, is that normal?

No no, see, usually you don't post a thread until you've got a concept nice and fleshed out. If you just have a vague idea, you write it down on a piece of paper or notepad document or what-have-you, then come back to it once you've thought of more fluff to put in it and make it into something that other people could see and actually picture being in the game.

Posting threads telling people that you're going to have an idea is like seeing an ad for a company saying that they're going to have a product; it gets attention for attention's sake, wastes peoples time, and makes you look like a snob. I mean, seriously, we don't check posts just to confirm that you have a brain that can make ideas, we check posts because we want to see what interesting new things they bring to the table, what their take is on so and so idea and how or if it's any better than the ones other people have had.

Finding threads like this one is like renting a DVD for some epic movie, only to find out that someone took out the disc and replaced it with a homemade one containing literally nothing but the one trailer for that movie. Please don't be that guy in the future, alright?

Also, is it me or am I channeling Handsome Jack in this post? I mean, seriously, I'm reading everything I type in his voice, is that normal?

Did you waste your time writing this?

I certainly did writing this 

Did we waste our time reading this whole thread? probably yes

So whut you gunna do about it?

dammit im bored

gnna go now and never come back

may be the best idea