Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why U People Complaining About Nyx Nerf? You Asked For It So Deal With It

BloodSage09

Which is to keep you from getting 99999999999999 damage on absorb, which you could do before, and that is pretty OP.

Which could have been solved by making Absorb not absorb damage from friendly sources.

Guess what Nyx players have to deal with now?

Edited by Dualstar

Which is why I usually cast Chaos first, and then Absorb. That way, they are disabled so I can get into the middle of them, and by the time they are shooting me again, I press four again to disable them again, either by killing or knocking them down.

Not to mention that your teammates will be killing enemies around you so they will be dropping energy orbs, and you should have Energy Siphon as your aura, to make up some of the in between.

And that's just my playstyle, which is using her as a disabler for my team. I'm sure you can get a way around the energy drain as well.

First... Casting chaos right before using Absorb is kinda derpy. How can you get the best of Absorb if NO ONE is shooting at you?^^'

Not to mention, why would you knockdown enemies that are doing your job for you when under Chaos' effect? It doesn't make any sense.^^'

Second... Siphon energy is only good if you're not in a situation that requires you to make intensive use of your powers (Oh sweet irony) since the regen isn't all that great. It's not bad, but not great or reliable, especially in the middle of a gunfight. Oh and there's also the Energy drain enemies. They tend to give Energy Siphon the middle finger.^^'

I am complaining.  I asked for a nerf, but I never asked for this. There is a difference between giving her a "playful swat on the buttocks with a nerf stick" (what I asked for) and "strapping her to the front of a speeding train, stuffing the train with C4, and driving the train over a cliff into a nerf stick factory" (what we got).

You see there are varying degrees of "nerfs".

^This.

The "press 4 to go get a coffee" change was bad and really hurt Nyx. The subsequent nerf was a direct consequence of this. Absorb should a have a 10-15 seconds maximum duration, unaffected by Power duration mods, and have the ability to be released early so as to not make Nyx a useless bauble stuck in the sitting Lotus position forever when everything around is either dead or running away. THIS is what every Nyx player wanted, NOT what we got before the train wreck of a nerf the devs released after their initial "crosseyed" moment.

Edited by Marthrym

The build I go for is pretty much the same for all my frames. Nyx Prime is going to be the first where I do any forma'ing of the ability slots. I usually have Redirection and Vitality on my frames, in the case of Nyx I also have Vigor. I then have Flow, Continuity, and Streamline. That basically fills out all the mod slots. For Nyx Prime, the final change I'm going to make is forma one of the ability slots because, let's face it, Psychic Bolt is a joke, so that I can put on a range boosting mod. That's what I do for almost all my frames, with some slight modifications.

Which is to keep you from getting 99999999999999 damage on absorb, which you could do before, and that is pretty OP.

the only flaw with that reasoning is that the DE could fix Psychic Bolt like smite was fixed. but yea pretty much all im using is invisibility and radial disarm. the build im doing is to max duration, range, and power efficiency. no health or shields so i gotta be careful 

I am complaining.  I asked for a nerf, but I never asked for this. There is a difference between giving her a "playful swat on the buttocks with a nerf stick" (what I asked for) and "strapping her to the front of a speeding train, stuffing the train with C4, and driving the train over a cliff into a nerf stick factory" (what we got).

You see there are varying degrees of "nerfs".

In the 18 years that MMO's have been around the nerf bat is always used to swing hard.

Asking for a nerf one minute and then saying "this isn't what I asked for" is like asking for a manure sandwich and complaining it tastes like S#&$.

Edited by Ailissa

In the 18 years that MMO's have been around the nerf bat is always used to swing hard.

Asking for a nerf one minute and then saying "this isn't what I asked for" is like asking for a manure sandwich and complaining it tastes like S#&$.

Blizzard, believe it or not, has said something about this process. They say it's easier to make it overpowered and work it down, than starting weak and building up. Because if you start overpowered, you can go down, and if it doesn't work, you can increment it back up to how it used to be. Considering DE seems to be working on overhauls for just about everything in game, I expect some sort of change to come along at any point.

Buddy, you are full of sandwich.  I was pretty clear with what needed to be changed.

Typically, things get hit with a nerf stick hard then readjusted to stop between the over nerf and starting point.

Start l----------------------------------------> initial change

rebalance  <-----------------l initial change

This is common sense and completely logical. It is how we narrow in on a target naturally.

This is what DE did with absorb:

Start l---------------------------> initial change

rebalance  <-----------------------------------------------------------l initial change

The actually made it worse than its initial starting point.  This makes NO SENSE.

I seriously have no idea why people act like Nyx is utterly useless now(or to lower the hyperbole a little bit, "mid tier" ) , you still have probably have the most absurd cc in the entire game. press 3 to stun everything in a 60 meter range for 2 seconds and then make them all fight each other for  10-17 seconds after that ? Seriously they literally do nothing but fart around shooting each other and with a proper build you can keep it up constantly without even denting your energy. The only downside is it can make defense waves take longer or make the enemies not come to you. It's an absolutely insane ability.

And now everyone loses the press 4 walk away and come back to find 3 waves completed ultimate and they're throwing a tantrum? Absorb is an incredibly boring ability  (heck I think chaos is even boring, they don't even fight you, I just spam 3 and casually walk around picking off the confused enemies) and problematic to balance, I think she should probably get a different ability to replace it, because as it stands absorb has fluctuated between a no input god mode or a waste of energy, especially when her 3 is so outrageous in it's own right and has 0 synergy with her ultimate.

Edited by Baruti

I seriously have no idea why people act like Nyx is utterly useless now(or to lower the hyperbole a little bit, "mid tier" ) , you still probably have the most absurd cc in the entire game still. press 3 to stun everything in a 70 meter range for 2 seconds and then make them all fight each other for 7-8 seconds after that? Seriously they literally do nothing but fart around shooting each other and with a proper build you can keep it up constantly without even denting your energy. The only downside is it can make defense waves take longer or make the enemies not come to you. It's an absolutely insane ability.

And now everyone loses the press 4 walk away and come back to find 3 waves completed ultimate and they're throwing a tantrum? Absorb is an incredibly boring ability  (heck I think chaos is even boring, they don't even fight you, I just spam 3 and casually walk around picking off the confused enemies) and problematic to balance, I think she should probably get a different ability to replace it, because as it stands absorb has fluctuated between a no input god mode or a waste of energy, especially when her 3 is so outrageous in it's own right and has 0 synergy with her ultimate.

I agree with you on all those points except the synergy between her third and fourth ability. Her third ability can be used for that 2 second stun to get into the thick of things, and then use her 4 to build up the damage and unleash it. Or, you could even just use it for the second knockdown caused by releasing it. Chaos causes all the enemies affected to be of higher threat than the players, and Absorb causes all the Chaos afflicted, and the ones not afflicted, to attack the bubble over everything else. Great for drawing fire from them.

May I have the nerf bat and just snap off Absorb? It is not even in context to Nemesis the reason Nyx is what she is. What part of psychic powers mean that she simply absorbs damage and lashes it out? Yes I know the Space MagicTM will pop up after reading this, yet the abilities that Nemesis had makes better sense than this.

Do away with it just like overheat.

Buddy, you are full of sandwich.  I was pretty clear with what needed to be changed.

Typically, things get hit with a nerf stick hard then readjusted to stop between the over nerf and starting point.

Start l----------------------------------------> initial change

rebalance  <-----------------l initial change

This is common sense and completely logical. It is how we narrow in on a target naturally.

This is what DE did with absorb:

Start l---------------------------> initial change

rebalance  <-----------------------------------------------------------l initial change

The actually made it worse than its initial starting point.  This makes NO SENSE.

As I said, in 18 years of mmo's, that's what always happens.

Asking for balance is like asking the sun to cool down. Balance is a myth, no game has ever got it right, no game ever will. When people ask for a nerf, even a little one, things get hit hard, as Neth said.

When you start asking for nerfs, expect the worst.

I never asked for this...

Never understood why people had a problem with her Absorb in the first place. She's simply taking in any and all damage and outputting said damage. It's a natural scale unlike some other ultimate abilities. This just kinda cripples her when we're talking about endgame content (looking at you, corrupted gunner/moa).

Clearly the people who cried nerf don't like when a perfectly honed ability does something they don't like.

My fingers are crossed they reverse this nerf, it's bad enough I can't MC Corrupted Vor...lemme keep my Absorb.

I never asked for nerf. If they had to "rebalance" absorb they should've just given it a startup cost.

Again, like someone mentioned earlier. 9000 people who have no issue with it currently do not state anything, because there is no subject of discussion. 1000 people think it's overpowered, and have the fun of 9000 people ruined to appease 1000. 

Makes no sense. 

Thank goodness I didn't touch Nyx for over a year.

Never touched the darn thing after maxing, so I didn't really recognize the difference / nerf.

Optimistically viewing this nerf ordeal.

Nyx Prime is great now, I try not to think about how powerful it could be, if without the nerf.

As I said, in 18 years of mmo's, that's what always happens.

Asking for balance is like asking the sun to cool down. Balance is a myth, no game has ever got it right, no game ever will. When people ask for a nerf, even a little one, things get hit hard, as Neth said.

When you start asking for nerfs, expect the worst.

You're wrong. 

Let's try using number as referents, maybe you can understand that.  We will say 10 is the equivalent of a tactical nuke in terms of being OP and 1 is a wet paper sack and let's say Absorb started out as a level 4 originally, just for the sake of argument.

A typical MMO and Destiny decides they need to buff it so they both move it to 10.

4 → 10

It sits at 10 for awhile, and they both realize how ridiculously OP that is so they decided to nerf it.

DE just loses their minds and forgets that they thought it needed a buff originally and drop it below even its starting point to a 2.

4 → 10 → 2

This makes no sense at all.

A reasonable MMO remembers that they originally thought it needed a buff so in the attempt at balance they nerf it, but they never go past an previous cap.

4 → 10 → 5 → 9 → 6 → 8 → 7

And eventually they narrow in on what they consider to be the perfect balance point of 7.

This how humans naturally zero in on something.  Are you aiming too far to the left?  Then you swing to the right.  Did it go off to far to the right?  Then you swing back to the left, not going so far as you started. And you just keep getting aiming in smaller and smaller swings until you zero in on your target.

TRY IT 1! : Use your dominant hand and extend your straightened arm to the opposite shoulder.  Now pick something random and small in the distance and try to point at it as quickly as possible.  Most people will notice that they swing their finger in ever shrinking circles and the zero in on their target.

You're wrong. 

Let's try using number as referents, maybe you can understand that.  We will say 10 is the equivalent of a tactical nuke in terms of being OP and 1 is a wet paper sack and let's say Absorb started out as a level 4 originally, just for the sake of argument.

A typical MMO and Destiny decides they need to buff it so they both move it to 10.

4 → 10

It sits at 10 for awhile, and they both realize how ridiculously OP that is so they decided to nerf it.

DE just loses their minds and forgets that they thought it needed a buff originally and drop it below even its starting point to a 2.

4 → 10 → 2

This makes no sense at all.

A reasonable MMO remembers that they originally thought it needed a buff so in the attempt at balance they nerf it, but they never go past an previous cap.

4 → 10 → 5 → 9 → 6 → 8 → 7

And eventually they narrow in on what they consider to be the perfect balance point of 7.

This how humans naturally zero in on something.  Are you aiming too far to the left?  Then you swing to the right.  Did it go off to far to the right?  Then you swing back to the left, not going so far as you started. And you just keep getting aiming in smaller and smaller swings until you zero in on your target.

TRY IT 1! : Use your dominant hand and extend your straightened arm to the opposite shoulder.  Now pick something random and small in the distance and try to point at it as quickly as possible.  Most people will notice that they swing their finger in ever shrinking circles and the zero in on their target.

Yeah, you've just rambled on without providing a specific example.

We've all been through the buff/nerf cycle and not one single person has ever seen balance in a game.

What you did there was theory but not reality.

Yeah, you've just rambled on without providing a specific example.

We've all been through the buff/nerf cycle and not one single person has ever seen balance in a game.

What you did there was theory but not reality.

You have never seen a massive buff or nerf that got scaled-back or further buffed/nerfed in the same direction later?