Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't Elemental Frames Have Immunities?

AlphaHorseman

The elemental frames aren't immune/resistant to their respective elements?

The elemental frames abilities can't create elemental combos when used in tandem with one another?

Warframes don't innately have their abilities on the frames? Therein eliminating their need to be in mod slots. Shouldn't they have these outright and without needing mods since they're the primary difference of each frame other than looks?

Guest Tehnoobshow

He said "frames", not "weapons".

A frame is a weapon in a way. Every single Tenno can use every single frame, so it doesn't make sense that one should have more protection against elements than another just because of its abilities.

If the powers become part of the Warframe and not the mod system then how would you balance the powers? As the frame is new they need to be increased as can be, and for some builds powers might need to be downgraded or foregone with. I suppose removing them would mean all the mod energy they use would become free and no longer effect frame power balance. So, four free maxed powers and four free slots and all the mod energy they would use to now be applied to other mods. This would totally change the power dynamic of the game. Maybe, this where to happen it could be tied to the mastery rank. Say every five ranks you can pull one power into a new space that doesn't use the mod slots. As the game expands and Massey rank reaches level 20 you could get all 4 powers removed from the mod slots while keeping them active. It might be a justification for the huge advantage it grants.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

If the powers become part of the Warframe and not the mod system then how would you balance the powers? As the frame is new they need to be increased as can be, and for some builds powers might need to be downgraded or foregone with. I suppose removing them would mean all the mod energy they use would become free and no longer effect frame power balance. So, four free maxed powers and four free slots and all the mod energy they would use to now be applied to other mods. This would totally change the power dynamic of the game. Maybe, this where to happen it could be tied to the mastery rank. Say every five ranks you can pull one power into a new space that doesn't use the mod slots. As the game expands and Massey rank reaches level 20 you could get all 4 powers removed from the mod slots while keeping them active. It might be a justification for the huge advantage it grants.

Good point, the power strength could hing on the level of the frame itself. As the frame becomes higher leveled, so to does the powers become more powerful. I can't remember if the power strength is maxed out at 4 ranks or 3, but as a frame gets progressively stronger, every few levels it would increase the mod level on each power by 1 until you get to rank 30. At rank 30 you would have all powers maxed out as if you'd use fusion cores to max them out.

A frame is a weapon in a way. Every single Tenno can use every single frame, so it doesn't make sense that one should have more protection against elements than another just because of its abilities.

True, but our weapons don't lose combat effectiveness from environmental hazards, the frames do. And Procs can stack, so that also gives weapons a great advantage as well.

Greetings mates

I think DE stated,somewhere,that they won`t be giving elemental resistances/immunities to warframes as it would make the game unbalanced ( I think they mentioned it would be unfair if Saryn was immune to toxin ancients)

I,however,wouldn`t mind if ceratin warframes had some resistance to their element. I always found it strange that Ember couldn`t be more resistant to napalm/flamethrower attacks.

Edited by yetanotherunoriginalname

Using a flame thrower does not make you fire-proof.

Wearing a suit thats apparently colder than space, thats constantly spewing ice out of the arms doesnt help you with ice resistance?

Yeah ok

Edited by Oizen

Greetings mates

I think DE stated,somewhere,that they won`t be giving elemental resistances/immunities to warframes as it would make the game unbalanced ( I think they mentioned it would be unfair if Saryn was immune to toxin ancients)

I,however,wouldn`t mind if ceratin warframes had some resistance to their element. I always found it strange that Ember couldn`t be more resistant to napalm/flamethrower attacks.

Because the game's not already unbalanced enough.

I don't see why it'd be such a big issue. It's not like the elemental frames are the most used frames, and this way people are more likely to use frost and ember.

BTW I'm agreeing with you. Little passive bonuses (like zephyr's reduced gravity) would be a nice touch to the elemental warframes.

I think it would be fair to give the elemental frames a baseline immunity to their elemental statuses.

So Frost would be immune to slows, to make up for his naturally slow speed. Ember and Volt would be immune to their elemental procs, but still take direct elemental damage from the *rare instances that deal those types of damage*. Saryn... it wouldn't really be a huge step up, since she can already dispel statuses with Molt.

Call it innate resistance, rather than elemental immunity.

Edited by Archwizard

following this logic, we humans should be gods.

We can use/utilize diverse elementals and combinations and neither makes us invinvincible to it.

However I could imagine Ember having a fireproof suit, Volt mechanics to prevent getting shocking himself and so on.

The possibilities are endless. Gamebalancing not.

This is not a question about logic (video game industry would be very poor if that was the premise of every game), rather if game balancing allows this.