September 26Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

September 26th Community Hot Topics  

2,408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"What do you like least in an event? (can choose more than one)"

Probably the biggest thing that frustrates me about the events is the tedium.

With a hack & slash game like Warframe, tedium is part of the joy of playing, but when an event comes along there needs to be... more fun.

I'm going to say this bluntly... I don't want a challenge.

That's the thing that is so controversial. One of the things I loved about this game from the beginning was that everything was open to me! All I had to do was do it.

Need some of these resources? Go get'em!

Need these parts? Here they are!

I didn't have to really try hard or compete. We all worked together and played in a true co-op mentality. This made the game much more attractive than any pvp or grind-fest mmo.

I could play casually for short spans of time and feel involved!

So what would I suggest for an upcoming event?

Walk me through a story I can solo if need be.

Don't make me think too hard.

Give me something shiny when I finish so I can show everybody I was there when it happened.

I feel that Mastery Rank should influence more things in the game. My main reasons being the following

- As we all know, after a certain mastery level, it's only point really is status. This shouldn't be a thing. If there is going to be, (I think the known but not achievable level right now is 20) X number of levels of mastery, there should be a point towards going that far that isn't just for achievements or status. It needs to have real in-game changing incentive if it's going to exist. Other wise it will be widely neglected. Which I believe is already happening, simple as that. I've stopped at....15? or so, because I honestly can't stand another moment of grinding weapons that I'm not going to use in the game due to their current, non-viable states after a certain point in the game. 

- I don't see why it hasn't been used as a way to help stop new players from being mixed up with experienced players in RANDOM/PUBLIC matchmaking. The result of this matchmaking is the more experienced player(s) destroying the enemy and objective before the newer players even see it, then they just get a bad opinion of the game and quit as well. If you use mastery rank to keep newer and older players from clashing, you'll create incentive for players who want to play with those of their level, because they know that by ranking up, they'll be rewarded with a better high level playing experience, while the newer players will be given better learning experiences as the challenges they would have to face are no longer hindered by experienced players clearing them out for them. They're not going to learn if they don't solve their own problems. To note, I realize a guy who has mastery rank lvl 15 lets say, won't play as well as another guy with the same rank necessarily, but at least you won't have as much of a game knowledge and understanding gap.

- Giving mastery rank more purpose in general might extend the amount one can play this game before getting bored between updates. I'm sorry if that's offensive to say but right now the only end game content is Dark Sectors and they aren't suited to me at the moment so I'm left with hitting the grind.

Nekros Rework:

Ultimate Total Rework:  The zombie idea was cool but the implementation sucks and they are only line of sight blockers.  If you want to stay with the summon dead idea put a new model in the game for something that looks obviously dead like a Zombie, Messed up Ancient or something and it is a toggle skill.  Toggle it on and the friendly summoned ally fights for you.  It draws aggro once every 30 seconds.  Its melee attacks could heal a percentage of your life via soul tap and it has a aoe knockdown from a feral type roar effect.  Tons of useless glowing mobs sucks, so make the model look cool and not glow.

Desecrate:  This is fine but should really focus more on farming mods and resources.  The orbs are nice but make the game no challenge.  Desecrate is a good build for us veterans to have some fun maxing out all the mods and crafting gear items.  Desecrate works and I am sorry if anyone is annoyed at it but I find every AoE damage ability more offensive since you can spam them and delete the room.  Desecrate helps the party and should remain effective farming solo and grouped.

Terrify:  Huge AoE needed, work more like Raksa Kubrow fear ability.  A good add one to this ability should be a dispell on all Status effects for your team in a certain range.  Makes it utility and dual-useful.

Soul Punch:  Either up the damage to 1-shot 1-kill or rework.  Useless as is other than fun factor for 1 mission.

Events:

Sling Stone was fun and it was your first, the reward Primed Chamber was a bit rediculous only being rewarded to the top bros and that sucks a lot.  This one mod focuses so much hate on DE it should be brought back soon.  The Sling-Stone event was fun in that you were searching for a new enemy, it was not in your face so it focused a little on exploration, although it was heavily exploited and Primed Chamber went to those folks.

Survival Event:  Would be fun again if we can remove the boring oxygen requirement or some other method of survival.  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE LOTUS ADD IN TRUE SURVIVAL MODE.  A mode where we can go in against constant enemies until we do not survive anymore.  Make it 1 revive or no revives to balance it out if you fear people actually having fun and leveling to max in 1 mission which is the only reason to add any mechanic to survival besides harder and harder enemies.  Also on this mode allow mods to be automatically added to inventory since you can't pick em up when you die.

Edited by Nickeltoe

On cosmetics: I like the pretty ones and the spirit of those available in game through effort (rakta/primes). (I also liked the stat helms which are not returning)

on login rewards: place xp rewards into inventory for when we want to use the reward. also having the reward system give out 1 plat on top of another reward would please me because one of my friends needed two more plat to buy something.

Desecrate fix: If a nekros completes a non-endless mission with more than 75 energy the rewards table rolls for rewards an additional time and gives all players that bonus reward.

the worst of events: events are rare due to how hard they are to make; making procedural events that give away an old event weapon as a blueprint and little bits of lore would be optimal.

I like how the last question is like Sheldon knows both are messed up, mods are more important because mods cans ruin voids runs as often as not getting the part you wanted

1.- kubrows need armor, and elemental damage attachments *_*

2.- soul punch its lame... idk, shadows of the dead minions could have better AI and escalation of damage according to the warframes power force, desecrate need a 100% chance of drop something (like ammo, energy orbs, or affinity) its unrewarding desecrating all the things without having at least something.

3.-mastery rank should be needed to acces to planets, also offering affinity boost to formaed weapons/warframes. something like a talent tree or so

4.- MOAR LORE!! and put civilians in missions, so you can have the feeling of fighting for something because right now we are just being jerks to villains who oppress intangible people.

There should definitely be some kind of reward for mastery rank past 8 other than an extra extractor or an extra slot for a warframe set.

some kind of skin or a badge or something would be great. something that stands out and says I have put in the work. The current rewards aren't really worth the trouble IMO.

Nekros NEEDS an upgrade/rework,

why not make shadows of the dead put a "curse" on enemies that deals DoT and if they die while cursed they respawn as clones that fight on your side? Having decoy prime for 100 energy with half a minute casting time is not viable at all. In a game that is as fast-paced as Warframe where you are busy running half a kilometer in 5 seconds, killing everything with your 360 degree 30 meter range smartbomb with unlimited uses and enemies that can only dangerous if they outnumber you by at least 200 clones that are slow as hell and dont deal damage just dont do it, im sorry.

Soul punch needs free targeting, the shockwave could be tactically very useful when placed on the ground close to some enemies, make it a target AoE with maybe 3 meters range that pushes enemies away and deals like 300-500 impact damage, the current targeting with this skill is horrible.

Terrify just needs the enemy limit removed, the armor debuff can come in quite handy at times and its a nice panic button due to the fast casting time and 360 degree radius.

And now, desecrate, I dont really know what to do with that skill, maybe also make it put a light DoT/ debuff (slow or decreased damage) on enemies around you, and if they die they will drop more loot (or at least have a chance to do so), like this nekros gets some offense value like a true death frame and can support his team at the same time.

I would also really like to see a lifedrain skill for him, damaging enemies and healing your team. Just make him more than everyones loot-*@##$(im sorry for this, but unfortunately this is a fact) PLEASE.

Mastery Rank:

I have always thought that mastery rank is sort of poorly named - getting to level 30 with a weapon does not take much time and there are many weapons that i have leveled to mastery 30 that I do not feel I have "mastered" (the number of people who routinely commit Penta-Angstrum-Ogricide with their level 30, high powered explosive weapons suggest that I am not alone in this). In contrast, I have always favoured akbolto as my sidearm of choice, and feel that I am now, at mastery 17 (have had this weapon since mastery level 1) I am very well versed in efficient use of that weapon and acquainted with its disadvantages (I have learned how to effectively "lead" enemies to hit them when they are moving at a distance) and its strategic advantages (learned how to position myself maximally in order to stack up enemies for maxed wall-pinned mob stacks).  

"Mastery" should be the experience you earn post-level 30 that feeds into the Focus system. Perhaps this experience ought to be called "True Mastery" or something, and THAT "true mastery" should confer some of the cosmetics or bonuses that you discuss (custom idle animations with that weapon, for example). 

Nekros:

Nekros is currently my most used frame according to my profile. I currently use none of his abilities except for Desecrate (I used to use Terrify, but my build to maximize Desecrate power makes Terrify much less useful and therefore not worth the slot). This means that most of the time I am playing WF, I am playing using only one ability. Even more depressingly, I don't particularly like Nekros, but Desecrate is useful for grinding (rare stances, etc.) that I feel compelled to use him on the strength of Desecrate alone.

So I strongly agree that Soul Punch and Shadows of the Dead in particular need an upgrade. That way, when DE finally releases those promised Universal Ability mods, and one of them is Desecrate (please, for the love of the Lotus DE!), there will still be some reason to use Nekros. Not for me, but for the, ahem, Nekropheliacs out there. 

This is just my opinion but I think a mastery rank restriction should affect every gun just for the fact that theoretically it would make it easier to balance the power of guns so everyone doesn't keep saying buff this weak one and nerf this strong one.  As most people know in games everyone is going to go for the strongest weapon so another nerf on the strongest and people will just go to the next one.

Example is a Mastery Rank 4 gun will be better than MR 0-3 if not then it needs a buff but if it gets stronger then a MR 5 gun it needs a nerf.

Aubot Mastery Rank influencing more things in the game ...

I am not a fan of Mastery Rank locking stuff from players. Its has no real benefit and lets face it only because a weapon has a higher lock it is not necessarily better (sometimes even below average).

I am however quite fond of the idea of the masteryrank having a real meaning besides "how many shiniez have you leveled and left in the dust ?"

But yet again it should never hold back players which are just happy with what they have and are only Rank 5 or 6. I have no idea what that could be but the approach of giving more extractor drones to higher players is a nice idea. It is not exclusive to a masteryrank but is enhanced by a higher Rank.

I think its nicer than saying " We wont let you play our game with the weapon you crafted and farmed for because you havent played the game we want you to play enough!" It just seems a little paradoxic ...

thebrainbrain

That's true maybe instead of weapons and frames locked behind mastery (since they can just be harder to find like a hard quest to unlock a frame and its signature gear, like 5 or 6 quests with lore of the frame and weapons your getting from the quests).

As I said in my first post (7th post (6th if you don't count Drew's opening post) on the first page) that contains my feedback on the hot topics, I believe that anything that is rewarded by levelling up your mastery  rank should be cosmetic like a badge that changes as you level up mastery,  I remember someone posted that the badges should look like the emblems in the achievements section that you unlock as you rank up or maybe have some armour sets that people gain as they level up mastery rank.

But I don't think we should have a weapon or frame mastery locked at 10 or higher, to force people who either like the theme or look of those item to be forced to grind through hundreds of other items they don't like just to get it.

Having a very high mastery rank should be more of a choice than required, you can go higher for the cosmetic stuff if you want but your not locked out of any weapons, frames or anything that directly affects game-play.

Edited by NovusNova

Mastery Ranks rewards:

Could be one 'THAT PART' event. 

Getting a mastery level could allow the player to choose one of 'anything'. 

Example: Event weapons blueprints (wraith bp), rare (brakk/detron) blueprints/parts, prime blueprints/parts, catalysts, reactors, x10 rare resources (forma/orokin cell/neurodes/etc). Cosmetics from events would have BPs available too.

Player should be allowed to accumulate points and use later. 

Login Rewards should give you things according to your gear level, and it also should scale more than just 7 days in a row.

I suppose that Mastery Rank should unlock more late-game options - perhaps some minigames, Liset and character customization.

Necros' Soul Punch should be able to target victims in more different situations, for example, Arctic Eximus may get knocked down through their shield.

Probably the worst thing ever in the events are BUGS. Each event brings some issues that could combine whith minor unfixed bugs, creating a sistem of complicated errors. Unfortunatly, current update rate doesn't let Tech Support to fix all of them.

I'am pretty sure that Warframe needs more Conflict Event like Gradivus Dilemma. But instead of forcing players to grind one mission for rewards it is better to let players fight on different fronts, it will become a lot more dynamic and less disturbing.

I hope my opinion is valuable, at least for someone.

Mastery rank is something I take pride in. Although I would like something that shows off my experience a little better(aka, badge orsyandana that changes with rank, or even an exclusive color picker that has sparkly bits) I would much prefer to be better geared to help newer players with farming. Implementing graduated drop chances for mastery rank AND conclaive would make this possible give a reason for farming for hours upon hours. Some players only want to get that one dream loadout, others have bigger dreams and could use that little bit of help.

Mastery rank is something I take pride in. Although I would like something that shows off my experience a little better(aka, badge orsyandana that changes with rank, or even an exclusive color picker that has sparkly bits) I would much prefer to be better geared to help newer players with farming. Implementing graduated drop chances for mastery rank AND conclaive would make this possible give a reason for farming for hours upon hours. Some players only want to get that one dream loadout, others have bigger dreams and could use that little bit of help.

There is a sigil coming out that changes with your Mastery Rank.

*shiftyeyes*

*pokes head in*

Hunting those supply caches was a lot of fun, especially since it was exploration/secrets hunting that actually gave halfway decent rewards for once. More stuff like that, please. That's all.

*frolics away*

I  started playing a couple of days after the xbox1 release so i don't have too much to say on most of these topic. Currently my only issues are bugs, getting the parts for the prime i want, making a stronger build, collecting resources, voids, and not dying. I'm sure that by the end of next month i'll have a lot more to say.