Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why U People Complaining About Nyx Nerf? You Asked For It So Deal With It

BloodSage09

I remember countless threads and pictures of people complaining that nyx was too OP and that she did way too much damage. But when the frame gets nerfed u rage and complain?

please people be reasonable, the bigger the fuss u make the more it ends up nerfed badly.

now that being said maybe its time to start asking for a nyx buff

I remember countless threads and pictures of people complaining that nyx was too OP and that she did way too much damage. But when the frame gets nerfed u rage and complain?

please people be reasonable, the bigger the fuss u make the more it ends up nerfed badly.

now that being said maybe its time to start asking for a nyx buff

I don't play nyx, but all I want is for all the skills to be useful in their own right.

Like Psychic Bolts.

The Problem is that you will always jsut see the posts from the guys that have a Problem with it. Lets say a Games has 10.000 Players. 9.000 think that somethign is perfectly balanced and 1.000 feel that its op. The 9.000 guys wouldn't post on the Forums since they are good with how things are but the 1.000 who think its op will posts. and even if its just 10% of the total players 1000 posts is still alot.

So far I have yet too see many complaints about Nyx in the forms lately so I have no idea were this is coming from, iv seen more complaints with Nova, Trinity and Nekros then ever Nyx. I also agree that her bolts need a rework after all Oberon and her for the longest time both shared a similar useless skill Oberon's being his smite and now his has been improved why not Nyx's?

This will probably however be fixed in time but still bringing up a from post about it will not stop people form hating or complaining without good reasons and even then you'll only be putting fuel on the fire. If you want the hating too stop then you cant yell at people about it, you need too have better reasons then this.

The Problem is that you will always jsut see the posts from the guys that have a Problem with it. Lets say a Games has 10.000 Players. 9.000 think that somethign is perfectly balanced and 1.000 feel that its op. The 9.000 guys wouldn't post on the Forums since they are good with how things are but the 1.000 who think its op will posts. and even if its just 10% of the total players 1000 posts is still alot.

^this

Why would you come post on the forums if you were totally happy with everything? You'd be playing the game. The people you see posting are either unhappy, or looking for something to be changed.

I am complaining.  I asked for a nerf, but I never asked for this. There is a difference between giving her a "playful swat on the buttocks with a nerf stick" (what I asked for) and "strapping her to the front of a speeding train, stuffing the train with C4, and driving the train over a cliff into a nerf stick factory" (what we got).

You see there are varying degrees of "nerfs".

I am complaining.  I asked for a nerf, but I never asked for this. There is a difference between giving her a "playful swat on the buttocks with a nerf stick" (what I asked for) and "strapping her to the front of a speeding train, stuffing the train with C4, and driving the train over a cliff into a nerf stick factory" (what we got).

You see there are varying degrees of "nerfs".

Her other three moves are unaffected. As for Absorb, it is essentially the same, but there's an artifical cap on how much damage you can take in.

Absorb can deplete your entire energy pull in a matter of seconds.  You can't use her other three skills without energy.

Which is why I usually cast Chaos first, and then Absorb. That way, they are disabled so I can get into the middle of them, and by the time they are shooting me again, I press four again to disable them again, either by killing or knocking them down.

Not to mention that your teammates will be killing enemies around you so they will be dropping energy orbs, and you should have Energy Siphon as your aura, to make up some of the in between.

And that's just my playstyle, which is using her as a disabler for my team. I'm sure you can get a way around the energy drain as well.

Edited by Nethaufer

^this

Why would you come post on the forums if you were totally happy with everything? You'd be playing the game. The people you see posting are either unhappy, or looking for something to be changed.

or if you are like me and just bored so you browse the internet. but its true that the people crying for nerfs are always the minority. there is a difference when people cry that something is op and when something is legitimately broken. when people don't like something but realize its good they want to take it down cause they normally get butt hurt which is what i see happened to absorb.

Absorb can deplete your entire energy pull in a matter of seconds.  You can't use her other three skills without energy.

cant streamline and other mods like that help out with the drain?
Edited by Llelouche

or if you are like me and just bored so you browse the internet. but its true that the people crying for nerfs are always the minority. there is a difference when people cry that something is op and when something is legitimately broken. when people don't like something but realize its good they want to take it down cause they normally get butt hurt which is what i see happened to absorb.

Nyx was great but her absorb need the option to end early.

Then they buffed it by making it a toggle without a start up cost.  This was OP and needed nerfed.  The nerf we wanted was for the skill to be reverted to how it was before, just with the ability to be ended early without any additional benefits.

Then they nerfed to be worse than before the buff, making it useless.  It makes no logical sense.

Everyone who isn't you is not a hive mind. Chances are the people asking for a nerf aren't the ones complaining now and even if they are asking for nerfs doesn't mean you have to agree with the way the nerf was done or can't think it was nerfed to far and can't criticise it. 

Edited by DementedSheep525

It can, and with just that, the energy orbs that drop from enemies is enough to get you back up to casting Chaos again, if you haven't already cast it.

Nyx was great but her absorb need the option to end early.

Then they buffed it by making it a toggle without a start up cost.  This was OP and needed nerfed.  The nerf we wanted was for the skill to be reverted to how it was before, just with the ability to be ended early without any additional benefits.

Then they nerfed to be worse than before the buff, making it useless.  It makes no logical sense.

The nerf I think it needed was so that you couldn't gather virtually infinite damage in the time it takes for 400 energy to deplete. They made it so that you can't do this anymore. And just because you say it is useless, doesn't mean other people do as well.

Edited by Nethaufer

It can, and with just that, the energy orbs that drop from enemies is enough to get you back up to casting Chaos again, if you haven't already cast it.

The nerf I think it needed was so that you couldn't gather virtually infinite damage in the time it takes for 400 energy to deplete. They made it so that you can't do this anymore. And just because you say it is useless, doesn't mean other people do as well.

i wasn't too sure about the nerf. don't play nyx (building prime version to try her out for size) so i dont tend to look at patch notes about frames and weapons i don't care to use. if my last post sounded bad then i apologize. and on the note of the energy consumption, what kinda builds do people make for nyx if energy is that much of a concern? i know the build i'm going for on my loki will render 1 energy orb to pretty much allow me to cast any of the skills. why cant that be applied to nyx as well?

i wasn't too sure about the nerf. don't play nyx (building prime version to try her out for size) so i dont tend to look at patch notes about frames and weapons i don't care to use. if my last post sounded bad then i apologize. and on the note of the energy consumption, what kinda builds do people make for nyx if energy is that much of a concern? i know the build i'm going for on my loki will render 1 energy orb to pretty much allow me to cast any of the skills. why cant that be applied to nyx as well?

Because absorb builds can go through 600 energy in a few seconds now, especially without corrupted mods.

The build I go for is pretty much the same for all my frames. Nyx Prime is going to be the first where I do any forma'ing of the ability slots. I usually have Redirection and Vitality on my frames, in the case of Nyx I also have Vigor. I then have Flow, Continuity, and Streamline. That basically fills out all the mod slots. For Nyx Prime, the final change I'm going to make is forma one of the ability slots because, let's face it, Psychic Bolt is a joke, so that I can put on a range boosting mod. That's what I do for almost all my frames, with some slight modifications.

Because absorb builds can go through 600 energy in a few seconds now, especially without corrupted mods.

Which is to keep you from getting 99999999999999 damage on absorb, which you could do before, and that is pretty OP.

Edited by Nethaufer