Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Survival -_-

TruthSetAblaze

This mode is very disappointing. I can barely make it out of 5 minutes sometimes because there are no mobs to kill that would make oxygen spawn. Forget making it to 15, 20, 30 minutes. It's impossible with how little the mobs spawn in this map/game mode.

Please look into making the mobs spawn properly. I'd like to actually be challenged by a frantic survival, not a desperate search for enemies to kill.

This problem is already well-known. And DE are working on itm I heard, but till it happens, my suggestions:

1st: Now you are talking about solo attempts or team? If solo then try with team.

2nd: Try to change weapons...I I noticed that mysteriously some weapons makes them spanw tanks more than anothers (one survival was killing 5 mins with D nikana and get just few tanks...then I swapped to attica and I got 8 tanks in no time...

3rd: How many maps you tried to run?

But it was said many times....some maps are just bad for survivals

This problem is already well-known. And DE are working on itm I heard, but till it happens, my suggestions:

1st: Now you are talking about solo attempts or team? If solo then try with team.

2nd: Try to change weapons...I I noticed that mysteriously some weapons makes them spanw tanks more than anothers (one survival was killing 5 mins with D nikana and get just few tanks...then I swapped to attica and I got 8 tanks in no time...

3rd: How many maps you tried to run?

But it was said many times....some maps are just bad for survivals

Soon

For me this occur more with a random map composition who don't give enough spawn near room your are.

Try to visit all the map and found a large room with a lot of avaible access, will help to have decent respawning.

In this case, avoid solo mate how is not able to clean ennemis in his area.

But yep, should be fixed a bit like survival in normal void have been fixed: more dead end room with spawn than just closed door.

Edited by ZeGreymane

For me this occur more with a random map composition who don't give enough spawn near room your are.

Try to visit all the map and found a large room with a lot of avaible access, will help to have decent respawning.

In this case, avoid solo mate how is not able to clean ennemis in his area.

But yep, should be fixed a bit like survival in normal void have been fixed: more dead end room with spawn than just closed door.

I'm not doing it solo. I was in a full group.

If in a group, try to convince team to stay in the same tile together.

Enemies spawn in adjacent tiles, not the one you are in.

So, if the team spreads out, more tiles cannot have spawns.

Nekros helps, but with Runners exploding now, less so than before.

All of this does not change the fact that Survival is broken, some tilesets more than others.

Edited by Egg_Chen

Misunderstood (probably my bad english skill).

By solo mate I means, you got a mate how don't really stay with the group and arn't really able to clean his room.

In this case, you reach the maximum cap of ennemies that the host can manage, all this ennemis are in the room of your "solo mate" how is more hiding for survive than kill his part.

Resulting in less spawn in your area.

The other part of the problem : Ennemies waves spawn in room near your room.

If you haven't got a lot of access to the room where you are, that limit the number of spawn per waves you can have.

If you add to this a door hero how look at the few avaible spawn near your location, his block this spawn and you'll get less ennemies to kill.

There is a bug, but to avoid fight against flies, got some few clue to optimise ennemies spawn :

Kill them fast but don't look at spawn location!

Don't let a room full of ennemies.

Found a room with a lot of access.

Someone have done an great post about spawning mecansim but I haven't found it, if I see it again I'll post it here.

Hope it's a bit more understandable.

Edited by ZeGreymane

If in a group, try to convince team to stay in the same tile together.

Enemies spawn in adjacent tiles, not the one you are in.

So, if the team spreads out, more tiles cannot have spawns.

Nekros helps, but with Runners exploding now, less so than before.

All of this does not change the fact that Survival is broken, some tilesets more than others.

It's so sad because survival can be so fun and in tents sometimes. (like camping)

Misunderstood (probably my bad english skill).

By solo mate I means, you got a mate how don't really stay with the group and arn't really able to clean his room.

In this case, you reach the maximum cap of ennemies that the host can manage, all this ennemis are in the room of your "solo mate" how is more hiding for survive than kill his part.

Resulting in less spawn in your area.

The other part of the problem : Ennemies waves spawn in room near your room.

If you haven't got a lot of access to the room where you are, that limit the number of spawn per waves you can have.

If you add to this a door hero how look at the few avaible spawn near your location, his block this spawn and you'll get less ennemies to kill.

There is a bug, but to avoid fight against flies, got some few clue to optimise ennemies spawn :

Kill them fast but don't look at spawn location!

Don't let a room full of ennemies.

Found a room with a lot of access.

Someone have done an great post about spawning mecansim but I haven't found it, if I see it again I'll post it here.

Hope it's a bit more understandable.

Yeah most definitely, but even when I try these tricks it still doesn't work.

The infested AI can hardly navigate the funky derelict maps (or the eris maps for that matter).

Thats just the way it is right now.

If you don't carefully control where you kill the mobs, they will essentially stop spawning anywhere near you and never make it to you.