Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maps Should Be Centered Around Parkour.

Rakshal

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief the parkour in the game isn't that bad (granted it can be a bit glitchy sometimes), it is just that the maps aren't made with parkour in mind. I think the maps should have things like flat walls, high ceilings, pillars, ect. So far the only map in the game that has decent parkour routes is the Europa conclave map. I don't know how they would do that with maps like the corpus and grineer ships and the asteroid mining tile set but I still think it should be done.

I think the parkour is pretty fun, if a little clunky at times. I'd love to see things that feature parkour like Void obstacle courses.

Honestly, I think that as long as the tile has walls, it facilitates parkour. Although, I pretty much jump off the walls like an idiot at every possible opportunity.

I think one of the problems when they removed infinite wallrunning though is that you can't really "re-attach" to a wall after initiating a wall-run (without first losing a ton of altitude), which is kind of a bummer. But with the removal of infinite wall-running, I incorporated wall-attacks into my movement.

I wouldn't mind seeing maps with more of a parkour focus, but I think with enough creativity, you can find a way to jump off walls like a madman.

If you look around, a lot of the more open maps (shipyard, infested ship, etc.) actually have a ton of parkour. Some tiles even require some skill to complete. Void tower "treasure rooms" are a fun example, most of the time when I run the void, I search every room for these (in solo of course). I will say that parkour needs to be more fluent in some areas. It's not "bad". It just sees less use in coop with everyone either coptering or stopped in front of a wall because of a poorly timed jump.

The real problem is that many of the earlier tilesets were ships, and there's literally no reason to have lots of airspace on a spaceship. It takes up space, you have to fill it with extra air, and nobody's ever going to go up there. The narrow hallways of the Grineer Galleon is more suitable, despite it not having much parkour affinity.

That said: maps need to be more cohesive. If the Grineer ships are cramped and cluttered, give us more air ducts to go through and take shortcuts with. The only airducts are on Corpus tilesets, which is strange, because they actually have flying robots that could make use of the airspace. Furthermore, Grineer ships seem to be a little steampunk, and have lots of moving parts. Moving parts wear down, and break, and would require frequent repairs, which crawlspaces would make sense for.

Also, tilesets are too linear. They're more or less designed for you to go from one end to the other in a sort of L or T pattern, with the occasional extra room off to the side. There are closed doors everywhere, so why can't we have them connect to other parts of the ship? Granted, players will automatically go for the path of least resistance, but it just seems a little strange. Maps should be coded to have one path which is the shortest, but filled with dangers, and alternate paths which take longer, but are easier.

this topic gets brought up a lot, and the devs don't want to force people to parkour through the whole map and there are special areas for those who want the challenge, if i can find the post that said this ill link it in an edit

Pretty much this. Rather then limiting other players they rather open up the option for those who want to.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief the parkour in the game isn't that bad (granted it can be a bit glitchy sometimes), it is just that the maps aren't made with parkour in mind. I think the maps should have things like flat walls, high ceilings, pillars, ect. So far the only map in the game that has decent parkour routes is the Europa conclave map. I don't know how they would do that with maps like the corpus and grineer ships and the asteroid mining tile set but I still think it should be done.

Sorry, but the parkour in the game is bad. It's clunky, unintuitive, and rarely does what you want. 

A lot of maps have decent parkour routes, but no one uses them because the parkour system isn't good enough to reliably traverse said routes.

Sorry, but the parkour in the game is bad. It's clunky, unintuitive, and rarely does what you want. 

A lot of maps have decent parkour routes, but no one uses them because the parkour system isn't good enough to reliably traverse said routes.

Show me where these parkour routes are because I sure can't find them. DE either needs to make maps with parkour in mind or make these routes more noticeable (rather than being for just "treasure" rooms). And when I say parkour routes I mean chaining wall jumps and wall runs, not just wall running once to get somewhere.

Maps should be designed to favor the enemy. In case no one has noticed yet, we are in their space, and they do not, in fact, need to make combat  even easier for us, and less easy for them, considering how much we are slaughtering them already.

I understand the sentiment, but are we really looking to make Warframe a challenging coop shooter, or an arcade platforming shooter game where we are just getting high scores on?

Once our mission success rate drops down to a 50% mark, then I'll be all ears on interesting things that we could do extra, but since we all probably have a 90%-95% success rate already, just how much more advantage do we want?

No need to find it, I can confirm what you said is true as we stand right now. 

Currently parkour is sometimes advantageous to those who know how to use it, but not a big deal to those who do not

Ideally parkour is adventagous in most situations except during user error, and those who perfer to be grounded may continue to do so.

except coptering always copter.

Edited by zoboso