Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Access Profile Icons Should Be Included In The Prime Accessories Package

Zachles

Just a thought. It's a little stupid that it's not.

I mean, if you have Nyx Prime, Hikou Prime and Scindo Prime through playing the game, but you want the profile icons, you're wasting money to buy something you already have. Seriously. I can't be alone in this assertion.

Just a thought. It's a little stupid that it's not.

I mean, if you have Nyx Prime, Hikou Prime and Scindo Prime through playing the game, but you want the profile icons, you're wasting money to buy something you already have. Seriously. I can't be alone in this assertion.

I agree, I got the accessories cause that's all I could afford this time around, and I've gotten hikou and Nyx through farming already.. but I still want the icons since I've got rhino and Loki ones already.

I agree, I got the accessories cause that's all I could afford this time around, and I've gotten hikou and Nyx through farming already.. but I still want the icons since I've got rhino and Loki ones already.

Well, I'm just saying this from experience with Loki Prime. I got him in game, plus the other stuff, but I wanted the Profile Icons. It was a little redundant to pay for something I already had.

I'm seriously considering doing the same thing this time around, but I really would like those Profile Icons. Just a little unfair, I guess.

So, what's there to cosmetically differentiate someone who spent $50 vs those who coughed up the money for the $80/$150 options? The whole 'I want more for less' circlejerk on here conveniently leaves those who spend the extra money for the profile pictures/plat out to dry. 

Edited by PandemicLegions

So, what's there to cosmetically differentiate someone who spent $50 vs those who coughed up the money for the $80/$150 options? The whole 'I want more for less' circlejerk on here conveniently leaves those who spend the extra money for the profile pictures/plat out to dry. 

honestly all of the packs should come with the avatars :\ both the first and second tier prime access packs already come with a substantial amount of bonus platinum so just shuffle those values a bit and it will make up for the loss/addition of profile icon excusivity. It's just bizarre that an accessory pack that stresses the inclusion of prime cosmetics doesn't include purely cosmetic avatars

honestly all of the packs should come with the avatars :\ both the first and second tier prime access packs already come with a substantial amount of bonus platinum so just shuffle those values a bit and it will make up for the loss/addition of profile icon excusivity. It's just bizarre that an accessory pack that stresses the inclusion of prime cosmetics doesn't include purely cosmetic avatars

Back to to the more for less argument. For those who buy the $80 or $150 options, what do they have to show for it once they use all their plat? 

Back to to the more for less argument. For those who buy the $80 or $150 options, what do they have to show for it once they use all their plat? 

All the stuff they bought with the Plat. It's not like it just vanishes it just gets transformed into something else they then get to keep for however long their whims dictate.

Also I know people will turn on me for this, but if DE wants to think from a business POV - they need to scrap the accessories and access packages and comes up with something new... more in specific the platinum contained within. There is more than enough platinum in the Accessories Pack to buy ALL new prime gear at their highest prices (current). Technically I paid $49.99 for both the Access and Accessories - costing DE $79.99 they could have hypothetically made.

^This is on top of the 10+ plus potatoes and slots and crap I bought on the side, still have pl left over actually.

Basically they could just put the icons in the accessory pack and halve the platinum or something.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

All the stuff they bought with the Plat. It's not like it just vanishes it just gets transformed into something else they then get to keep for however long their whims dictate.

All of which can be obtained by any other average joe months down the road. What you are proposing is having a $50 package have the same exclusive content as a pack 3 times the price. 

Though I would like to see the avatars in the accesory pack, I do understand DEs reason. 

As pandemicLegions is rightly pointing out the whole orginaly point of the bonus cosmetic stuff was to reward people who bought the higher packages. 

Back in the original prime access, founders, the different tiers gave limited time access to exclusive weapons. These items affect game play and mastery; this has become a headache for DE ever since with people asking for founders stuff. 

So new founders system, prime access, has cosmetic/non-mastery rewards. 

However people wanted this stuff without the plat so DE created the accessory pack. This is the same price as tier 1 Prime access but gives the "in-game" cosmetic items. However so that there is still a small pull to buy higher packs people do not get the avatar pics at tier 2. 

If you want everything you have to buy Tier 2 + prime accessories or Tier 3.

So if you buy tier 2 and prime accessories you will get all the stuff. However its only a small price more too just buy tier 3 and get loads more platinum. 

That is what DE wants you to do ofc. 

Personally I feel they should make a special avatar for each prime access based on the prime frame on offer e.g. Nyx and then a basic one also based on that prime to be placed in the market.  E.g. There is two basic Excalibur profile icons that people can have. One is a frame head shot and the other is a side on pic. 

Edited by MDRLOz

All of which can be obtained by any other average joe months down the road. What you are proposing is having a $50 package have the same exclusive content as a pack 3 times the price. 

Which is part of the whole point of the package deals in the first place, it even says it in extra large type "GET INSTANT ACCESS" <-- ergo you get it first before everyone else and can skip the grind and lord it over all those with less money to burn (not to mention the included at no extra charge slots, potatoes and plat).  So saying that the icons are the only selling point for higher tier packs is somewhat ridiculous to my mind.

If the value of the higher tier packages is reduced by the inclusion of avatars in the cosmetic accessory pack then what about alternate accessory packs that ditch the boosters and replace them with the avatar images. That would replace an item of value for an item of value and considering that the value of those boosters is approximately 2056 plat were you to buy them from the store I'd call it fair.