Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Reload Speed Needs A Little Love De

Dokusi

Being a fan of the Tigris I was noticing that for a shotgun with only 2 shots it takes forever to reload with and without reload mods. Heck even the hek is faster with 4 shot reload.

I'm forever thankful that all shotguns were fixed just recently.

I would appreciate this minor tweak that would make this beauty of a boomstick shine even more

I honestly don't get all the calls for reload speed buffs on the Tigris. If anything, give it more damage.

The reload is OK if you start it manually, as opposed to waiting on the automatic reload. 

Buffing the damage is useless because it already overkills so many enemies.

Just with Shotguns in general, I kinda wish it had innate punch through.

Maybe punch through on shotguns could have falloff with the damage, would make sense :D Wherever it first hits the target the punch through could be from that point. So if it first hit a target at say 2 meters away it would do 1.0 punch through and if it first hit a target at 20 meters it would be like 0.2. Just example numbers, those might not be the most balanced but you get the idea. Would defiantly add some nice utility and tactility to shotguns 

I loved that shotgun too, but sadly...it is very useless weapons. As Archistopheles said, we cant speak about dps in this case, but dpm...but I was about to say the same about buffing dmg...I sold that weapon asap it hits 30 just to get achievement...Can it kill enemies lv 38+ by one shot?

My current 2 settings with Tigris do 3k damage total with 2.1 punchthrough so I agree with damage being ok where it is

And yes I do manual reload immediately after the last shot or In between few enemies, but like I initially said its slower than some others with more bullets per clip.

As commented above 1.1 would be nice, hell 1.0 would be prime for me

I loved that shotgun too, but sadly...it is very useless weapons. As Archistopheles said, we cant speak about dps in this case, but dpm...but I was about to say the same about buffing dmg...I sold that weapon asap it hits 30 just to get achievement...Can it kill enemies lv 38+ by one shot?

I have before with head shots believe it or not. And I'm a heavy melee user so whatever my Tigris doesn't take down immediately gets met with MR. Stab by soon to follow.

We're ninjas ppl, we stab ppl.

Edited by Dokusi

My current 2 settings with Tigris do 3k damage total with 2.1 punchthrough so I agree with damage being ok where it is

And yes I do manual reload immediately after the last shot or In between few enemies, but like I initially said its slower than some others with more bullets per clip.

Tigris.

Prime.

Now.

I build my Tigris with 4 clips size, it definitely has lower damage per shot. But it can do more damage and kill more enemies per reload.

Faster reload speed is still appreciated it though

I tried that setup and the 4 shots were nice, but I ended up missing my punch through especially when you wipe out 4-6 guys that are in the cone o' death

I meant "if anything" in the sense that I don't feel Tigris need a buff, and if it did get a buff it doesn't have to be reload speed.

How I see Tigris is an extreme burst-damage shotgun. If it's reload get too short, it's stops being a boomstick and turns into a Soma/Boltor Prime or whatever else.

There already are other shotguns that fills the niche of SUSTAINED DPS, whereas Tigris has its niche as a burst shotgun with high damage per shell. I'd rather it keeps the trade off of great damage with long reload rather than turn it into a reskin of a weapon that already exists. 

Even if It did get a reload speed so drastically fast that it's a "reskin" soma or Boltor prime, the generic player will go for the one everybody uses and raves about anyways that it wouldn't even matter. A lot of warframe players lack style and go for whatever triggers easy mode the fastest. Tigris you actually gotta work at getting good with and pays off once you get that groove goin. I want Tigris to get some love cause it's an amazing gun. It's a uncut diamond that needs love to bring out its potential, and I for one will love the ever loving forma out of it lol

How I see Tigris is an extreme burst-damage shotgun. If it's reload get too short, it's stops being a boomstick and turns into a Soma/Boltor Prime or whatever else.

Even Vectis can down 1 target from unlimited range every 1 second. Tigris's short range should allow it to down 2 targets per second, or one big target (extreme burst) per second.

Even if It did get a reload speed so drastically fast that it's a "reskin" soma or Boltor prime, the generic player will go for the one everybody uses and raves about anyways that it wouldn't even matter. A lot of warframe players lack style and go for whatever triggers easy mode the fastest. Tigris you actually gotta work at getting good with and pays off once you get that groove goin. I want Tigris to get some love cause it's an amazing gun. It's a uncut diamond that needs love to bring out its potential, and I for one will love the ever loving forma out of it lol

So? Tigris is workable but should get a buff to be more popular?  

I'm not going to say Tigris should absolutely never get any reload speed buffs. I will say however I am not convinced by your thought process over why Tigris needs a buff, especially not since I use my 5-star Tigris extensively to great success even with the current reload speed.

Even Vectis can down 1 target from unlimited range every 1 second. Tigris's short range should allow it to down 2 targets per second, or one big target (extreme burst) per second.

I don't see how Vectis' stats matters. The same can be said for a rather large amount of weapons. 

As for Tigris' range, I really wouldn't call it short, unless you are facing an enemy with so much health that you need to be point blank (the only one I've seen recently like that is a Corrupted Gunner level 38), most other enemies fold at medium range (even long range if your Tigris is strong enough). 

As for Tigris' kill-per-second stat, if Crowd Control really bothers you, slap in a Puncture (punch through) mod and suddenly the weapon is flat out broken. Maybe Vectis can shoot an enemy every second, but Tigris (and other shotguns) can shoot a crowd every other seconds, even without punch through. Punch through just makes it stronger against crowds. While Vectis (and 99% of the arsenal) can also use punchthrough, the sniper is still limited to a line of enemies, as opposed to Tigris' cone of death.  

Edited by Kinperor

I guess i'm wrong to think that way then.

i guess cause someone else says they dont need reload speed cause they use it just fine totally veto's my opinion

I didn't say your opinion was vetoed or even invalid. 

I said you're not convincing me. That's not the same thing. 

Why do i need to convince anything?

I'm just stating my opinion that it would be nice to have just a little more reload speed due to the fact that others can reload faster that said gun with pretty high DPS.

I have a 4 star Tigris and i manually reload which does pretty well.

Like i said in the title a "little" love. Im not asking for 6 rounds or double the damage, just a minor tweak. I appreciate DE working hard to balance as much as they can.

Tigris needs faster reload. 1.8 is terribly slow for a close quarters weapon. It would be much better with reload time around 1 second.

And one more thing. More damage.

I disagree with people saying that it doesn't need more damage. It does.

Actually, shotguns in general need some changes.

Damage falloff is way too strong, even after the recent fix. Shotguns lose a lot of their initial damage even when the target isn't too far away.

So, we need either more damage or reduced falloff. Both of these would be good.

I like Tigris a lot, it's fun to kill with it. But it's killing way too slow to be useful.