Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Drew

September 26Th: Community Hot Topics!

September 26th Community Hot Topics  

2,408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PLEASE MAKE KUBROW COSMETICS DE!

WE NEED DOGGY ARMOR AND SCARVES (some type of kubrow syandana) detachable manes would be awesome!

MY PLATINUM IS WAITING!

So.

Here we are!

Nekros in my opinion does not need a rework as a whole.

My suggestions on this matter would be to have Terrify fear targets in place instead of having them run away.

Desecrate had been working well aside from very recently. It doesn't seem to get all my targets as it did before. 
My suggestion for this ability remains the same. I'd like to see a toggle ability instead of having to hit 3 all day long.
And being able to move while casting would be cool too.

SoTD Needs a buff to AI. Perhaps we could tie this ability in with soul punch?
Soul punched targets that are consequently killed by this ability become part of your 'army of the dead' 
a counter to display how many souls you've acquired would also be helpful , so the player knows how many of the mobs he will be spawning.

Drop table dilution is ultra-evident especially now with the release of Nyx Prime and new prime weapons.
It has become incredibly frustrating to farm for certain parts or mods. 
I can understand that you want to keep us hooked to the game.
But i do not believe this is the way to do it.
In fact , it's had quite the opposite effect.
I've lost just about 90% of my friends that would accompany me in void runs.
It's simply too repetitive and a kick in the junk to receive void keys while running one by itself. 
Or a single orokin cell. >.> *table flip* !*()@#!
You can't tell from this screenshot but after 40 minutes in survival we received 4 T3 exterminate keys.
Void keys should remain a farm component STRICTLY OUTSIDE of the void.

1782285_10154671914355571_57043465344762

I'd like to see some sort of token system or at least some method to ensure i get parts or mods i need and want over stuff i already have.
For example i could trade X blueprint times 4 for Y blueprint that i require.

I believe the mod drops are in better shape than the void drop tables. However , both are in need of attention.

I do not like the idea that players can trade pretty much for anything in the game nowadays. 

It breaks the idea (at least my idea...) of warframe.

One should enjoy playing while seeking new parts and mods.

Not just drop into trade and flip their wallets open.

Anyway , that's my two cents.

Ya can I get my kubrow to wear the carved up face of the most powerful enemy it's killed?

I'll carve the enemies level into the face's forehead.

Nekros:

We discussed Excalibur in depth during the last Community Hot Topics, but many other Warframes are also frequently hot topics in the community, so lets highlight some community topics on Nekros this week. Nekros has been a hot topic for a long time (especially Desecrate). We’ve included a poll above to get a sense of how players feel about Nekros and his abilities. Please, vote to see what your fellow players think and provide your own opinion. There are a lot of community topics about many different warframes, so we can continue to highlight a warframe in each Community Hot Topics, if there is enough interest from the community. 

NEKROS

Nekros whole "necromancer" theme is popular with many though has a few different versions of what folks expect from it.

So I will look to improve upon the way he functions based on how he works in game while grafting in some of the more popular versions of the "necromancer" theme where appropriate. As it is right now his role is somewhat passive-to increase loot drops (after enemies die) and look for moments to unleash his shadows of the dead (which keeps him out of the fray). 

To improve Nekros we need to look for a way to increase his direct impact on combat while not loosing his particular utility-

So I suggest (not counting the actual damage numbers) the following.

1: Give desecrate a "corpse explosion" like effect. That means that corpses hit by desecrate explode causing damage to the enemies nearby.

2: For Teriify, Make terrified enemies cower in place or stumble around a little instead of full on running away as that would make them easier to actually kill instead of chasing. Also give terrify a secondary effect....like terrified enemies create a smaller, terrify like aoe when they die. Meaning their death with scare nearby enemies if timed right, allowing a player to chain CC enemy groups if they are smart.  

3: Make the minions from shadows of the dead prioritize and do additional damage to enemies effected by Terrify.

This will create more synergy in his abilities.

EXCALIBUR

Oh and I have been so busy I forgot to comment on Excalibur last time or read what people have suggested so forgive me if what i say next has already been suggested.

Excalibur's identity is the both simple and important. He is the poster boy for the game, a common beginner choice and an all arounder.

Exact damage and stat numbers aside... his primary flaw is super jump. A move that is largely situation and even then somewhat lackluster.

Originally, over a year ago, it granted him unparalleled vertical mobility compared to other frames and later it made him sort of the second best at vertical mobility but is now greatly eclipsed by several other frames. At the same time his potential second place in vertical mobility could be something worth keeping.

So what we need to do is effectively replace super jump with something else yet not take away it's potential utility.  

The answer..a power I will call- Exceed -

A super like mode that Excalibur toggles on. While active Excaliber jumps higher, runs faster, and regenerates health and sheilds faster but doing so burns energy. Note: doesn't run as fast as volts blur, doesn't jump as high as zephyrs tailwind....more of a second best at many things but not the best at anything style of gameplay.

This fits in well with Excalibur's role as the all arounder as well as promotes players learning to excel on the "basics" of warframes movement.

Also, radial javelin should pierce through small obstructions and hand held shields. 

re: login rewards, i feel like the XP and credit caches should be turned into 30-minute to 2-hour boosters? it'd help give some incentive to play the game, rather than just log in > grab reward > log out

re: mastery rank, first off we need certain ridiculously powerful weapons locked behind higher ranks. beyond that, free equipment slots at milestone ranks might be welcome? not sure about retroactively adding those, considering most high-rank players already have huge inventory space

re: nekros, i've already formulated what i think should be done with him here (cough shameless self-promotion)

mastery rank could affect what level you are in clan , hub priority, or making a room in dojo where you can launch mastery rank missions you have completed and different obstacle courses you can run with your mastery rank as ones you can select

Nekros- soul punch needs to do damage to more than one enemy , by doing whatever damage it does to selected enemy to nearby enemies

Terrify- should not make enemies run away but freeze in their tracks like being hit with an overload by volt

Shadows of the Dead should turn enemies into shadows and make their weapons do no damage while players can do multiplier damage 

Gradivus Dilemma is one of my favorites, but the grind was too heavy. The idea of being in the middle of a spaceship invasion, lore, dynamic faction territory, greedy-milk. It's what gave me the final nudge to upgrade my founder status ;)

That said, I really enjoyed other events like Tethra's Doom and Specter's of Liberty too.

Accessories:

Scarves are best. :D  I don't like almost all the armor parts that have been released because they don't look like ARMOR, which must be form fitting/well integrated to look like they are really protecting, but the diversity in frame sizes and shapes means tightly fitted armor isn't easy. You'd have to dynamically morph the meshes. Badges are kind of hard to see. I already have a bajillion colors to pick from. Sentinel cosmetics have historically been very hit or miss in that they have poor intercompatibility (too many combinations end up looking really stupid) but I'd be okay with more attempts.  Warframe skins...highly subjective. Most of them I don't like, but the ones I like (Nyx immortal!) are amazing. You haven't even touched crowns. Kubrow cosmetics is an area that you haven't even touched yet either;  want kubrow armor.

luc2-300x244.jpg

$T2eC16dHJI!E9qSO9%29KFBQVsc4UVgQ~~60_35

ba6.jpg

Login Rewards:
My recommendation for login rewards would be to make it a point-based reward accrual system.

When you log in for the day you get  7 "Favor of the Lotus" points. Plus 1 point per day per consecutive login day (8 on day 2, 9 on day 3), up to a maximum of 14 per day if you have logged in regularly for a week.

These Favor points are used in a special area of the Marketplace to trade for things like short-term boosters, credits, fusion core packs, platinum discounts, blueprints, and possibly even more permanent rewards like special cosmetics ("Mark of the Devoted" badge?)

This makes the entire system non-random, gives players a choice of what they actually want, and more clearly rewards players for signing in regularly.

Mastery Rank:

Give players a wad of credits or some fusion cores for reaching new mastery? 2-hour booster. Maybe an assortment of "essential" mods for the lower ranks. You give out "damaged" versions of Vitality, Serration etc for tutorial, maybe newbies should get not-damaged ones for ranking up a few times.

In general I feel like mastery rank in itself, not the ranking up, needs to count for more.

Easy one to justify is handing out some cosmetics for mastery rank; every 5 ranks you get something new. A new sugatra or badge for reaching rank 5, a distinct scarf or armor part with some kind of animation for reaching 15.

Mastery rank is SUPPOSED to allow you access to better equipment, but that idea has been so long abandoned that it's a joke now. The highest requirement in the game is only 8, which isn't terribly high, and most of the best weapons are lower than that.  Rather than try and spackle over it after the fact and lock people out of stuff they have already earned, just start introducing some new amazing stuff that has high mastery requirements. New weapons, maybe. New special sentinels? New mods?

(That would tie in especially nicely with unique mods being rewarded for mastering specific warframes.  So regular Vitality gives +440% of base health, but reaching rank 30 with Trinity (the healer) gives you a Master's Vitality might give +500% of base health plus increase pickup amount from health orbs, or add a weak form of regeneration. Reaching rank 30 on Frost might give you a Master's Retribution that triggers a PBAOE cold explosion whenever your shields go down, and mastering Rhino might give you a Master's Rush that gives a damage reduction bonus while you sprint.)

The resource gathering mechanic is not useful. High mastery players are overflowing with basic resources, and due to the randomness they can get more of a rare resource in an evening of targeted farming than resource gathering would give them in a month.  Far more useful would be to allow every player to deploy three gathering drones, and let us pick what specific thing they should try to gather, with a large speed bonus to completion based on mastery rank.

Hesitant to go really crazy with bonuses for mastery level since last we heard, the Focus system is still heavily based on it. Depending how awesome that is, it may make every other bonus related to mastery redundant.

Nekros:

Every aspect of his abilities needs an overhaul.  My thoughts have not changed relative to

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/186410-if-i-were-going-to-overhaul-nekros-this-is-what-i-would-do/

In-Game Events:

Which is my favorite part varies by event.  I like that it's a clever way to introduce new game modes (especially looking forward to general introduction of Excavation, and the possibilities of mid-mission void gating opens up some amazing possibilities), but not all events have been about this.  I like Lore. Eventually it's all gonna make sense. But not all events have really added new lore.  I like new weapons (in concept), but not all event weapons have been worth using past mastery fodder.  Probably the thing that has been most useful from events with the best payoff and lasting value, has been mods; would encourage more "mechanics-based" mods to be tied to events, like Aviator (but better than Aviator which itself is terrible).

I haven't felt that any event has been particularly grindy to complete since Gradivus, they can be completed in a single evening with friends, maybe two or three days if you're going solo.

The difficulty of events has been kind of all over the board though.  I am not a fan of "fake difficulty". Like taking away 90% of our frame's survivability AND abilities at the same time or making level 10 enemies do damage like level 50 ones.....  No. Stop that.

Concentration versus Dilution, gamewide:

Prime parts are by far a bigger pain in the butt.  Mods can be farmed from the solar map. You'll get all the common ones...commonly, rare mods can be targeted, nightmare mods come from nightmare missions. There are only a very few mods (frex gleaming talon) that have been as hard to get as some prime parts.  Mods also can be used individually;  you may not having gleaming talon, but your glaive will still WORK without it.

Void farming is a pain in the backside because you not only need a void key, you need a specific KIND of void key, you need to do the mission, only to learn that the actual drop chance for the thing you're looking for is 1 in 50.... And you need every single part for any of them to be useful.

I strongly encourage brainstorming on key transmutation, easier void access, normalizing drop tables so all possible rewards from a mission are equally likely, or even dismantling prime parts to get materals to make other prime parts.   Something needs to be done for people's continued sanity.  The logjam of relentless unluck affects my will to play the game strongly every time you release new prime sets.  At this very moment I have 4 out of 5 parts needed for Hikou Prime, 2 out of 3 parts for Scindo Prime.  >:(

I'd just like to see mastery.........do something. Right now, the benefit of being mastery x if x>8 is virtually un-existent.

Nekros needs to stop being labeled as a walking life support, or a farming tool:

-Soul punch is very ineffective, needs a bigger area of effect.

-Terrify, needs its limit cap removed.

-Desecrate, now this is a sore spot because it's just a second roll of RNG. Makes you feel bad for not using it (loot, life support, mats, etc) and also makes you feel bad to use it (333333333 - spam the entire game) honestly i don't know what to think about it.

- SoTD, needs more aggro, allow you and allies to shoot through them.

Mastery Ranks:

-Focus might flesh this out more so I'm not going to suggest anything until I see more of whats to come.

-Rewards for master Rank test is nice, there were posts I've read previously on what kind of rewards should be dealt out. It'll certainly make it alot better than just a number tagged to you name.

Accessories:

-armor is hands down my favorite cosmetic item (sadly Tagaris armor is locked away in PA)

-Kubrow cosmetics ?! =D my plat is ready DE.

-weapon cosmetics, besides sagarutas? i wish there were some "gun" cosmetics besides skins.

Events:

-Lore is a great thing and is always welcomed in any shape or form.

-Encouraged team play is great as well, probably why the cryotic event was such a success.

-I'm okay with repeating objectives (I mean I was completely desensitized by repeated survival and defense runs soooo...) but new enemies to fight that have specific mechanics to defeat will definitely spice up the battle. (And no i do not consider being 10 kilometers away from an energy draining enemy a worth while mechanic)

Friends dont let friends suffer like Nekros has been suffering for the past year. Help him pls.

Also here are my nekros suggestions

Nekros- 

Soul Punch- Just make the skill area of effect wider so it can hit multiple enemies  at once.  The skill would be in a cone that gets wider the farther awat enemies are. Reduce energy cost

Terrify- Change the skill from enemies fleeing to enemies being frozen in place for like 3 seconds and their accuracy being lowered by like 50% for awhile after they are able to move as a side effect of being so terrified. 

Desecrate - Make it an aura and make it actually effect all corpses in range and not weirdly miss something 2ft away. Rarity increased by power strength

SoD- Change it to randomly select up to 4 spirits (depends on rank of course) to summon out of a limited pool of strong enemies. This makes it so the skill can be used whenever and you wont get stuck with some scrub enemies summons. Can pull from any faction. Their damage and health/shields effected by power strength. Also reduces clutter on screen and for teammates.

Currently, how mastery ranks operate, they are little more than a brag tag that grants you some more trades a day and a few weapons.

I REALLY do want Focus to be heavily reliant on Mastery. Make it something to strive for, make it something that directly affects your overall abilites, make it something that, especially us veteran players who aren't current maximum mastery, players will want to complete.

Perhaps this can be as simple as adding 17 focus points at Rank 17?

If it's going to be heavily reliant on mastery, then the system in and of itself needs changed entirely. The fine poster I snipped below made some fantastic points that I wholeheartedly concur with. 

-snip-

Like Novus, I want a mastery system that isn't about grinding weapons that I never wanted to use or that I'm not even remotely interested in/know I won't enjoy. 

Proper mastery needs to be about accomplishing various feats and accomplishing things with various Frames and perhaps accomplishments within a specific category of weapon to get mastery points. 

That being said though? The player should be able to do what they enjoy to reach MR 17 and then to 30, at the same pace the hardcore weapon level grinders can do now, but without feeling forced into doing things in the game they really won't enjoy. 

When you guys can make the Mastery system work in this way, as an enjoyable part of the game rather than a relentlessly grindy one, then Mastery as a concept will have succeeded and can then be implemented into other ideas like you focus system Steve, which DOES sound interesting. 

With regards to cosmetic Items I really like the armors, Syandanas etc.  But we really need to get some fixes to the clipping and placement issues we currectly have with many of them, some of these issues have been around for a long time(Yamako Syandana clipping into butts for example).  I really love the look of the Prime Syandanas, and I am kicking myself for passing up on both while they were available.  I'd also like to see helmets with stats come back, the more we can get to provide more varied builds the better. 

Should there be rewards for completing mastery rank tests?

Absolutely not.  Passing the tests already allows you to unlock weapons/frames.  It gives you loadouts(and yes I realize those are pretty much pointless).  You also get more active drone slots.  I realize this isn't much yet, but I think we will get more stuff, like when the focus system gets introduced.  But I know where people are going with this, they want free handouts, slots and potatoes etc., and I see that as a horrible Idea.  Yes you may need plat for slots, but you can earn that with the trading system, or you know, by supporting the game you are liking enough to want more slots.  If we get anything for passing the tests than it has to be things like maybe rare resources.  Or if in the worst case scenario DE decides to give out slots or something they need to be seriously restricted. 

Should mastery rank influence more things in the game?

Yes but I don't want it to give out freebies.  From what I understand when we get the Focus system that will tie in to the rank system, so I am looking forward to that.  I also think there are many weapons that need to have their mastery rank requirement increased(cough, prime weapons, cough).  The lack of influence of mastery ranks is one of several reason I have really been wanting the Focus system, and I have to say I am really disappointed it keeps getting delayed.  The mastery system needs to be something "more", but its hard for me to say exactly what. 

Which Nekros abilities need a revision?

Terrify: it just isn't worth using, it isn't effective enough.  Currently it is far more worth it to just build a Nekros for Desecrate and/or shadows. 

Shadows of the Dead:  The biggest problem with this one is making desecrate effective ruins Shadows of the Dead and its effectiveness.  Also the cast time is horrible for such a squishy frame. 

What was your favorite Event?

At first I was going to say Cryotic Front, because it was awesome.  But, then I thought way back to the events we had when it was possible for the community to fail the event and have negative consequences, I would love to see that return.  I remember there was an issue that the event could end before the allotted time, and I am guessing that is why DE moved away from it.  But it seems like that would be easy to deal with by letting the missions for the event to run to the set time, even if the event goal was reached early. 

In your opinion, are you more concerned about mod drop tables or prime gear tables?

Mod drop tables, they are far, FAR more important than prime gear tables.  Prime gear, just like all gear, won't be effective without mods, so it is pretty clear what is more important. 

My opinion on mastery rank is we need to lock some more of the current weapons and warframes behind some mastery ranks. I.E. the Boltor Prime should be put behind 8 if thats the highest you will go with locking things. Its not like the prime access is around for people who arent rank 8 to buy it anymore. And even if somebody did buy it from prime access and they arent  the right mastery, let them keep using it. But otherwise, lock it to something else for everybody.

Mastery locked gear needs to happen more often so you feel like you earned something, and so some of the more powerful stuff isnt so widely used.

I hope that Warframe's "boring" grind gets reduced, grind is alright, specially in the case of the breeding grounds event where the enemies became stronger and stronger.

Also, more infested events = better, they're probably the less boring faction in the game.

Since the Grineer Caches were introduced in Gate Crash, I believe those would be fit to put Void Keys in and remove them entirely from Void mission reward drop tables.

Because after 20+ T1 Captures yielding nothing but T1-2 keys is plain ridiculous.

The Mastery system, as it stands, has very little influence on actual gameplay, aside from locking certain "high tier" weapons and gear.  While this is an good start, I feel that Mastery should have a greater impact on the way Tenno perform on the battlefield.

The proposed Focus system is an excellent example of how Mastery might influence gameplay.  It might also be interesting to offer bonuses to stats, interactions, or gear use that can be chosen at the end of each challenge.  This would help players to create a sort of base stat line, or series of small bonus stats that remain with their character regardless of the Frame they choose.  In effect, by gaining Mastery, the player could begin to make choices that shape the character within their Warframe.

Well since two of the things I voted in need explanation here we go!

Mastery rank I feel should have more effect in engaging in lore, weapons, and warframe. Honestly at mastery rank 15, and 30 we should be engaged in some pretty epic stuff, and our rank should become like a reputation recognized by the AI enemies, and friendlies alike. Creating special dialogue, and unique missions/events.

As for things I don't like in an event. I liked all the things shown in that vote spectrum, but the one thing I didn't like was what Cryotic did to us. That event was too long. People have to take bathroom breaks, and eat, and live a life. None of the other events hindered us from doing that. I mean 3000 points for a skin, and gun? That is absurd! Not to mention far too difficult. I can handle being weakened like in Gate Crash. It was fun, and I can handle doing hundreds of missions like in Gradivus Dilemma that was exhilarating! A REAL thrill! However never again should an event be sitting around protecting stuff FOREVER just for some stuff.

My biggest problem with Mastery Ranks is that even though i'm MR 17,  there is nothing really exclusive to being said rank.  Something that has been mentioned many times before is that once you get to Rank 8 you can get anything you want in the game.

Another problem is also the non-existent separation between MR's.  This game has tons of weapons yet only a dozen or so have a required MR; warframes are even worse with Rhino being the only one.  To me this would really help with giving the title of  veteran more meaning in Warframe. 

I want a sprinkle for every Nekros thread I find  and 5 sprinkles for every day a Nekros thread is on the 1st page.

Reciprocity - Giving lots of rewards would mean the player giving back on greater quantities(this is not the exact definition), so giving rewards is never a bad idea.

On:

Login Rewards: The paradox about login rewards is that to get something I want, like platinum discounts, I actually have to not play the game for a while: the carousel is too big otherwise. That, if nothing else, needs to be fixed.

Mastery: Mastery can, and should, become a way of judging how far you are through the game, and how good of a player you are. Perhaps more powerful weapons, like the Boltor Prime, need a very high Mastery Rank, so we know that the player deserves a god-mode gun.

Nekros: I've never played Nekros, and rarely seen people using him, but... what exactly is his role? Because it seems like Desecrate is the only viable ability in endgame. The other abilities are fine, but no one needs to use them because they picked Nekros for a reason. Also, Terrify. I don't think it's a very good idea for an ability unless it's got a pretty nasty range and duration.

Events: Doing the same objective is kinda dull. Multiple objectives, and even a motive to stay longer, are good things. I dug into hollows I never knew existed in Gate Crash and I'm glad I did.

Mods: Alrightay. Two of the biggest issues with Warframe under the spotlight. 

Now me, I have no Prime stuff and no desire to farm it, so if we can only fix one issue at a time I'm going with mods. I am tired of wanting Continuity of Intensify or Rifle Aptidue or one of those rad channeling mods and getting Tail Wind and Pressure point.

Probably the best fix for now is to not reward abilities if the player doesn't have that Warframe, or has that ability maxed. From there, we can make Rare mods on Rare enemies Uncommon or Common on Rare enemies, or something like that. Once the mod issue - a big one indeed - is fixed? We do the token thing or whatever, maybe sell the parts for a particular selection of similar-tier Prime bits, I don't know.

Accessories

I love are the complete remodels like proto-excal or manticore skin.

Login Rewards:

know what would be cool free slots for login rewards and if you have all your gear max when you login now it wont give me exp.

Mastery Rank:

slots would be an amazing reward; But i really think it should stay status i really hate players who only invite ppl with X mastery or X conclave!

Nekros:

shadow of the dead should pull more aggro and synergies with other skills.

soul punch should not lock you in place when cast and when used on your shadows it insta kills it then it gives nekros a buff (speed and armor) so you could play nekros assorted ways.

terrify should affect your dead by giving them more time(once) and armor.

desecrate should stay as it is and also give attack buff to living Undead  based on how much enemy's you desecrate.

so you make him a proper pet class that makes his sucky ulti to something that is new and interesting mechanics

In-Game Events:

instead of repeating the same thing over and over what about every objective is different. With no repeating lines as you progress through the event the npcs would tell a story and your the center. the last mission would be you doing an objective then said npc coming out with a big boss fight.

Concentration versus Dilution, gamewide:

remove cores from the tower rewards and the keys should be put in every map inside the grinner caches or corpus. but keep the t4 in interception.

My views on these topics:

Favorite cosmetic item: No opinion. Usually I focus on upgrades and gear instead.

------------------

Login Rewards:

Login Rewards are completely broken and most of the time, a slap in the face. 90% is garbage sentinel experience or experience for something at maxed level, and even then it's only 2400 (most noob missions give more experience). The only more insulting things I can think of in login rewards would be an unresponsive UI or a Grustrag Bolt as a reward. Currently, the first tier login reward is much more likely to be useful than even a third-tier login reward.

How to fix login rewards:

Make everything useful. I would recommend removing experience rewards completely or changing them to 1-hour experience boosters.

Login rewards need more item blueprints (particularly discontinued items) and void keys as "common" rewards. Formas need to be more common. Catalysts/Reactors can remain rare.

An alternate solution is to remove the RNG entirely: Give reward points: 1 point for the first 3 days, 2 points for the next 3 days, 3 points after that. These points could be redeemed for rewards.

------------------

Mastery Ranks: rewards and effects

IMO the mastery rank system is broken in terms of progressions and it should remain as it is. Instead of mastery rank rewards, there could be more mission rewards or normal rewards instead.

Mastery rank influencing more things in-game? No. While I have mastery rank 10, I believe that Warframe needs to be more newbie-friendly. Mastery rank tests can be frustrating, and requiring them for even more things in games will only mean more frustrated new players.

Instead of mastery rank, there should be something similar to the Paragon level system in Diablo 3 where affinity/experience points over maximum can be spent on small stat upgrades.

-------------

Events:

What do I like most in an event? New rewards and mission types mostly. Power creep (see also: infested) has been so bad lately that I'm not even looking forward to any new enemies because they will probably be broken and imbalanced. Balance existing enemies before adding new ones.

What do I despise in an event? Rampant discrimination against solo players. Cicero Crisis, Tethra's Doom, Sling-Stone, Breeding Grounds, Cryotic Front, Gate-Crash - are effectively infeasible for solo players.

Out of the list of "favorite events" in the poll: my favorite is the Gradivus Dilemma. Good rewards, invasion mechanic where nodes can change alignment, and solo-friendly.

---------------

What needs fixing more badly: mod drops or prime gear parts? I would say they are all badly imbalanced.

There are a few mods that have never dropped for me. I remember before mods were made specific to enemy types, any enemy could drop any mod. This meant that new mods would keep dropping instead of the same old crap. Now, a third of Grineer mod drops are garbage Tail Wind. The only good mods from Void enemies are Infected Clip and rares.

That isn't the biggest insult. With all the new enemies introduced recently, you would think the drop tables could be rebalanced. Give Infested fartspreys a good chance to drop Contagious Spread. Give desert/forest Grineer incredibly different drop tables from other Grineer. Instead, the drop tables continue to be the same old garbage.

Prime gear tables are also badly broken - the higher the tier of the void mission, the worse the drops. Recently, I did a tier 3 void survival for 20 minutes - the rewards were 2 rare fusions, 1 uncommon fusion (wtf?), and a Forma blueprint. I would even say that tier 1 void survival rewards are preferable because the non-20 minute rewards are mostly void keys.

Meanwhile, most tier 1 void missions drop mostly void keys.

Oh, Shadows of the Dead rework suggestion:

Besides having all the shadows be transient for players (where they can walk through each other) and maybe making them respawn near the Nekros if they get a certain distance away from him.

How about giving the Nekros the option to posses any of the shadows he spawns where he then takes on the health+shields+armor+weapons+damage+abilities+size stats of the shadow and if the shadow dies then nekros gets kicked back out or maybe some penalty like losing a percent of his total health, shields, and or energy. 

Or has that been proposed before?