Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Tables, How Much Longer Will You Ignore Them Sheldon?

Hybridon

Wreck the system! Down with RNG! Anarchy! Anarchy!

Or at least I just wish the basic mods were actually common (e.g. Vitality, Serration, etc.) and the more esoteric ones (e.g. Quick Thinking, Thunderbolt, Shock Absorbers, etc.) were rare to accommodate their (ideally) situational nature. And even then it would be nice to have some avenue of being guaranteed them, however difficult (preferable) or time consuming (rather less preferable).

I'd like to take a moment to remind folks to remain constructive and avoid profanity/dev-bashing. There are plenty of constructive, mature and respectful ways to voice your discontent with the way things are without resorting to insults and inappropriate language.

What you insist is dev bashing I say is calling it for what it is.

Warframe is made on a farm or buy system. Saying this is not dev bashing. Mentioning that the Devs encrypted the drop tables in an obvious attempt at getting attention off the broken loot tables is not Dev bashing. It's fact. It happened. There were no insults, there was no inappropriate language. I just didn't sugar coat it.

Farming is an over-used content extender used in lieu of content and gameplay there-in. Instead of addressing this the Dev team deflects questions, ignores feedback and implements everything in a manner that forces you to farm hours and days on end, or get sick of it and buy everything. And then you get bored and don't play. You don't play, you don't buy. So they make new Shiny Things™ and ignore the Free to Play guys aside from token patches and lipstick fixes to horrendously derelict aspects of the game.

I've put hundreds of hours and hundreds more dollars into this game, to get ignored, brushed off, and treated like a cash cow. I'm outraged and have every right to be. You can delete my posts, that's fine. I can write more.

What you insist is dev bashing I say is calling it for what it is.

Warframe is made on a farm or buy system. Saying this is not dev bashing. Mentioning that the Devs encrypted the drop tables in an obvious attempt at getting attention off the broken loot tables is not Dev bashing. It's fact. It happened. There were no insults, there was no inappropriate language. I just didn't sugar coat it.

Farming is an over-used content extender used in lieu of content and gameplay there-in. Instead of addressing this the Dev team deflects questions, ignores feedback and implements everything in a manner that forces you to farm hours and days on end, or get sick of it and buy everything. And then you get bored and don't play. You don't play, you don't buy. So they make new Shiny Things™ and ignore the Free to Play guys aside from token patches and lipstick fixes to horrendously derelict aspects of the game.

I've put hundreds of hours and hundreds more dollars into this game, to get ignored, brushed off, and treated like a cash cow. I'm outraged and have every right to be. You can delete my posts, that's fine. I can write more.

You can be outraged all you want, but that doesn't give you an excuse or free pass to insult the developers.

You can be outraged all you want, but that doesn't give you an excuse or free pass to insult the developers.

I'll reiterate; There was no insult. There were objective facts on actions and attitudes the Devs took and have. If the truth is 'insulting' to the Developers, think of how the players feel.

Warframe is pay to win. It is also a farm fest. The Devs do very little about it, if anything at all. These are facts.

Edit: And you deleting my post because you don't agree and find dry sarcasm -insulting- is bad moderation.

Edited by Sylaenius

I'm having difficulty judging the line at which we cannot criticize the developers on an issue of player communication or actual neglect and would seriously like to talk more about this issue. Possibly through PM's.

Within the realm of the topic how or where can we possibly bring up issues with unresolved promises for minor or large fixes or features. Its something affects all areas of the game. But its really opaque as to how much you can tack a specific developers name onto it.

Also, what about the issue of what discussion falls into the are on being "non-constructive". There are issues that deserve feedback that I've seen people posts edited or warnings go out due to being non constructive. 

I'll reiterate; There was no insult. There were objective facts on actions and attitudes the Devs took and have. If the truth is 'insulting' to the Developers, think of how the players feel.

Warframe is pay to win. It is also a farm fest. The Devs do very little about it, if anything at all. These are facts.

Edit: And you deleting my post because you don't agree and find dry sarcasm -insulting- is bad moderation.

If you have a complaint with how you've been moderated, you're welcome to bring it up with forum staff or Support.

If you have further questions or comments on this issue, please send me or forum staff a PM regarding the issue. This thread is a discussion about drop tables, not how you were moderated.

I most certainly agree that the mod drop system and tables are aspects of the game that need to be completely reworked and dealt with immediately. This has gone on for far too long and will only get more difficult to repair as time goes on.

I'm sorry to say, but as much as I want to like the dev team,the fact of the matter is that they have handled this situation as a whole in a very unprofessional manner, between the encryptions and the way that many of the legitimate, long standing questions and criticisms are just simply brushed off, which tells me that, unfortunately, we likely will not see any fixes for long standing issues any time in the near future.

As for what he said, I saw no malicious intent in his post, but simply stating facts that a majority of us that have been here for a while are well aware of. If facts and criticisms are considered an insult and are moderated as being insults, I'm sorry sir, but that only makes the incredulous cynic in me raise my eyebrow with ever-growing suspicion toward the validity of each statement like this one that is made.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

I don't know, if my post will be relevant, but despite my awful english i will try to post my little story about Warframe.

I started playing Warframe in may 2013 (total play time ~1000 hours including account reset) i must say i really enjoyed this game hell i even spend some money on platinum which is rare in my case, but after U10 i started to see more and more things that i didn't like ie: More RNG walls/encrypted drop tables/messed up drop tables and many more. I uninstalled the game before 13.7, yet i still watch youtube videos and forum from time to time with hope that DE return to their roots (i'm fully aware that the chance for this to happen is almost non existent but who knows...).

But what i'm sure about is the fact that developers can make game fun and engaging without heavily relying on RNG walls i get the fact that we need some kind of progression/farming, but why in Warframe it must be so tedious and not fun nowadays?

What i cannot understand is the fact that DE ignore those kind of topics/questions for over the year, but maybe they have enough money to do so... I don't know, but for me it is sad that Warframe turned from the fun game into tedious farming simulator (for me)...

1-3% drop on rares is actually really high considering this in an MMO

BTW, no one in this thread play Destiny.

You head will probably explode once you touch the controller.

Talking about RNG... that whole thing is RNG, everything is totally random and there is no way to tell from where you get anything.

You just play and wait for stuff.

Warframe is practically giving away it's stuff for free when you compare it to Destiny.

BTW, no one in this thread play Destiny.

You head will probably explode once you touch the controller.

Talking about RNG... that whole thing is RNG, everything is totally random and there is no way to tell from where you get anything.

You just play and wait for stuff.

Warframe is practically giving away it's stuff for free when you compare it to Destiny.

Destiny is new and no things are found or set yet really

I wouldnt know because i havnt played

Honestly i dont believe warframes RnG is that bad

If it were any better we wouldn't have a meaningful market unless cosmetics became open to trade

Also

I THINK INSTEAD OF DROP TABLES WE SHOULD FLIP TABLES (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Edited by Azawarau

As for what he said, I saw no malicious intent in his post, but simply stating facts that a majority of us that have been here for a while are well aware of. If facts and criticisms are considered an insult and are moderated as being insults, I'm sorry sir, but that only makes the incredulous cynic in me raise my eyebrow with ever-growing suspicion toward the validity of each statement like this one that is made.

We are not removing criticism, and if in someone's opinion we do, pray tell why this thread still exists? Why all criticism threads exist?

Saying that we do remove accusations, especially based on such hard evidence as "it's obvious that...", "everyone knows...", "if you can't see that DE does X, then you are blind" and all that good stuff. Actually, DE sometimes ask as to leave threads containing harsh criticism... believe me or not.

Also regarding that user's post... he wrote one, which was mostly filled with dev bashing... then he posted another, supposedly quoting the first one that was removed, which was in no way similar to the first, stating that "It was this". Except it is not. It is very easy to verify.

We are not removing criticism, and if in someone's opinion we do, pray tell why this thread still exists? Why all criticism threads exist?

Saying that we do remove accusations, especially based on such hard evidence as "it's obvious that...", "everyone knows...", "if you can't see that DE does X, then you are blind" and all that good stuff. Actually, DE sometimes ask as to leave threads containing harsh criticism... believe me or not.

Also regarding that user's post... he wrote one, which was mostly filled with dev bashing... then he posted another, supposedly quoting the first one that was removed, which was in no way similar to the first, stating that "It was this". Except it is not. It is very easy to verify.

Do you happen to have a copy of the original post that you can quote or something to show us? 

Not saying I don't believe you (I believe I saw the post myself before removal) but it would help lower the "fears" of the people who had not seen it.

Do you happen to have a copy of the original post that you can quote or something to show us? 

Not saying I don't believe you (I believe I saw the post myself before removal) but it would help lower the "fears" of the people who had not seen it.

I can say that it exists, but I can't post it nor quote it - mostly because such decision should be made by someone higher in hierarchy than me. Since it was removed due to rules breaking, I can't post it now anywhere I want.

It's cute how 'you can't quote it' and I can't quote it because it's full of 'dev bashing'. You and I both know damn well if I were to put up the comment(s) again you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It's an opinion strung together based on facts and events that have occurred in Warframes existence.

Fact; Warframe gameplay is farming and grinding.

Fact; Core aspects of gameplay, mechanics and systems are left to endlessly malaise and sit broken while the Dev's focus their time and effort on Nyx Prime and Archwing because that's what gets them money

Fact; Farming and Grinding is overused, and often used in lieu of adding new content or giving depth to (very) shallow gameplay

Fact; DE Devs have deflected, ignored or outright lied on livestream about issues, concerns, players wants, fixes, patches, and adding content without so much as a follow up or explanation

Fact; Right after the community as a whole got right pissed about the loot tables being horrendously unbalanced DE said they fixed it and then encrypted the drop tables. And we still have broken drop tables

Fact; I had my post deleted with no reason, no request to reword it or any contact whatsoever. So I reposted that S#&$ because I couldn't and still cannot see what was so darn bad about stating an opinion backed up by fact with some damned snark in it. I then received a warning point with some BS about dev bashing but no mention of what exactly was bashing the Devs.

Fact; That's some horrendous moderation

Opinion; DE's practices are downright exploitative of the player base given the information present in this forum, livestreams, my own experiences, and all over google if you care to use it. It's outrageous and I'm bloody well miffed about it. I will continue to be an unpleasant little turd about it until something gets done and I'm treated as more than a financial statistic by DE.

Deal. 

It's cute how 'you can't quote it' and I can't quote it because it's full of 'dev bashing'. You and I both know damn well if I were to put up the comment(s) again you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It's an opinion strung together based on facts and events that have occurred in Warframes existence.

Fact; Warframe gameplay is farming and grinding.

Fact; Core aspects of gameplay, mechanics and systems are left to endlessly malaise and sit broken while the Dev's focus their time and effort on Nyx Prime and Archwing because that's what gets them money

Fact; Farming and Grinding is overused, and often used in lieu of adding new content or giving depth to (very) shallow gameplay

Fact; DE Devs have deflected, ignored or outright lied on livestream about issues, concerns, players wants, fixes, patches, and adding content without so much as a follow up or explanation

Fact; Right after the community as a whole got right &!$$ed about the loot tables being horrendously unbalanced DE said they fixed it and then encrypted the drop tables. And we still have broken drop tables

Fact; I had my post deleted with no reason, no request to reword it or any contact whatsoever. So I reposted that S#&$ because I couldn't and still cannot see what was so darn bad about stating an opinion backed up by fact with some damned snark in it. I then received a warning point with some BS about dev bashing but no mention of what exactly was bashing the Devs.

Fact; That's some horrendous moderation

Opinion; DE's practices are downright exploitative of the player base given the information present in this forum, livestreams, my own experiences, and all over google if you care to use it. It's outrageous and I'm bloody well miffed about it. I will continue to be an unpleasant little turd about it until something gets done and I'm treated as more than a financial statistic by DE.

Deal. 

Cool down there

If a dev took it down or any higher up hed be in deep for putting it back

Though i didnt see the post it seems it was questionably changed but attacking him isnt going to help that any

On your points...

1) Agreed. Although I imagine a lot of spreadsheets/excel-ing/stuff would be involved, the drop tables do feel wonky and uneven to an extent.

2) Fully agreed.

3) I like this idea.

4) I disagree. Although it's more of my opinion, I actually have no problem with not knowing the % chance of certain drops.

5) While it would be nice to take ability mods off the table, this is a case of "be careful what you wish for." They were added to the table because players wanted them.

my friend had an idea for the ability mods awhile ago where instead of completely removing them from the droptables they'd only drop from the places where you'd get the frame that uses the mods like you'd only get blessing if you were in the area where you fight vay hek though idk how they'd do oberon since his mods drop everywhere.

I will continue to be an unpleasant little turd about it until something gets done and I'm treated as more than a financial statistic by DE.

Deal. 

The fact that you have convinced yourself this is true is unfortunate and I'm sorry you feel that way. If you wish to disregard the 14 hour days, weekend overtime, hundreds of hours we spend playing our own game to get the same content our players do, then there's nothing I can say that will change that. It's not as if dev doesn't know how precarious the balance between content, drops and engaging gameplay is. When they aren't busting out fixes up to 2 times a week they are trying to make fun things. Cryotic Front, a very recent event, is currently sitting quite highly rated by our players as a favourite event (see hot topics link below) so maybe we're making process on making 'grind' new and fun in some context. And if not we'll keep trying. 

We have some information in the latest community hot topics that is relevant to the void/mod drops: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/316176-september-26th-community-hot-topics/

Concentration versus Dilution, gamewide:

With Nyx Prime live on all Platforms, the hunt is now on. 
When it comes to the Void, 14.8.0 and Nyx Prime pieces concentrated the Void the drop tables - the duplicates from before were replaced with new content. Does this mean you’ll get Nyx Prime in 4 runs? If you’re lucky. The main way development is supported is when players decide it's worth it to purchase the visual design overhauls that come with Prime Access; cosmetics with slight to medium stat boosts plus a heap of discounted Platinum. When Loki Prime hit, triplicates entered the Void, and were then reduced to duplicates (still not great). When Nyx Prime entered, nothing was added on top of the existing duplicates, only duplicates were replaced, a step toward concentration. With all that said, we still are waiting on more information about a certain Void Trader that has been mentioned as a possible solution for a token-esque system for unwanted Prime Parts. On top of the Void, we have Mod drops, which come under criticism for still including Warframe Ability mods, something a lot of Tenno would like to see changed. When it comes to your gameplay goals, which area concerns you more? 

Current player votes

1.  Mod Drop Tables (371 votes [35.91%])
  2. Prime Gear Drops. (592 votes [57.31%])

Thread being locked.