Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back The Snipetron

_mop_

Snipetron is like the other 4 retired weapons in the vault. The vault opened twice so far giving us the machete and the ether daggers back. I asume snipetron will be next, because gorgon is still in login rewards and boar in the rhino pack.

Edit: Techincaly the snipetron was already released from the vault once (got retired and a month later people got the bp as event reward together with the snipetron vandal).

Edited by Saske92

Chances of Snipertron returning are not quite high. The reason that it does not fit into the lore is meh.
You know Braton is also manufactured by Corpus and it also uses bullets. How about that.

Just say that Snipetron is decommissioned weapon like Braton ant here you go. Lore is ok now. 

The Snipetron was given alongside the Vandal to those that didn't have it.

Vandal was  given during Informant Event. And it was gone after that event

Snipetron is like the other 4 retired weapons in the vault. The vault opened twice so far giving us the machete and the ether daggers back.

That was only for consoles as i did not see it anywhere on PC at that time

• However, DE re-released them for PS4 on alert from Saturday, August 9th, 12pm EDT to Sunday, August 10th, 12pm EDT as part of a special alert event prior to Update 14.
Edited by Aeon66

I'm willing to bet the snipetron vandal may resurface again during an event, after all DE has said that what's in the vault can always come back later. As far as the standard snipetron, the machete give away in between U13 and U14 shows that even retired weapons can return in the guise of a gift from the lotus. So I guess, hold out hope but don't expect anything. *shrugs*

as side note this has reminded me that the only two operations (as long as you don't count oxium espionage) that don't have badges are the first two. 

You now have the Lanka, as the Snipetron doesn't the basis of Corpus technology.

It's also not a very good weapon compared to the other sniper rifles and bows, so this is another instance of wanting 'just because' since you aren't really missing anything. It used to be a strong sniper rifle, but it has since not been updated to be competitive with anything else.

Chances of Snipertron returning are not quite high. The reason that it does not fit into the lore is meh.

You know Braton is also manufactured by Corpus and it also uses bullets. How about that.

I don't think it's a lore reason, DE just plain didn't like it. It's been essentially replaced by the Lanka.

You now have the Lanka, as the Snipetron doesn't the basis of Corpus technology.

Then please explain the existence of the Braton, a corpus made rifle.

Realistically the Snipetron can be released again and the excuse used for the weapon as a cheaper alternative to the Lanka that was no longer in use in the main corpus forces yet still produced to sell to colonists looking for a weapon they can use to help defend their settlements from wild creatures. Alongside the Braton.

In the case of the Lanka they can give that thing a much needed model update that places the charge glow in a spot where it stops being in the middle of the freakin scope when you are zoomed in.

or leave it as one of the base weapons you get when starting, alongside the Braton. As the Snipetron mk1.

But yeah the reason they took it off is pretty dumb. You can shoehorn the Snipetron into the lore. Just do something. Rename the Lanka into the Snipetron or bring out an "updated version" that fits with the lore and call it the..."Neo Snipetron" or something. 

Better yet why not Snipetron Prime? if both corpus made Braton and Burston get primes, why not the Snipetron? and it doesn't even have to have a standard counter part, reaper and dakra prime don't have one.

or leave it as one of the base weapons you get when starting, alongside the Braton. As the Snipetron mk1.

But yeah the reason they took it off is pretty dumb. You can shoehorn the Snipetron into the lore. Just do something. Rename the Lanka into the Snipetron or bring out an "updated version" that fits with the lore and call it the..."Neo Snipetron" or something. 

Better yet why not Snipetron Prime? if both corpus made Braton and Burston get primes, why not the Snipetron? and it doesn't even have to have a standard counter part, reaper and dakra prime don't have one.

By that logic we should get Burston Vandal....... Oi! DE give use Snipetron Prime and Burston Vandal! That day I can has those three of both.....cause I missed braton Vandal and both lato variants...... oh and a skana Vandal while you're at it.