Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Missions? (Yes Like Battlefield)

noveltyhero

Hey there,

I was wondering if DE could do community missions where the entire community is set to play for one common goal.

It is like an event pretty much except you aren't limited to certain objectives and you can play anywhere, the rewards can be simple but I think they could be nice for variety.

Example:

We have one week to kill 1 Billion Lancers, the progress could count from all platforms and everybody gets the reward so long as they kill 500 or so.

Of course that is basic but you know what I mean :/

You basically described the Fusion MOA event. 

I don't quite want to go back to that kind of event personally. 

It is not an event, it is a community mission. The reward can literary be something simplistic however a common goal for us. It shouldn't give a weapon or something like that, potatoes, formas, credits, skins etc are more likely to be used. Even boosters :/

So... Like the bonus objectives you're given for each mission, but on a much larger scale.

Pretty much

There were 2 events like it already, but i am glad DE makes more intersting events.

For cheap events they got TacticalAlerts now, just wait for it, and kill 100 phorids or something

Yeah except the tactical alerts are annoying because it is like "Kill 100 Eximi" but you can only kill 5 in a mission with 130 enemies -.-"

Events should and are interesting, this kind of thing can be pushed to a tactical alert suggestion then, but involving entire community rather than just yourself :S

It be more fun to make community use some power for 100000 times, like get 100 kills with your 1st power, diasrm all the grineer, or get a 1000000 stealth kills in a day, those can be fun, a bit.

Or day of revives, or day of teamkill with radiation procs, or something exept killing 1 mil of same mob.

I do that casually, just for the exp and possible raw potatoes.

I ment those Tactical Alerts, where your conclave is limited, and you needed to kill hyenas

It is not an event, it is a community mission. The reward can literary be something simplistic however a common goal for us. It shouldn't give a weapon or something like that, potatoes, formas, credits, skins etc are more likely to be used. Even boosters :/

There's no difference between the "mission" you described and the Fusion MOA event. The reward for the Fusion MOA event? 100K credits and Frost Prime's BP (which was nice but nothing special at Frost Prime's release). 

The objective of the Fusion MOA event? Kills tons of a specific units.

So you mean like the how ME3 did it with the weekend multiplayer community missions?

Where there was an individual objective/goal you had to complete and a wider community goal that everyone works together to complete.

Yup, something "cheap" but regular, even considering DE doing a lot of cool events, some simple events would be cool too, without lore and much effort from DE side

Um, killing 500 lancers forms it wouldtake5 runs on low level defence missions. But killing 1000000000 lancers is a little hash even as a comunity.

1000000000 / 500 = 2000000 That's if each person did kill 500 lancers. I know that there are more than 2 mil accounts but you need to ask how long these community missions are going to last. How many players are active at once?

Um, killing 500 lancers forms it wouldtake5 runs on low level defence missions. But killing 1000000000 lancers is a little hash even as a comunity.

1000000000 / 500 = 2000000 That's if each person did kill 500 lancers. I know that there are more than 2 mil accounts but you need to ask how long these community missions are going to last. How many players are active at once?

On Steam alone there are around 20k players active at once. You will have around a week to complete the objective as a community, if it fails the enemy may get more health and damage (small boost) temporarily. Assuming somebody kills 500 only, however the chances are that people will kill way more than 500

I've picked such high number for a common enemy because you are likely to kill a lot of them.

Look at the image below, scroll down to the Grineer Lancers section, Maybe 1billion is absurd but it was a simple example. Low number rare enemy or high number common enemy are the options for a community mission :P

http://i.imgur.com/Fy19OKW.jpg

There's no difference between the "mission" you described and the Fusion MOA event. The reward for the Fusion MOA event? 100K credits and Frost Prime's BP (which was nice but nothing special at Frost Prime's release). 

The objective of the Fusion MOA event? Kills tons of a specific units.

Yeah but right now Events are bigger, they contain lore, purpose and actual standalone rewards. This could be integrated to be a tactical alert

Sometimes i don't know what to do in game, i want something similar to keep my interest to game and feel its lore.

I'd like to see it in game, but not as CMs. As side-tasks (something like Destiny's Bounty missions).

Including WF's Lore.

Take a look at monitor in Liset or communicate with Lotus through it, take what you interesting and do it. After completing - get your reward.

Tasks and rewards are simplistic, for sure.

Kill 10.000 (100.000) Elite Lancer / Commanders / Heavy Grineer with Melee or Secondary (with Tenno or Grineer tech) to morally weak them, for awhile.

Explore all locations at 100 missions.

Complete 100 Capture and Spy missions (knowledge is power!).

Complete 100 Sabotage missions to break enemy's supply (mostly Corpus faction) or disrupt their reinforcements (mostly Grineer faction).

Rescue n-hostages (leave no man behind!).

etc.

Rewards:

BPs from Clan Tech and consumables (ammo, hp restore, even a scanner) for Capture and Spy missions

Money or regular weapon bps for kill-count.

Specter and HP restore pack for rescue.

etc.

But i love your idea. That's would be good.

Edited by Spectre-Agent

Sometimes i don't know what to do in game, i want something similar to keep my interest to game.

I'd like to see it in game, but not as CMs. As side-tasks (something like Destiny's Bounty missions).

Including WF's Lore.

Take a look at monitor in Liset or communicate with Lotus through it, take what you interesting and do it. After completing - get your reward.

Tasks and rewards are simplistic, for sure.

Kill 10.000 (100.000) Elite Lancer / Commanders / Heavy Grineer with Melee or Secondary (with Tenno or Grineer tech) to morally weak them, for awhile.

Explore all locations at 100 missions.

Complete 100 Capture and Spy missions (knowledge is power!).

Complete 100 Sabotage missions to break enemy's supply (mostly Corpus faction) or disrupt their reinforcements (mostly Grineer faction).

Rescue n-hostages (leave no man behind!).

etc.

Rewards:

BPs from Clan Tech and consumables (ammo, hp restore, even a scanner) for Capture and Spy missions

Money or regular weapon bps for kill-count.

Specter and HP restore pack for rescue.

etc.

But i love your idea. That's would be good.

Stepping stones, stepping stones...  ;)

Stepping stones, stepping stones...  ;)

Heheh, but really, i want to see smth like that in WF.

It will expand the lore and gameplay. Besides, we don't have Proxy War or other quests atm, but these Missions would keep you and your interest in WF until DE put new Quests (e.g. Archwing) or Proxy War, Focus, perhaps, something else. But what's next? We'll get that Archwing-tech and.. and that's all, i guess.

Heheh, but really, i want to see smth like that in WF.

It will expand the lore and gameplay. Besides, we don't have Proxy War or other quests atm, but these Missions would keep you and your interest in WF until DE put new Quests (e.g. Archwing) or Proxy War, Focus, perhaps, something else. But what's next? We'll get that Archwing-tech and.. and that's all, i guess.

Basically, the game needs to have lots and lots of side objectives. The way many MMOs do raids, random events, gigantic battles etc. Between the grind and between the hard work you put in you should be able to set out on another path.

As I said, one step at the time and whilst invasions were a nice step towards this dynamic solar system there is still quite a bit of work to do