The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe/weapon Slots

Krogothian

Normally I like to think of spending money on a game as a fun trade. Buy some plat then buy a weapon, a skin, or a warframe. They are good trades for money because they are directly fun. 

Spending plat on weapon/Warframe slots is like paying rent. Nobody likes to do it, they just do it so they have a place to put things and it is really not that fun in a game. 

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Well the game has to make money in some way, they have their non-mandatory alternatives but if they were to remove the slots now it would &!$$ off a lot of people that did put money into it

At one point in time Warframe might have had a player base so small it was needed. On top of that, DE does not make money on people spending plat. They make money on people buying plat and I don't want to buy play to spend on slots. I want to spend money on cool things like warframes or weapons.

At one point in time Warframe might have had a player base so small it was needed. On top of that, DE does not make money on people spending plat. They make money on people buying plat and I don't want to buy play to spend on slots. I want to spend money on cool things like warframes or weapons.

Thats what I'm saying they did need it before but now they don't but if they just removed it now they would anger a big part of the community

Refunds.

Personally, I am divided. DE does need to make money. It seems to be more along the lines of a privilege, not a right.

Refunds aren't DEs thing, people talked to the support center with valid reasons for wanting a refund but they just get no reply, even I have experienced this

Refunds.

Personally, I am divided. DE does need to make money. It seems to be more along the lines of a privilege, not a right.

DE makes money on selling plat. People will still buy plat and spend it on things. Cosmetics, weapons, potatoes.... 

All slots are is a pay to win wall of a sense. Some times you need the ability to swap weapons and frames for each mission.

Thats what I'm saying they did need it before but now they don't but if they just removed it now they would anger a big part of the community

Give everyone who purchased a slot something in equivalent like a potato for Warframe slots and a Potato BP for every two weapon slots.

Edited by Krogothian

But they can't change it now without losing out.

If they give slots out for free then those of us that bought them will demand out money back.

But it doesn't matter because....

All slots are is a pay to win wall of a sense.

This comment just shot your credibility out of the window.

Solution for you getting plat:

Get rare prime parts, rare mods, exclusive mods(event mods) and tarde them for a decent amount of plat

I did this and got a slot for every warframe and a lot of weapons (of course you may already know this about trading :/ )

So you are saying that I should drag my feet through the bloated trade system? 

So do it.

Buying weapons and frames for plat GIVES you the slot and potatoe..

But you knew that didn't you..

So do it.

Buying weapons and frames for plat GIVES you the slot and potatoe..

But you knew that didn't you..

^ Truth!

Also on a side note Krogothian, would you PM me where in the world you live? Cause if your definition of rent is a one time payment then I'm moving as soon as I can pack. Where I live you gotta pay every month!

Slots and cosmetics are the only thing you have to spend platinum on, everything else can be gotten for free. Nothing needs to change here.

No, you don't NEED cosmetics. Slots are the only thing you NEED to spend plat on. If you need to spend plat it is required and that puts it in a pay to win area. 

Look, I am not ragging on Warframe. I love Warframe and it is my favorite game, I just hate to explain this oozing pimple to friends who are new. I hate explaining that they can't have fun with plat if they buy it because they need to save it for weapon/warframe slots. 

Word it however you want, change whatever you like. If nobody buys plat, nobody can upgrade weapon/warframe slots. People should be able to buy plat because they like the game and want to get cool things. Slots are not cool. That is like League of Legends charging you real money only for champion slots. 

It is a silly mechanic and has no purpose but to push plat out of circulation when there are plenty of things that have come out since that push plat out of circulation like cosmetics and various materials. 

Also, it's like I want Warframe to fail or that nobody should buy plat. I have spent 300 or more USD on this game and I still think about spending more on it. I love this game, I don't love how it takes the moral low road that keeps getting lower and more and more weapons and frames are released. 

Normally I like to think of spending money on a game as a fun trade. Buy some plat then buy a weapon, a skin, or a warframe. They are good trades for money because they are directly fun. 

Spending plat on weapon/Warframe slots is like paying rent. Nobody likes to do it, they just do it so they have a place to put things and it is really not that fun in a game. 

Am I the only one who feels this way?

As ferret06 pointed out, buying warframes or weapons comes with the item, slot for it, and catalyst/reactor. If you want to spend plat on warframes or weapons then do so. Those that want to farm warframes and weapons can spend 20/12 plat on the slots. They can buy the plat or trade things for plat. Make a post asking about how something works before complaining about it.

As ferret06 pointed out, buying warframes or weapons comes with the item, slot for it, and catalyst/reactor. If you want to spend plat on warframes or weapons then do so. Those that want to farm warframes and weapons can spend 20/12 plat on the slots. They can buy the plat or trade things for plat. Make a post asking about how something works before complaining about it.

By that logic every weapon in the game can be purchased from the market. A large number of them can't.

You don't NEED to buy slots. It is very possible to get to max mastery with only those given to you.

The slot system is there to make small plat purchases worth more.

Say someone has been playing for awhile as a free player, that first small plat purchase of $5-10 will expand their game by a huge degree. Going from 3 frames and 10 weapons (assuming proper starter plat spending) to an expanded arsenal feels very rewarding

If said player earns the plat for slots then so much the better.

DE actually do a great job catering to all the different parts of the f2p model.

You don't have to pay a cent to get anything in this game, yet both small and large purchases feel rewarding.

You don't NEED to buy slots. It is very possible to get to max mastery with only those given to you.

The slot system is there to make small plat purchases worth more.

Say someone has been playing for awhile as a free player, that first small plat purchase of $5-10 will expand their game by a huge degree. Going from 3 frames and 10 weapons (assuming proper starter plat spending) to an expanded arsenal feels very rewarding

If said player earns the plat for slots then so much the better.

DE actually do a great job catering to all the different parts of the f2p model.

You don't have to pay a cent to get anything in this game, yet both small and large purchases feel rewarding.

This does not encourage potato/forma purchases. Costing money.

By that logic every weapon in the game can be purchased from the market. A large number of them can't.

You specifically mentioned buying warframes and weapons and being discouraged due to needing to buy slots. So i assumed you were refering to the ones in platinum market. For 12 platinum though you can build non market weapons and have 2 slots for them. Costs way less than buying a weapon for 200 plat or something.

You specifically mentioned buying warframes and weapons and being discouraged due to needing to buy slots. So i assumed you were refering to the ones in platinum market. For 12 platinum though you can build non market weapons and have 2 slots for them. Costs way less than buying a weapon for 200 plat or something.

Sounds like you are going after how I say it and not what I am saying. Implying you have no pros for the existence of slots.