Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bastille

SlayerOfHate

Could you make Bastille more effective and change it to work a little like Nova Molecular Prime.

I like that we can hold a maximum of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 enemies but could you make that the other enemies' speed will be decreased or that for the balance the Overextended mod will speed up them ?

Buuut the entire point of Bastille is to immobilize a set of targets so they can't fight back. If you need CC, throw down another Bastille, or if there's a much larger collection of enemies throw down a Vortex in the center of the group or in their path. 

All Vauban needs is a buff to his Tesla grenades, they're quite bad right now and need their proc chance dramatically increased. 

Seriously, it's okay to throw down more than one Bastille. There's no need to make one with maximum range and power strength when you can just mod for efficiency and throw down several to buy yourself some breathing room while still leaving the enemy open for headshots. 

You know, with maxed Overextended mod you can hold max 3 enemies with 1 bastille (of course without power strength mods), so this is not very effective and I must throw 2,3 bastilles. So it would be better with power affecting speed of other enemies who get in bastille range, like players in PvP.

You know, with maxed Overextended mod you can hold max 3 enemies with 1 bastille (of course without power strength mods), so this is not very effective and I must throw 2,3 bastilles. So it would be better with power affecting speed of other enemies who get in bastille range, like players in PvP.

On the flip side

If you go max range and max efficiency you can trap many things within a wide range for a low cost

Add Narrow minded to make it infinitely sustainable

Honestly OP, the answer to your dilemma is the Bounce Pad. Throw them down in hall ways with low player traffic and heavy enemy spawns to keep them on their &#! and prone to gunfire. 

Really under-used ability.

On the flip side

If you go max range and max efficiency you can trap many things within a wide range for a low cost

Add Narrow minded to make it infinitely sustainable

This is still more complicated than it needs to be.

For christs sake, just run 75% efficiency and put Stretch on and learn how to throw the Bastilles/Vortexes at long range to lock down entire swarms of enemies and learn how to get in close with this guy.

Way too many corrupted mods bandaiding one another here that take up precious space for other mods that'd leave you far more effective. 

Of course it would be better. The question is: does Bastille need that kind of buff? Personally, I would say that it's perfectly fine where it is. It's already a very powerful and spammable CC and I honestly don't see why it should be made even better.

Exactly. 

This is still more complicated than it needs to be.

For christs sake, just run 75% efficiency and put Stretch on and learn how to throw the Bastilles/Vortexes at long range to lock down entire swarms of enemies and learn how to get in close with this guy.

Way too many corrupted mods bandaiding one another here that take up precious space for other mods that'd leave you far more effective.

Preference

I always stay close even on vauban but when i need to go far i do

Energy efficient range build works for me so i use it

I know when a teammate goes down i can spam Bastille a few times and have the room stopped entirely

I also know how to balance pros and cons of corrupted mods to a balance

Something more people should take up

I don't need your advice Hastur609 about vauban skills... It was just an idea. In PvP i can decrease enemies' speed so why couldn't I use it on normal enemies too? I know with decreaseing/increasing speed bastille will be OP + this hold enemies. For infested i didn't need to take negative build nova when that happened.