Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Survival Missions: Not Enough Life Support Drops From Enemies

Amazerath

I played some solo infested survival missions on Eris>Phalan and Eris>Nimus and noticed I was often running out of life support even before the 10 minute mark. Getting to 15 minutes for void key rewards was almost impossible. Then I played another solo survival mission against Grineer on Sedna>Yemaja and I was getting more life support drops then I needed.

The spawn/death rates were pretty similar for both infested and grineer, so I'm guessing there is a problem with the infested drops. Perhaps the infested are still using the old drop rates from last year. The fact is that it is making it unnecessarily hard for a solo player to stay in the mission for 15 minutes.

random is random and it hates you.  usually hates me too.

i hope they change it to be like the excavation style enemies who have a LS pod on their back.

If it was just about RNG then I wouldn't get a massive difference in drops when I play the same mission against a different faction.

Solo survival vs Grineer, never ran out of life support not even once, 10 minutes, 15 minutes etc 

Solo survival vs Corpus, ran out of life support once because I made a mistake and ran into the wrong direction other than that 10, 15, 20 minutes no problem

Solo survival vs infested, 10 minutes gets tricky already (Eris and some Alerts), had several occasions were I ran out despite killing copious amounts of enemies. At some point it seems only ancients drop life support and Lotus decides to take a potty break way more often and longer than in missions vs Grineer, Corpus or Corrupted.

Just my observation as of late. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

This is NOT random. The infested drop a ridiculously low number of life support modules compared to the grineer and corpus. As it stands, it can be a massive struggle getting to TEN minutes sometimes. I tried farming burston prime parts in ODS and couldn't even make it to 20 minutes because I kept running out of life support because the life support droprates for infested are HORRID.

The infested tend to not drop a lot of stuff. Really doesn't make sense as they are mostly dead bodies who have ammo. Infested don't even use that ammo.

And I doubt they require oxygen,

Doesn't really matter if it makes sense or not. It's a game-play thing and failing survival at 10 mins even though the enemies are nowhere near challenging yet because of life support isn't fun. Besides just imagine they had ammo and life support on them before they became infested. 

Edited by DementedSheep525