Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

As mainly a solo player, I find the decision to lose everything upon failure a let down. I agree with the aborting the mission and losing everything, but not with failing it. What you acquire should remain yours. In my opinion, this only defeats the purpose of replaying a mission you just died on or got disconnected on or your fellow teammates left you high and dry on. It just meant you played how ever long for nothing. After this happens enough, people will just move onto another game. I know there are some real hard core gamers out there that like this approach and you know what good for them, But many do not play that way and with this decision, you alienated everyone that doesn't play that way. I was going to purchase some platinum because I wanted to support the on going developement of the game as I find it one of the best I have seen in awhile. But with this change, I have reconsidered my purchase and my support. I apologize but as the kind of gamer I am and many are, I do feel let down by this change.

imagine if another mmo did this like say wow. it wouldnt be what it is today it would have vanished within a year, i was happy to invest money in to this games development and was going to do more but this update has destroyed any chance of that, and is pushing me away with is lack of fun if you fail,  lets face it most people want the game to be fun and to be punished so hard for something that isnt need any more with the cash increase to missions you dont need to farm. now i have all this in game money sitting there from doing missions and nothing to do with it its a total reverse of before where i would struggle to get money together to build something, but now what can i build what ever i like but have nothing to build with or mods to use. people will always farm weather the development team like it or not, but lets face it there is no trading in the game so its for there own benefit. if i wanted harsh punishment i will go out the back yard and whip myself

^crying about punishment... in a video game. Acting like it's the end of the damn world because the developers changed one thing in a system that is in flux. -_-

Plus, this isn't an MMO. It's a dungeon-crawling shooter. There's no massive multiplayer element, and I'm fine with that. It shouldn't ever become one.

If losing meant nothing, there would be no struggle, no incentive to stay alive and save your revives. There is no triumph, no fiero, no feeling of success after having completed something that would have otherwise destroyed you. I guess you just want the game to hand things to you regardless of how you perform, because that's the attitude you've adopted.

Go play some other game. Your attitude disgusts me.

What I suggest is an option to recover the items you found if you failed a mission by retrying it. If you succeed, you recover the things you had lost. If you fail, you lose them and the new things you had acquired in your struggle.

Ether Daggers still don't ignore armor with normal or charge attacks. I've been posting this ever since they were released. A word on whether or not this is intended would be much appreciated.

Very buggy, wikia is almost useless and the forum search function is ineffective (WOULD MUCH PREFER GOOGLE COMPILE). Maybe they just stuffed it.. for some reason Dual Ether can ignore armour.

^crying about punishment... in a video game. Acting like it's the end of the damn world because the developers changed one thing in a system that is in flux. -_-

Plus, this isn't an MMO. It's a dungeon-crawling shooter. There's no massive multiplayer element, and I'm fine with that. It shouldn't ever become one.

If losing meant nothing, there would be no struggle, no incentive to stay alive and save your revives. There is no triumph, no fiero, no feeling of success after having completed something that would have otherwise destroyed you. I guess you just want the game to hand things to you regardless of how you perform, because that's the attitude you've adopted.

What I suggest is an option to recover the items you found if you failed a mission by retrying it. If you succeed, you recover the things you had lost. If you fail, you lose them and the new things you had acquired in your struggle.

i never said it was the end of the world, if i dont like something im damn well intitled to my opinion. unfortunately i have a job to attend and dont get a lot of time for games, but you seem to have plenty and seem to be able to tell me what i like,

you do happen to relize that mmo now a days mostly means the act of being online with others regardless of how many are actually on the screen, secondly if you haven't noticed this is a mmo due to its large number of player base playing online in co-op mode for most of there time in game, i bet the thing your going to say is well if that is true then COD is a mmo or BF3 is a mmo and in many respects they are mmo-isk just because you think of a mmo as having 300 people on your screen,does not mean that is what a mmo only can mean.

I still maintain that it's a far better idea to encourage and reward mission completion then to harshly punish abort/failure.  This particular rule needs to go away.  Give us a random reward from the system loot pool at the end of the mission instead of taking everything away from us. 

Regardless of my negative opinion towards the devs choice regarding mission loot/failures, I still enjoy this game and hope it continues to improve.

@Developers: You guys are doing a good job, please keep up the good work and continue to do your best to improve the gaming experience!