Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another " Change How Dark Sector Conflicts Work " Thread

DrBorris

As long as there is going to be a large reward for wining a Dark Sector Conflict, there will always be people who abuse the system. Balancing PvP is very difficult, putting people on an even playing field while allowing for skill based play and custom load outs is near impossible in Warframe. Warframes are just too OP. I know this is pessimistic and many have tried to bring up ways to change the system, but there will always be people who find something OP and abuse the hell out of it.

Just to clarify now, nothing I am saying applies to Conclaves, this is only about Dark Sector Conflicts, and I would actually prefer Conclaves going back to pre-Update 14 mechanics (no damage reduction). I enjoy the Conclaves, not so much the conflicts.

Here is my idea for a new system of how dark sector conflicts work.

When you, as a player, enter a Dark Sector Conflict, you are given an option of what Warframe you would like to use. As a default, there will be three Warframes (Excalibur, Volt, Mag (maybe different frames, just these three as an example)) to choose from. If a Clan/Alliance deploys a rail without any extra research, those will be all the options a person entering a conflict has to use. The Clan/Alliance can research the different frames individually for players/specters to use. For example, a Clan can researches the Loki Warframe, then anyone aiding them in the conflict can use one of the three default frames or Loki. How this logically works is that a player is controlling the specter. The Clan defending/attacking the rail paid for these specters that you are remotely controlling them. They do not have all of the functionality of normal Warfames nor the customization capabilities, but at least you are not killing yourself over and over (seriously, how does it make sense that I die in a conflict so much… without dying). Then, the player will select their primary/secondary/melee weapons. These will basically work the same as the Warframes. Three options for each unless the Clan/Alliance researched more. Not every weapon would be available, for the most part only the current Tenno weapons would (Latron, Braton, Boltor, Vectis, Strun, etc.) be able to be researched (No Primes). All weapons will have completely different damage values than in the PvE part of Warframe, all will be equally balanced. I know that this puts a lot of restraint on the large customization in Warframe, but it fits better logically and is more balanced.

Once in the conflict, leveling will work slightly different. Rather than Redirection all coming at once, your Frame slowly increases shield as it levels (like normally leveling a Warframe, but more pronounced per level). Abilities will come online at different ranks, first ability could come on at fifth rank, second at tenth rank, third at twentieth rank, and fourth at rank 30. Weapons will just slowly gain more damage per level, no mods coming online at once, it is a gradual increase in power. I am not sure if gaining experience should be as it is now (because that encourages camping and once a team gets the advantage… they win) or time based (missions could drag on even if the other team sucks).

DE having complete control over all damage values throughout the conflict will allow them to easily balance Abilities also. They would know that you only get X ability at X rank, thus everyone’s weapons is doing X damage and they have X health, so X ability should only do X damage.

If the specter you are controlling goes down, you will then have the option to switch load out. If using an Excalibur with a Latron, Furis, and Skana was not working, try Volt with a Strun, AkFuris, and Bo (or of course have a “reuse last selection” button for speedy re-spawns).

Normal specters will spawn as a random researched frame with random researched weapons. That will bring a bit more diversity to the Conflict. I also recommend removing the Grineer and Corpus entirely, with everyone at the same level the fodder should not be necessary.

Conclaves and Dark Sector Conflicts are two VERY different things, I wish that DE would separate the two. One is for small, high power, extremely fast paced battles. The other is for a still fast (but not as fast), medium power, large conflicts.

I understand that this destroys all current strategy from Dark Sectors as they are now, but there is little strategy as it is, it is just press 4 to win. I also understand that you may not like this idea in the least, say why as a comment, not just “no.” And if you see something that can be improved, please say whatever it is, I am not smart enough to come up with a full proof idea on my own.

Please nobody say “DE should just remove PvP from conflicts,” that discussion is for another thread (I do support the PvE option for defenders if no one is attacking to repair their rail).

Sounds like this simply promotes grinding rather than skill. Also, it would add a deterrent to play conflicts to anyone not in the clan/alliance.

How to improve PvP:

1) nerf defenders

Eg.

Reinforcements of like 30

Or a limit to the Grineer/corpus backup they get

2) remove knockdown and stagger from melee attacks

3) remove coptering, slide jumping, and mid air sliding

4) fix "head glitching"

Bullets/projectiles come from your crosshairs rather than your weapon. This allows you to be in cover while your crosshair is out if cover...shooting people.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

Sounds like this simply promotes grinding rather than skill. Also, it would add a deterrent to play conflicts to anyone not in the clan/alliance.

How to improve PvP:

1) nerf defenders

Eg.

Reinforcements of like 30

Or a limit to the Grineer/corpus backup they get

2) remove knockdown and stagger from melee attacks

3) remove coptering, slide jumping, and mid air sliding

4) fix "head glitching"

Bullets/projectiles come from your crosshairs rather than your weapon. This allows you to be in cover while your crosshair is out if cover...shooting people.

1) Nerf the defenders? They have less of an advantage than the attackers. -.-

2) Okay.

3) If you want to play a tactical shooter then go play Ghost Recon: Phantoms, it is also free. I personally would like to keep the fast pace combat here though.

4) Get into CQC.

To OP. Limiting player's options is always a bad thing. Now for balancing damage values I would like to see that but DE would have to do it correctly so that veteran PvPers and the new players like it (not their half assed nerf everythings damage so people stop complaining about 1 shots, that was a terrible attempt at balancing).

Edited by Rakshal

1) Nerf the defenders? They have less of an advantage than the attackers. -.-

2) Okay.

3) If you want to play a tactical shooter then go play Ghost Recon: Phantoms, it is also free. I personally would like to keep the fast pace combat here though.

4) Get into CQC.

1) How so? Defenders have infinite lives and fewer objectives to micromanage.

3) No. Those movements make sprinting irrelevant whilst also promoting melee combat. PvE is one thing, but it promotes melee way too much in PvP.

4) I'm actually the one who exploits this. As I care about the game rather than my personal issues, I'd like a change. Also, this is literally an exploit. There is no balancing/counter for it. You fix exploits.

1) How so? Defenders have infinite lives and fewer objectives to micromanage.

3) No. Those movements make sprinting irrelevant whilst also promoting melee combat. PvE is one thing, but it promotes melee way too much in PvP.

4) I'm actually the one who exploits this. As I care about the game rather than my personal issues, I'd like a change. Also, this is literally an exploit. There is no balancing/counter for it. You fix exploits.

1) Attackers can start attacking without defenders allowing them to level up much more before the defenders even join.

3) Sprint is not suppose to be relevant, and getting in close for melee combat is risky. Getting rid of vital forms of movement would make melee useless and kill the flow of the game.

4) There is a counter, people getting into CQC or equipping punch through mods or a bow. Getting into CQC isn't really hard either.

Edited by Rakshal

1) That means little. Most of my defending games were finished in the space area.

3) Sprint isn't relevant? Then why is it even in the game? Why are there mods for sprint speed and stamina?

And it's "risky" to engage in melee? Heck no, slide jumping and then slamming with your melee weapon (my galatine knocks them to the floor) gives you the first hit and some other effect depending on the weapon/build. Those forms of movement are anything but vital.

4) Let me rephrase what I said. This is an EXPLOIT. In other words, it breaks a certain part if the game. You should not balance exploits.

I don't see any rewards coming out of dark sector PvP, beside solar rail control.

I sometime go inside just to defeat other tenno.

I'm doing this thing, not because I'm part of an opposing alliance, but just for the fun of it. Yeah .... I'm that kind of tenno, until I find out what really happened at the end of, and even during, the war.

I only play invasion if one side offers something that I want. I don't care about the corpus, grineer or infested. 

Now,

In the current form of the game, I, as someone who doesn't care about who controls the solar rails, have nothing to fight for in PvP, except the upper mentioned reasons. 

My opinion is that this is a disadvantage of this game compared to others. 

An easy reward would be credits.

What do you guys think!?

Oh yes ...... Dark sectors shoudn't be even!

They are not a competition, they are about control. The stronger tenno should have an edge against the weaker ones.

Restricting forma is a very bad thing regarding the lore. The only way of increasing the strength of a tenno is, at the moment, the use of forma. 

The game must be balanced only by giving oponents a chance to avoid the damage (when warframes are concerned) and balancing the power to ammmo capacity (when weapons are concerned).

Only in conclaves the equipment should have restrictions, but not in DS.