Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

this whole "aborting missions now forfeits any obtained rewards" really sucks for defense missons. Imagine you work hard, spend 30 mins and got a lot of great mods, resources, and then suddenly you fail right before opportunity to extract.

>- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why not make it so you don't have to abort a mission instead of punishing people that found a loophole

Put the boss at the END of a stage, make extraction be right next to the boss

That's the only time I ever see people abort, because why waste 5-10 mintues backtracking through the same map when you can leave and requeue and get back at the boss again

Because this is a game about PLAYING COOPERATIVELY, and it's easier to just make them get nothing than it is to redo every boss room.

I just got a prompt to exit the game and run the launcher again as a newer version was available. I was so happy the scaled the credit rewards for higher level missions, but just did an Earth rescue mission before the prompt, 0 credit reward! :( 

GAH - yes, it should be fixed.

Will there be additional details on the focus/continuity/reach fixes, because Ember still does not show a damage increase.still flat 150 on overheat and 200 on fire blast. Range doesnt seem any bigger and doesn't stay up any longer. fireball might be working, seeing some odd numbers there likre 304 and such

Edited by ShadowsCrush

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

I don't know about this change. It's attempting to fix a very minor problem by applying a solution that is far too sweeping and which has very negative unintended consequences.

Mission failure as mentioned above is one of them, please tell me that giving people nothing for failing is not intentional.

Also, what about disconnects? People lag out all the time, peer to peer lobbies are unreliable in terms of stable ping/packet transfer, real life sometimes intervenes, and as we know from past experience, DE's servers aren't foolproof (not a knock on you guys, just the nature of technology). One of the things I really like about this game is that you still get something if you get disconnected, which is a ubiquitous occurrence in online gaming, especially for people on wifi or with less than great connections. It's one of the ways that this game is light years ahead of, e.g. ME3 multiplayer--getting jack upon disconnecting, which happened constantly, was probably the worst aspect of that game. It just seems misguided to punish the entire player base for the actions of a few bad apples.

something to add would be the ability to go to galaxy overview in private/online lobbys. Very hard to navigate your group from mercury to pluto selecting each planet in succession without disbanding the group going to galaxy overview and then regrouping. (Unless I'm having a total deep moment and haven't seen the button)

Is it me or are the Jackal grenades causing damage from launch?

For the love of all that is Infested, bring back the original graceful looking MOAs!

These things look like they were built from some lego set.

YES!!!  Mak of the Underscore Twins!

I miss the smexy legs of the old moas already T_T  At least leave the old models in game, so you can have a mixture of different enemies.  Nobody's written/drawn fan-fiction/art of Tenno x Moa yet; the new models are not helping!

Seen 3 Alerts. all of them have 2K reward. bug maybe? One is in Uranus. a low area. i would expect it to be 2/3K  but in Sedna i would expect it higher as its among a high one. it also had 2K and Neptune... 2K aswell. it seems low cause of the varying levels in those areas. I think its bugged. mhm...

I don't know about this change. It's attempting to fix a very minor problem by applying a solution that is far too sweeping and which has very negative unintended consequences.

Mission failure as mentioned above is one of them, please tell me that giving people nothing for failing is not intentional.

Also, what about disconnects? People lag out all the time, peer to peer lobbies are unreliable in terms of stable ping/packet transfer, real life sometimes intervenes, and as we know from past experience, DE's servers aren't foolproof (not a knock on you guys, just the nature of technology). One of the things I really like about this game is that you still get something if you get disconnected, which is a ubiquitous occurrence in online gaming, especially for people on wifi or with less than great connections. It's one of the ways that this game is light years ahead of, e.g. ME3 multiplayer--getting jack upon disconnecting, which happened constantly, was probably the worst aspect of that game. It just seems misguided to punish the entire player base for the actions of a few bad apples.

It just says "aborting missions".

I'm sure disconnects, failure of a mission and all of that other stuff will be correctly addressed.

These guys over at DE are pretty smart people they wouldn't muck it up like that.

Edit: The one update did just state "aborting missions" would result in loss of all but the experience, though after reading a few addional update posts I see that indeed failure of a mission will also result in the loss of all obtained items aside from experience.

After taking some time to think it through, there should be NO reward in failure. Teams should strive to succeed, and as I said the guys at DE are pretty smart people, they will address the balance issues properly.

The previous game state was too generous, its a free to play game to begin with, there has GOT to be some incintive for players to support the game financially, to be spoon fed all the rewards in the game win or lose would break it and produce a rapid slide into burnout for many players. 

In regards to disconnection or server related issues, well these things happen bugs will be bugs and betas will be betas...no need to get too upset about it and try to light your head on fire.

Edited by 2ply

I've noticed that if you fail a mission you get NOTHING so you don't get anything for trying

You still get Affinity I think but even before the update you wanted to win missions. Failure was always bad.

Is it just me, or did wavedashing get removed as well?

After some testing it looks like wavedashing has been patched or at least modified, It was to be a movement exploit that allowed players to move 2x faster then normal whilst not using any stamina. A Rhino/Frost running faster then a loki with max rush = broken.... Then when macro'd the effect is greater.

The first slide will have the normal speed, but the second slide will be regular walking speed. So it alternates fast slide-slow slide-fast slide-slow slide.

Also, loosing rewards when a mission fails is intended, and intended to effect endless defense...

Check out DE_Steves post:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31624-upcoming-balance-changes-april-19th/

Edited by Aqua682

Yea, personally I believe a better Lobby system would fix the problem of rushers vs slow/afk people. 

A better lobby system would...

-Provide people the ability to see the latency of the host.

-Allow people to choose whether they want to host or join someone.

-Allow hosts to set their main objective for people who are joining to see. (I.E. "Speed Run", "Full Clear", "Boss Only", "Resource Farming" etc)

Which naturally would require more time to implement than just making it so no one gets anything when they abort or D/C, but in the long run would help the game with it's various connectivity problems.

This whole anti-abort/dc fix seems like a bad band-aid fix for a much larger problem.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

something to add would be the ability to go to galaxy overview in private/online lobbys. Very hard to navigate your group from mercury to pluto selecting each planet in succession without disbanding the group going to galaxy overview and then regrouping. (Unless I'm having a total deep moment and haven't seen the button)

They had this in the early alpha builds, before the introduction of separate planet systems.  Your warframes would sit where they sit now, and others who join your party will appear sitting down across/next to you, which was super cool.  They disabled this probably due to complicated coding, but when you exit from a coop game, you can still see for a split second that your squad is sitting around; you just can't zoom out without leaving party.  Expect them to implement this at a later date.