The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Tenno Simply An Advanced Combat Ai That Operate Warframes?

TaylorsContraction

According to DE Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector was the first Tenno, meaning the first Tenno was a human infected by the Technocyte virus. He had a condition that made him unable to feel pain and got some kind of booster that stopped the infection's spread. This would explain why the Golem says he is your flesh.

According to DE Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector was the first Tenno, meaning the first Tenno was a human infected by the Technocyte virus. He had a condition that made him unable to feel pain and got some kind of booster that stopped the infection's spread. This would explain why the Golem says he is your flesh.

Apart from being partially false, this is all just

speculationrainbow_zps8dccbcfd.gif

I have yet to see the words 'Hayden Tenno was the absolute progenitor of the Tenno we know and Love in Warframe' anywhere.

I have yet to see the words 'Hayden Tenno was the absolute progenitor of the Tenno we know and Love in Warframe' anywhere.

Maybe not the progenitor, but considering they're named after him (and apparently have his name written on their bodies), I'd say definitely an an archetype of sorts.

We currently, in real life, use names from myth or history to name or nickname weapons. Tenno are not necessarily directly tied to Hayden Tenno but could be named after him due to history or myth in this game.

As for us being AI, energy, individual beings, or operators of machines... it is not certain. Whatever we are in game though i do feel is so far removed from what it originally was before being changed by the void. I like the energy theory or the idea that we are one being that changes suits.

Everyone can be Saryn  - all it takes is a trip to Taco Bell.

If Taco Bell's food was filled with incredibly poisonous snakes and extremely potent brown recluse spiders, who's poisons can necrotize (i.e., corrode) your flesh, then sure.

Saryn's powers have literally nothing to do with "gas". In fact absolutely none of her abilities even proc gas. It's all Toxin/Corrosive. the whole Saryn and Gas thing was made up from some adolescent booger muncher. That's right, a booger muncher.

Edit: Sorry, on topic-wise....

They're definitely flesh and blood. HOW that flesh and blood works is completely beyond us. And frankly, with how this universe is set up, even the sky isn't the limit as to what we players can create for our particular Tenno (or Tenno plural)'s backstories. You COULD go right ahead and make a "Ghost in the Shell" deal, where AI truly is controlling your particular warframes. We know it can happen thanks to Zanuka. As for me, I'll always think of my Warframes having separate Tenno within them. The liset is just a small piece of a much bigger ship that houses the rest of my Tenno and their Warframes. That's how I see it, and that's perfectly fine because it can fit within the Warframe universe.

Edited by SoulEchelon