The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Meta, Even The Meta...

Semshol

Main Loadout:

Valkyr / Ash (I love her lore, looks and insane armor rating. Only use Hysteria as last resort and to revive.)

Boltor P / Soma

Dex Furis / Lex Prime

Dragon Nikana / Dakra Prime

I love assault rifles. They feel more natural for me. And these are the best in AR category my opinion. I tired the Grakata, but it's ROF was too much for me. I rarely run out of ammo for my Boltor P since I know how to pick up ammo boxes. Also restores. duh.

Boltor Prime and the Soma just feel natural in my hands. I want to see an SMG, but I don't think we'll ever get one.

Sometimes I use my Paris P and Dread if I feel like it, but this is the main.

Dex Furis is a beautiful gun which fits my hand. Lex Prime is a strong and reliable gun with some of the best animation. Up to 20-25min and wave 20 I only use this. One hitting every common cannon fodder and two-hitting heavy units.

Dragon Nikana and Dakra Prime: I love katanas. Fast, quick and precise strikes. I prefer this over the Dakra. The Dakra needs the stance for the damage boost which doesn't work for quick-melee. Also style.

In the end: I do solid and good damage and I use my frame in a way that benefits the whole team.

Edited by S3EK3R

Main Loadout:

Valkyr / Ash (I love her lore, looks and insane armor rating. Only use Hysteria as last resort and to revive.)

Boltor P / Soma

Dex Furis / Lex Prime

Dragon Nikana / Dakra Prime

I love assault rifles. They feel more natural for me. And these are the best in AR category my opinion. I tired the Grakata, but it's ROF was too much for me. I rarely run out of ammo for my Boltor P since I know how to pick up ammo boxes. Also restores. duh.

Boltor Prime and the Soma just feel natural in my hands. I want to see an SMG, but I don't think we'll ever get one.

Sometimes I use my Paris P and Dread if I feel like it, but this is the main.

Dex Furis is a beautiful gun which fits my hand. Lex Prime is a strong and reliable gun with some of the best animation. Up to 20-25min and wave 20 I only use this. One hitting every common cannon fodder and two-hitting heavy units.

Dragon Nikana and Dakra Prime: I love katanas. Fast, quick and precise strikes. I prefer this over the Dakra. The Dakra needs the stance for the damage boost which doesn't work for quick-melee. Also style.

In the end: I do solid and good damage and I use my frame in a way that benefits the whole team.

You didn't call anyone a 'noob' and never mentioned how 'elite' you are in a casual game.

Are you posting in the correct thread?

I use a paris prime and I do more kill then anyone with it. I see no one using this weapon cause people are just bad at this game.

This is how I carry my teamates and those noobs were all rank 11+ ... and this was a t4 defense also.23kes20.jpg

Can you show that pic again without covering up the reward screen?

That looks more like an ODD vortex farming score than one for a T4 defense

Wow, my thread is still going. Much love.

Anyway, to the guys that said I was contradicting myself. No I wasn't, primary, secondary and melee are supposed to work in harmony, under ideal conditions.

People who run out of ammo, often don't bring a viable secondary or melee, thus making them 'noobs'. You can try to find flaws in me, but poking me doesn't make the game better. If you believe i'm wrong, show it through action, by teaching those around you about what a good weapon can do.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know about the viability of the AkStilettos, especially because it is hit-scan + has great status proc. The Braton Prime is usually overlooked because of its lower damage than the Boltor Prime, but I actually find it works really nice on my banshee when I combine it with Sonar, because I don't have to aim exactly at the spot each time I pull the trigger. These are the kinds of synergies that people discover through actually testing and enjoying a weapon. Yet many Tenno are not availing themselves to that because:

- When someone points out their God-tier sucks, he or she is called elitist and told: "People can play how they want" - I respect this sentiment, but when someone is wrong, you should tell them in a calm manner about the alternatives that exist. If they choose not to accept it, you don't have to get mad, BUT the seed is planted.

- The best players are quiet. They come to play the game and enjoy it, they don't post on the forums and their load-outs and style remain a secret. You can only copy it if you observe their play-style very closely and then copy it...like Kakashi :D. I used to be a loud vocal Rhino, then I started copying styles and now I'm on the other side of the fence where I can see there is more to life than Iron Skin, Roar and Stomp. Which, to the rhino defenders are viable tools, but there are other frames that do the same thing, just a lot better i.e. Nova's M. Prime, Banshee's Sonar, you get the gist of it. I won't say Rhinos are useless, but there are so many other options to choose from that it just seems to a little silly to home in on Rhino who is a jack of all trades but master of none. I mean we're in a four-man team because each player has a unique role to play. Otherwise DE would make just one frame and we'd all roll with that.

yeah...

That's the first time I've seen anyone call Banshee easy mode, are you feeling alright? Do you need some fresh air? You can use my airlock if you like.

That's actually funny.

Meta in this case stands for Most Effective TActics

Thank you very much.  I appreciate you answering me.

This is probably going to sound weird to the lot of you, but... never since I first played this game have I ever put forma on a weapon, nor did I feel the need to.  (I have 2234 hrs on record according to Steam)  I do quite well anywhere in the game.

Have I failed? yes.

Have I made mistakes? yes.

Did I ever feel I needed experienced players to team up with me for help?  Sometimes, but I mostly play alone or pug. (Always teamed in tier 4 of course.)

Am I perfect or have the best builds? No, and I think my builds are good enough for me; however, I won't post them.  Too modest.

Do I think I am an elite player? No.

Have I ever been called a noob?  Not that I can recall.

What is my M.E.T.A. (now that I know what it means)?  Anything goes, so long as you know or learn how to use what you want to use, and that works really well for me believe it or not.

So to answer this thread's topic, "Why is the Meta even the Meta?"  My answer is... I have no idea.

I use a paris prime and I do more kill then anyone with it. I see no one using this weapon cause people are just bad at this game.

This is how I carry my teamates and those noobs were all rank 11+ ... and this was a t4 defense also.

Please remove player names from any posts.

That is not allowed on the forums. You may only show your own name thanks.

Edited by Semshol

Have I failed? yes.

Have I made mistakes? yes.

Did I ever feel I needed experienced players to team up with me for help?  Sometimes, but I mostly play alone or pug. (Always teamed in tier 4 of course.)

Am I perfect or have the best builds? No, and I think my builds are good enough for me; however, I won't post them.  Too modest.

Do I think I am an elite player? No.

Have I ever been called a noob?  Not that I can recall.

What is my M.E.T.A. (now that I know what it means)?  Anything goes, so long as you know or learn how to use what you want to use, and that works really well for me believe it or not.

So to answer this thread's topic, "Why is the Meta even the Meta?"  My answer is... I have no idea.

You see if people thought like you, that would be absolutely okay.

A lot of people actually come in to warframe with this sort of thinking.

Then somewhere along the line they became afraid to abandon Boltor P and try out other things.

I don't mind if a person is GOOD with their weapon that's never my problem. But on those days when you get those people that are using what should be a good weapon, but doing it completely wrong and just failing. Then yeah...that's a problem.

You can post your load-outs if you want though, most people have and I wouldn't use around 50% of what they post, but it works for them and that's okay. Most people wouldn't even try what I post =P

First time reading this thread and I am not reading through 10 pages of stuff, but when I saw this:

Semshol's Meta:

Frame: Loki Prime

I laughed out loud. I'm not going to go into the details, since you want this post to die. But one thing I can't let go is the fact you called Rhino a metal box when you use a Loki. They literally do the same thing in a different way.

Please let this thread die off already.

Why? Out of all the inane threads in the forums, this one is at least entertaining.

It makes me wonder if "Hello Kitty Island Adventure" has a forum where elitists complain about all the noobs who can't accessorize.

Why? Out of all the inane threads in the forums, this one is at least entertaining.

It makes me wonder if "Hello Kitty Island Adventure" has a forum where elitists complain about all the noobs who can't accessorize.

lol made my morning

Nerf Boltor people will go for Soma. 

Then we will see " Nerf Soma to OP" 

Anyway You must encounter only newb , even if i like to do the rhino + boltor prime combo I'm never out of ammo you must pick wrong guys always or you lie 

Also you re suggesting weapon , you will get annoyed again because people rush on it...

First time reading this thread and I am not reading through 10 pages of stuff, but when I saw this:

I laughed out loud. I'm not going to go into the details, since you want this post to die. But one thing I can't let go is the fact you called Rhino a metal box when you use a Loki. They literally do the same thing in a different way.

you do realize that loki dies in one hit around 30 mins in during t4 void. its a little more challenging than playing a rhino.

Edited by Sleepwalkaz