Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Those Thinking About The Prime Armor Accessory

Shuuro

Am I the only one who thinks releasing gear to never be available again for money during a BETA feels wrong.

The founders stuff I understand they payed for the foundation of the game, but releasing exclusive cashgear before official release is dubious at best.

Thing is, DE has covered themselves with their Terms of Use. Basically, it says that everything can be changed in the game whenever they want, and we agree that they can do this. Also, while it's an overly used excuse, it doesn't make it less true: they gotta make money somehow. Since they are publishing their own game, there isn't a big company behind them to give them a huge pool of money to take from for development, so they have to get all the funds somehow.

Thing is, DE has covered themselves with their Terms of Use. Basically, it says that everything can be changed in the game whenever they want, and we agree that they can do this. Also, while it's an overly used excuse, it doesn't make it less true: they gotta make money somehow. Since they are publishing their own game, there isn't a big company behind them to give them a huge pool of money to take from for development, so they have to get all the funds somehow.

And they get this money by disallowing people to buy things? Theres a lot of people in this thread ready to throw money at DE, but people are like "special snowflake was here first, go burn in a fire". Make the cosmetics available again at launch or something. 

Having unique paid stuff in beta is no better than day-one DLC, except they cannot make money off it after launch.

And they get this money by disallowing people to buy things? Theres a lot of people in this thread ready to throw money at DE, but people are like "special snowflake was here first, go burn in a fire". Make the cosmetics available again at launch or something. 

Having unique paid stuff in beta is no better than day-one DLC, except they cannot make money off it after launch.

Better than releasing premium stuff in closed beta.

This armor really is awesome but I refuse too pay 50$ for a armor pack while the rest of what I get is pretty useless. Until they let us buy things separately or in better packs my money stays with me, its a shame too cause Id be more than happy too pay for this armor if it wasn't packed with useless stuff.

Am I the only one who thinks releasing gear to never be available again for money during a BETA feels wrong.

The founders stuff I understand they payed for the foundation of the game, but releasing exclusive cashgear before official release is dubious at best.

Naw, I love exclusive stuff.  I'll admit to enjoying the feeling of having something that other people do not.

Yeah, it looks hella cool.

I would love the set for my Rhino Prime.

But will I fork over 50 dollars for something shiny? Hell f&$king no.

That's a whole other video game right there! And don't even mention what else comes with the package... Useless garbage. It's already been stated by many other Tenno that the Boosters NEED to be removed and the price reduced. I would gladly give DE more of my hard enared cash if they would listen to their player base and let them buy what they want.

not like you would play the video game for more than a month

As someone who bought the first prime access pack, i'd be &!$$ed. As he said, we had to pay 3 times as much as the current prices from prime cosmetics. It would cause more butthurt than if they re-released excal prime and founder weapons in regards to the money aspect of it.

Mmm...nope. :P I mean, yes to the rest of it and the sentiment; but the Grand Master pack (which was the highest and the paywall for the Lato Prime) was 250 freaking dollars. I forever regret that I waited until the literal last moment before deciding to upgrade and forgot about timezones (@#$%^#$); but even then I was only willing to pony up the extra 50 (would've made it 100) to reach Master. And that only because of the Design Council.

The exclusivity is a major component of the accessories cash value. Time limiting likewise makes otherwise spending-conscious people reach for their wallets (for fear of missing it).

not like you would play the video game for more than a month

Like you know me at all, dude?

I'm still playing Skyrim! And I bought that for 30 bucks.

Hell, I still play Sega Genesis and Neo Geo games and I got those for next to nothing!

I'll go even further and say I'd rather spend 50 bucks on a CoD game over this Prime Acesscory rip off, any day of the week.

And it would be worth it! I don't even play CoD multiplayer... Im saying the campaign alone is worth 50 (for this comparison at least).

I want the armor, heck yes, these picture make me feel worse.

Customizing my character gives me a sense of ownership and in every game that's probably one of the most important things. To feel attached to your character.

Unfortunately I shun boosters, they de-value the game for me, I also hate the word "exclusive" in the gaming industry as a whole, it leads to nothing besides a world of butt-hurt.

So I decide to not support Prime accessories and Prime access is already covered through farming and trade chat so sorry DE, you were this close

(____)

to getting my money.

The thing is that people buying Plat is being left out. They are paying and supporting DE in the same way that Prime Access users do, with their money. All Prime Access does is segment the playerbase into "groups" of paying people.

I get that DE needs money to continue improving the game... but both Prime Access players and Plat players are paying, and in some cases, people spend a lot more on Plat than P.A. players do... so why can't they buy these cosmetic items with Plat?

If all they want is to prevent people who didn't buy Plat from buying these exclusive items, they could just use a tag system that modifies paying players' accounts, so that those people can buy these things.

It's something like the people who didn't buy a founder pack can't see excalibur prime on the codex, just tag paying players' accounts to allow them access to these items.

Edited by LeaserResael

Doesn't matter how it looks for me. It can be the most beautiful armor ever, I wont spend 50 dollars for it. Way to expensive. I don't need the boosters nor the weapons. So yeah have fun it does look great tho. 

Edited by Deccode

what do u think, if later on down the track, if they re-released ALL of the prime cosmetics in a special pack for a significant price ?

people who missed them have a chance to obtain them while supporting the game

people who already have them wouldnt feel cheated if the price was high enough