The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Meta, Even The Meta...

Semshol

I really enjoy my Volt builds for casting, rifle and melee focus, and swap around between them for fun.

I swap whatever I'm leveling around on the caster build, and for the others:

Gorgon

Marelok

Silva-Aegis

Synapse

Embolist/Tysis

Dual Ichor

I also like Loki with Dread/Despair/Sheev 

Warframe: I use most of them, tend to favour Excal Prime or Loki Prime but often run missions with banshee/saryn/mag prime

Primary: depends on the mission. Often a Bow, an explosive such as ogris if needed, ignis on infested but mostly I run with A synapse or braton Prime(also liking the buzlock)

Secondary, Brakk or Tysis depending on my primary, sometimes ill bring another random weapon, Lex prime is fun too 

Melee: Dual Ichor for fast, Serro for crazy fun damage :)

I also dislike the whole rhino/ boltor prime meta!

Wow, my thread is still going. Much love.

Anyway, to the guys that said I was contradicting myself. No I wasn't, primary, secondary and melee are supposed to work in harmony, under ideal conditions.

People who run out of ammo, often don't bring a viable secondary or melee, thus making them 'noobs'. You can try to find flaws in me, but poking me doesn't make the game better. If you believe i'm wrong, show it through action, by teaching those around you about what a good weapon can do.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know about the viability of the AkStilettos, especially because it is hit-scan + has great status proc. The Braton Prime is usually overlooked because of its lower damage than the Boltor Prime, but I actually find it works really nice on my banshee when I combine it with Sonar, because I don't have to aim exactly at the spot each time I pull the trigger. These are the kinds of synergies that people discover through actually testing and enjoying a weapon. Yet many Tenno are not availing themselves to that because:

- When someone points out their God-tier sucks, he or she is called elitist and told: "People can play how they want" - I respect this sentiment, but when someone is wrong, you should tell them in a calm manner about the alternatives that exist. If they choose not to accept it, you don't have to get mad, BUT the seed is planted.

- The best players are quiet. They come to play the game and enjoy it, they don't post on the forums and their load-outs and style remain a secret. You can only copy it if you observe their play-style very closely and then copy it...like Kakashi :D. I used to be a loud vocal Rhino, then I started copying styles and now I'm on the other side of the fence where I can see there is more to life than Iron Skin, Roar and Stomp. Which, to the rhino defenders are viable tools, but there are other frames that do the same thing, just a lot better i.e. Nova's M. Prime, Banshee's Sonar, you get the gist of it. I won't say Rhinos are useless, but there are so many other options to choose from that it just seems to a little silly to home in on Rhino who is a jack of all trades but master of none. I mean we're in a four-man team because each player has a unique role to play. Otherwise DE would make just one frame and we'd all roll with that.

Yes you were contradicting yourself. You said you can see somebody miles away that they are out of ammo because they switched to a melee weapon. Then you say you need a melee weapon to manage your ammo economy. Then you runt about weapons/frames being godlike tier and others being bad, but you suggest to try stuff out on our own and see for ourself. Funny thing is, you are mentioning hit-scan weapons because you don't have to aim probably (not sure what you tried to say with that), but then say how noobs can't shoot heads. You are telling that you respect their playstyle, but every of your post, not just in this thread, is about people you have to carry because they have a loadout you don't want and creating threads about it lmao. You are a pathetic hypocrite.

I know and I have no idea why, but I guess people are liking to discuss or just spaz at me for being elite x'D

Says the one craeting a thread and posts with the same topic over and over again. Please tell me, hows your diploma in real life going?

Edited by Deccode

There has been interesting talk here, ill give tiny input.

About BoltorP (that I dont own propably never will due I have Soma) it's weapon that does pretty, easy to use and really doesnt fail alot unless you run outta ammo that one shouldnt never do.

I do have almost every meta mod available to me so making a good balance with prio, second, melee and warframe isnt hard so to speak. If the frame doesnt have handy AoE ability I tend to fix it with one weapon. Depending on the mission its a prio or secondary. If I take example Ogris as main weapon balancing with it Despair as secondary is only natural. Melee weapons that I use are moreless Dual Ichors or Orthos simply cause tend to do the job nicely.

I current favorite setups are pretty easy to think =)

Frames:

Mirage, Valkyr, Banshee, Trinity, Nova and others if feeling funky.

- Phage -Good single target weap. like Despair and Orthos

- Ogris -Despair and Dual Ichors

- Soma - Angstrum and Orthos

Just hilarious that I think I dont own a single Prime yet, but working on Orthos Prime currently.

but when someone is wrong,

Someone is NEVER wrong.

People are free to play how they want. If you don't like, tough.

They aren't wrong, they just do what they enjoy. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. People don't play for your enjoyment, they play for their own.

I always turn up to missions with crappy weapons, i'm going for mastery so i'm trying to level them all. Whether or not that annoys people means absolutely sod all to me.

It's when I see this "you are WRONG for doing something I don't like" that does tweak my nerves a little bit. 

The one thing, and only thing, I do agree with you on is the Braton Prime. I use it myself and it is a pretty decent weapon.

This is still going?

Fabulous.

Unfortunately there's nothing more entertaining on the forum right now, and these kind of topics have become a fad recently. We might as well see what's going on so we can learn something, or at least point and laugh at the monkeys in the cage.

Unfortunately there's nothing more entertaining on the forum right now, and these kind of topics have become a fad recently. We might as well see what's going on so we can learn something, or at least point and laugh at the monkeys in the cage.

One of the problems is that we will eventually run out of popcorn for topics like these.

- The best players are quiet. They come to play the game and enjoy it, they don't post on the forums

But since I'm not one of the best, I'll state my number one load out:

Nekros (Desecrate as his only ability)

Random primary for formaing

Marelok

Dark Dagger

I don't need easy mode Loki, Banshee or Saryn. Or Latron W/P or bows. Those are for posers.

This post reeks of elitism.

don't even know what that means but upvoted cause everyone else did

101 ftw

But since I'm not one of the best, I'll state my number one load out:

Nekros (Desecrate as his only ability)

Random primary for formaing

Marelok

Dark Dagger

I don't need easy mode Loki, Banshee or Saryn. Or Latron W/P or bows. Those are for posers.

-calls banshee and saryn easy-

-doesn't call nova and rhino easy-

what

you use a marelok so you are a poser

Edited by xkillo32

Rhino + Boltor Prime blow everything in mid and early late game out of the water with great ease (as do most other things with enough mods). If you aren't going for long/late endless stuff no reason to bring anything else really. Fast, basically invincible in that content, ignores all the trashy annoying environmental garbage (looking at you, laser doors and arc traps), great CC, melts all the mobs. Late game weapons are basically Dread, Latrons, Penta/Torid/Phage, Brakk/Stug/Marelok, somethingthatcoptershardbecausemeleeiswaytoorisky. I really don't understand why more people don't use Latron P/Wraith, it's crit stats are great, it's super ammo efficient, packs a pretty solid punch, and can do all of that with a solid status chance. Seems like a no brainer gun.

I use my Boltor for basically everything that's not endless.

I use my Rhino to rush every mission that's not mobile defense, regular defense or survival.

I use more serious weapons and frames for endless content.

Just the least frustrating way to grind through the boring stuff so I can get back to the (IMO anyway) fun stuff.

Edited by Racter0325

That's the first time I've seen anyone call Banshee easy mode, are you feeling alright? Do you need some fresh air? You can use my airlock if you like.

Compared to my single ability Nekros?

-calls banshee and saryn easy-

-doesn't call nova and rhino easy-

what

you use a marelok so you are a poser

xkillo32's most used stuff: Loki, Boltor Prime, Stug.

Thanks for playing.

This thread in a nutshell

>If you follow the meta you are an unoriginal scrub

>If you go against it you are an arrogant hipster

>I use X setup so I'm awesome even though half my gear is meta

>Y is the only good weapon in the game

>If you use Z you have no skill

My reaction:

Bish pls, I'm mirage, I just have to press 1 for Akaksupras

Why don't you play naked with no mods and only a MK1 Stick, poser? Poser.

*French accent*

POSEUR.

rofl, I don't even know what the point is, but rock on, you crazy Nekros butterfly

How do you know I don't play naked?

I was just trying to get into the spirit of thread, I honestly couldn't care less what anyone in any of my groups uses. Wanna bring your rank 0 with Mk1 weapons to my T4 Defense? Fine by me. The game has enough overpowered stuff that a sense of elitism is pretty silly.

Almost as silly as Akaksupra. Which is prolly as awesome as it is silly. Gonna have to try that out.

-snip-

You're clearly playing with people much worse then you, try not playing with pubs or make some friends.

Also, heres me in a T4D using a Boltor Prime, the end screen glitched out but you can check rankings in game. I had the middle score. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/541879712689123471/2FA3A65A39F61B3916B73B8C78626FF0F111C4CA/

Edited by LuxLo

Dread.

Nukor/Tysis/Marelok.

Pick any frame you want with CC to manage groups. Win the mission.

If you see someone with boltor prime on, remake the squad and don't reinvite the goon back.

People just don't know how simple this game is. They want invulnerability skills. There is always lifestrike to squeeze your way to the next "round" of enemies.

Noobframes: Trinity, Valkyr and Rhino.

Would take a Banshee any day.

The game is easy. The mechanics give you advantage if you read up on what does what.

Most of the enemies have flesh. Armor is a joke after removing it with corrosive or corrosive projection.

Flesh.

PS: Valkyr is useless in any situation outside of reviving teammates. Even with hysteria. (You can argue with me but I'm going to conclude my victory here to save myself the time of converting you from your current religion of play2fail mentality.)

Edited by ViLeDeth

Yes you were contradicting yourself. You said you can see somebody miles away that they are out of ammo because they switched to a melee weapon. Then you say you need a melee weapon to manage your ammo economy. Then you runt about weapons/frames being godlike tier and others being bad, but you suggest to try stuff out on our own and see for ourself. Funny thing is, you are mentioning hit-scan weapons because you don't have to aim probably (not sure what you tried to say with that), but then say how noobs can't shoot heads. You are telling that you respect their playstyle, but every of your post, not just in this thread, is about people you have to carry because they have a loadout you don't want and creating threads about it lmao. You are a pathetic hypocrite.

Says the one craeting a thread and posts with the same topic over and over again. Please tell me, hows your diploma in real life going?

I have said none of the things that you mentioned? Wtf, please quote exactly where I talked about head-shotting. If you're mistaking someone else with the same profile as me, then I'm afraid you're wrong.

Check my OP and the posts I've made, I never once mentioned the things you said.

Btw openly insulting me, with typos is really doing nothing to improve your credibility. You disappoint me Tenno.

Someone is NEVER wrong.

People are free to play how they want. If you don't like, tough.

They aren't wrong, they just do what they enjoy. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. People don't play for your enjoyment, they play for their own.

I always turn up to missions with crappy weapons, i'm going for mastery so i'm trying to level them all. Whether or not that annoys people means absolutely sod all to me.

It's when I see this "you are WRONG for doing something I don't like" that does tweak my nerves a little bit. 

The one thing, and only thing, I do agree with you on is the Braton Prime. I use it myself and it is a pretty decent weapon.

Someone is always wrong actually, because there is a lot of misinformation going around the game. Playing for enjoyment is fine, but when someone does it at the expense of a host who had to take the time to farm and then use his T4 key. Is that not leeching? Is the host then to blame for not letting anyone into his party? Their key, their rules.

We do not play for our enjoyment, we play to achieve a purpose. If a person is playing for fun, they can play with their clan or with their friends. If you bring nothing but crud to a mission and contribute nothing. That doesn't mean you can "play how you want". It means you're leeching and ruining the gameplay for others. Your fun comes at the expense of other people's fun. That is not cool in a co-op game.

I level weapons in T4, but I also contribute the most to my team irrespective if I'm leveling or playing my fully-decked loadout. A good Tenno can manage this. Those Tenno who hide behind the excuse of 'fun' or 'freedom' cannot, and simply want others to compromise for their sake.

Edited by Semshol

Rhino + Boltor Prime blow everything in mid and early late game out of the water with great ease (as do most other things with enough mods). If you aren't going for long/late endless stuff no reason to bring anything else really. Fast, basically invincible in that content, ignores all the trashy annoying environmental garbage (looking at you, laser doors and arc traps), great CC, melts all the mobs. Late game weapons are basically Dread, Latrons, Penta/Torid/Phage, Brakk/Stug/Marelok, somethingthatcoptershardbecausemeleeiswaytoorisky. I really don't understand why more people don't use Latron P/Wraith, it's crit stats are great, it's super ammo efficient, packs a pretty solid punch, and can do all of that with a solid status chance. Seems like a no brainer gun.

I use my Boltor for basically everything that's not endless.

I use my Rhino to rush every mission that's not mobile defense, regular defense or survival.

I use more serious weapons and frames for endless content.

Just the least frustrating way to grind through the boring stuff so I can get back to the (IMO anyway) fun stuff.

Rhino rushing everything is fine.

Problem is they bring it TO the endless content and then complain.

There are good Boltor Prime users out there and of course great Rhinos. But I'm wondering why the meta isn't a no-brainer like Latron P, because...it's just such a great gun LOL.

This thread in a nutshell

>If you follow the meta you are an unoriginal scrub

>If you go against it you are an arrogant hipster

>I use X setup so I'm awesome even though half my gear is meta

>Y is the only good weapon in the game

>If you use Z you have no skill

My reaction:

Bish pls, I'm mirage, I just have to press 1 for Akaksupras

Lol no,

AkAkAkstilettos baby. That S#&$ is so cash :D