Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for the great updates, but there are some updates here that make no sense. 

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

I've had glitches and issues and bugs and internet interruptions with this game, where I am either forced to abort, or force the entire game to close. Since this new rule is instated, I will now lose my hard earned credits, mods, resources and blueprints, because my I was forced to stop in the middle of a mission? How is this fair? I understand you are trying to stop people from going to the boss, getting the blueprint for the Cronus and leaving, but why? Why are you going to screw over EVERYONE for some trivial little exploit, that one, you fixed with the Cronus only dropping 100 % and the credits being scaled to level. Two, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. This isn't a competitive game. Who cares if people are making a little extra money farming a map? This is a co-op game and it really doesn't hurt anyone, while making all of us lose our benefits hurts everyone who plays this game.

There is also one other change that I noticed. Either I missed it in this update post, or it was a prior update. It is the change where you are unable to join the game session of someone who has already completed the objective. All this is doing is making it so that I can no longer play with my friends. I don't understand the need to make a strictly 4 player co-op LESS accessible to playing with my friends. I decided to play this game for co-op, not to solo. There have always been connection issues with this beta, and now I am not able to play co-op with my friends when I want to? I even started a mission and did absolutely nothing and they were unable to join me because: "Mission objective has already been completed", when I had yet to start. Now I'm being forced to solo a game that I endorsed for co-operative game play.

Edited by RyuKajiCut

no more slash dash skill

no more drops from jackal (treid 26 times and nothign not even materials)  almoust same goes with others boses

now if anything goes wrong and you get disconected you loose all you got that is so heavly stupid its hurts my mind why ????? i god disconected after we all embarked to leave the station that is the end of mision and i got nothing i dint not leave the msion i finished it but still no rewards

a question to devs you really hate people that try to play your game ??

and more and more and more bad stuff in all ways

game got a lot worse and this updated took way to mutch playing pleasure out of the game serioulsy why you made it so mutch worse

i actually started to like this game got all my friends to try it etc if we play we play togher ...but now i will lok for somethign else 

i know my typing is bad so gramar nazis go ahed have fun

Thanks for the great updates, but there are some updates here that make no sense. 

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

- Fix slide exploit: velocity boost from slide is on a cool down to prevent macroing.

I've had glitches and issues and bugs and internet interruptions with this game, where I am either forced to abort, or force the entire game to close. Since this new rule is instated, I will now lose my hard earned credits, mods, resources and blueprints, because my I was forced to stop in the middle of a mission? How is this fair? I understand you are trying to stop people from going to the boss, getting the blueprint for the Cronus and leaving, but why? Why are you going to screw over EVERYONE for some trivial little exploit, that one, you fixed with the Cronus only dropping 100 % and the credits being scaled to level. Two, I DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. This isn't a competitive game. Who cares if people are making a little extra money farming a map? This is a co-op game and it really doesn't hurt anyone, while making all of us lose our benefits hurts everyone who plays this game.

The slide exploit... again, this game isn't even competitive...it doesn't matter, no one cares. You're scaling away something that doesn't make someone a god amongst men and kill all the enemies. Everyone can do it, so it wasn't only for a select few. It only makes moving faster.

There is also one other change that I noticed. Either I missed it in this update post, or it was a prior update. It is the change where you are unable to join the game session of someone who has already completed the objective. All this is doing is making it so that I can no longer play with my friends. I don't understand the need to make a strictly 4 player co-op LESS accessible to playing with my friends. I decided to play this game for co-op, not to solo. There have always been connection issues with this beta, and now I am not able to play co-op with my friends when I want to? I even started a mission and did absolutely nothing and they were unable to join me because: "Mission objective has already been completed", when I had yet to start. Now I'm being forced to solo a game that I endorsed for co-operative game play.

I ask myself why I decided to help found this game. The only answer, is that it was fun. The above changes you guys made are making the game less fun and more tedious. You are changing things that didn't make the game unbalanced or less fair for other players. You are sapping the fun out of this game. I don't understand, why you guys are going out of you way to make this game more frustrating, less fun and harder to play with friends.

I totally agree. 

- Fix slide exploit: velocity boost from slide is on a cool down to prevent macroing.

I've had glitches and issues and bugs and internet interruptions with this game, where I am either forced to abort, or force the entire game to close. Since this new rule is instated, I will now lose my hard earned credits, mods, resources and blueprints, because my I was forced to stop in the middle of a mission? How is this fair? I understand you are trying to stop people from going to the boss, getting the blueprint for the Cronus and leaving, but why? Why are you going to screw over EVERYONE for some trivial little exploit, that one, you fixed with the Cronus only dropping 100 % and the credits being scaled to level. Two, I DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. This isn't a competitive game. Who cares if people are making a little extra money farming a map? This is a co-op game and it really doesn't hurt anyone, while making all of us lose our benefits hurts everyone who plays this game.

The slide exploit... again, this game isn't even competitive...it doesn't matter, no one cares. You're scaling away something that doesn't make someone a god amongst men and kill all the enemies. Everyone can do it, so it wasn't only for a select few. It only makes moving faster.

I ask myself why I decided to help found this game. The only answer, is that it was fun. The above changes you guys made are making the game less fun and more tedious. You are changing things that didn't make the game unbalanced or less fair for other players. You are sapping the fun out of this game. I don't understand, why you guys are going out of you way to make this game more frustrating, less fun and harder to play with friends.

+1 from me. You sum up my feelings quite well in your last paragraph.

game got a lot worse and this updated took way to mutch playing pleasure out of the game serioulsy why you made it so mutch worse

I guess it boils down to fun and in my case, the game is less fun with this latest update.  For me, the more strictly any game enforces penalties the less fun it is to play.  I really don't think this abort/fail rule was thought out well at all.  It only hurts players who play legitimately.  Many of the really useful mods don't drop like they used to.  I haven't seen a Flow, Continuation, or Streamline mod since they nerfed the drop rates into the dirt.  If a player is lucky enough to get one of those in say a defense or rescue mission but runs into a spot of bad luck and fails the mission, they may never see that mod again for a very long time. 

This particular change was a terrible idea.  Was this balance change proposed to the Design Council? 

Edited by Tegajinn

guys give the devs a break, I"m sure they have a more refined approach to preventing the exploitation of game code by force quiting yourself other than just the basic you leave you lose approach they implemented as a HOTFIX, if they had tried to do something more advanced code wise to fix the issue as quickly as they did, we'd have a bunch of ppl on here crying that they jacked something else up, welcome to open beta people

Devs,

How about instead of severely penalizing players who abort of fail a mission, encourage them to finish each mission by offering a random reward at the end.  Offer everything from Common mods to Bluprints for more rare items with item quality being weighted by the difficulty of each mission.  Weight it even more for the number of players in the squad.

Not only would this encourage mission completion, but you'll see more high tiered missions and a lot more groups.

Voted up. Also, would anyone else like the laser fields to reset back to their original damage? I liked the prospect of not gung-ho'ing into a room you could hear a camera nearby in. In co-op, it promoted sticking together and paying closer attention. Now my friends and I just run through without caring about the laser defenses anymore. Sure we aim for every camera when we can, but it's not as painful when we forget. The game should keep the player on their toes.

Absolutely! How often do you get hit by those? When I'm alone, I don't get hit. When teams spread out, everyone going Rambo, they can bet tripped left and right, and that's a problem. But then teams should function as teams.

I was disgusted when the damage was stripped away. Again, lowering the bar. They were difficult for me when I first encountered them; since then, I learned how to deal with them. Now, they aren't a problem.

Slapping training wheels on the game whenever someone skins their knee is just sad.

I haven't seen a Flow, Continuation, or Streamline mod since they nerfed the drop rates into the dirt.  If a player is lucky enough to get one of those in say a defense or rescue mission but runs into a spot of bad luck and fails the mission, they may never see that mod again for a very long time.

I thank God I started playing just before that update. I've not seen those power mods since. I've never seen a Streamline mod, and I doubt I ever will. Maybe they make the game too easy and should not be allowed to exist?

This particular change was a terrible idea.  Was this balance change proposed to the Design Council? 

LOL. If you read the description of the Master and Grandmaster Founder's packages, it's all very tongue-in-cheek. The copy writers probably wet themselves, they were laughing so hard.

This isn't the kind of change they're going to announce and debate ahead of time. They saw an emergency, and acted quickly.

no more slash dash skill

no more drops from jackal (treid 26 times and nothign not even materials)  almoust same goes with others boses

Is this true? I use Slash Dash all the time; I know it's broken (players get "roadblocked" about 20% of the time).

But if they removed drops from ALL bosses, what's the point of even playing any more? Can someone less emotional verify or invalidate this?

Edited by DEATHLOK

Pretty disappointed in the Cronus Blue print change, it was the only realistic credit grinding for low level frames, loosing loot when forfitting missions is also dissapointing but possible to accept and was expected,

currently this game requires way to much grinding with the level of content it has, when grinding consist of repeating the same thing 20 to 60 times just to achieve one thing, it push's those unable to buy platinum away into bordem thus forcing them to loose interest in the game.

I know the game needs to make money to support its servers and dev team but the game is currently pushing the need for platinum way to hard right now, causing the game to be unfair for those that cannot get platinum.

Take what I say with a grain of salt but at the moment, it seems the dev's don't care about those that don't buy platinum.

Voted up. Also, would anyone else like the laser fields to reset back to their original damage? I liked the prospect of not gung-ho'ing into a room you could hear a camera nearby in. In co-op, it promoted sticking together and paying closer attention. Now my friends and I just run through without caring about the laser defenses anymore. Sure we aim for every camera when we can, but it's not as painful when we forget. The game should keep the player on their toes.

I think they removed the railgun Moas. Am I right? They were too tough?

Is this true? I use Slash Dash all the time; I know it's broken (players get "roadblocked" about 20% of the time).

But if they removed drops from ALL bosses, what's the point of even playing any more? Can someone less emotional verify or invalidate this?

I actually farmed the bosses (except for the Pluto boss) quite a lot, and I wanted to farm the last BP (systems) for Mag yesterday but in >50 kills I didn't see any BP drop.

I usually got 1 BP for every 5-10 kills at this boss.

As for some other bosses, I didn't see any BP drop for them, too (note: I was always solo, so I don't inconvenience anyone when I rush through)

edit: and for your Slash Dash comment - it seems that it only deals damage at the end, and not while traveling (since the patch went live)

Edited by bakaxy

To the people that are talking about weapons being nerfed/inaccurate/have limited range, I've noticed a strange bug when aiming (holding right-click). Every now and then, if you move your aim away from where you were previously shooting, you would notice that the shots you are now firing go to the place that was previously aimed at, instead of where you are currently aiming.

There's also an issue where the game would have a kind of "sticky key" where your last pressed button would "stick" even if you let go of it. ie. crouching with ctrl, after you let go (even if you don't have crouch toggle enabled) would force you to crouch until you pressed crouch again.

I think the above issue of aiming being stuck on the previous firing position has something to do with the sticky key problem as well.

This happens with all weapons, not just the Lex (happened with my Gorgon as well), which I noticed first because someone pointed out that the Lex was inaccurate at long range, when it actually (along with other weapons) have an aiming issue stemming from possibly lag or interpolation error with the character model vs where you aim.

Edited by kLai

Devs,

How about instead of severely penalizing players who abort of fail a mission, encourage them to finish each mission by offering a random reward at the end.  Offer everything from Common mods to Bluprints for more rare items with item quality being weighted by the difficulty of each mission.  Weight it even more for the number of players in the squad.

Not only would this encourage mission completion, but you'll see more high tiered missions and a lot more groups.

I completely agree and honestly surprise that this wasn't the first thought among the dev team, a random mod, ammo box, bonus credit or a rare chance of a blueprint at the end of a completed mission is a much better idea to pervent players from aborting missiones once they got the item they wanted then just making players forfit their gathered loot if they abort.

If this was considered, personally I'd like to know why the decided to just strong arm players into completing missions and not encourage with possitive feedback/rewards.

Guest SpFinX

Awesome update. I hated those Tolstoj money runs because it's plainly boring (i try to finish every mission even if reward wasn't good enough to spend time on it... i guess i just don't like to fail missions and make my stats worse). Now i'm able to run high-level alerts and get HELL LOT more credits than before. New smg doesn't look too good though, and certanly can't count as main weapon due to terrible ammo management. Gorgon and boltor are still better, each one for different cause. New gauntlets look better than furax, but they are terrible at charge combat... new skin for furax would be more appreciated =)

Guest SpFinX

Why this change that all earned items and credits lost when u fail or abort a mission that sucks no speedfarming any more! ;'(

You know, Vor run gave 2,5k in 3 min. Today i've made a deception alert in 4 min and got 10000+. That's positive change. Speedfarming will make you hate a game, earlier or later, that's why it was removed.

I haven't seen anyone being disrespectful to the developers. I've seen people who are frustrated and perhaps angry, but never disrespectful. Not every sentence needs end with "pretty please," my friend.

That being said . . . .

• They MUST deal with people abusing the systems they've created. Everyone who supports the game understands that.

• They CANNOT break the game when dealing with people who abuse it. Solutions must be carefully planned and implemented.

• This patch broke the spirit of Defense missions, which are designed as a gamble to end in failure, eventually. If anyone plays them now, they cannot risk going past wave five or ten. How fun is that? Defense missions must be exempt from the new rules.

• I'm frustrated when I fail a regular mission and get nothing at all, not even some XP. But, then again, I failed the mission. I realize failure is not something to be rewarded, but something to be avoided. Getting nothing when failing a regular mission is something I can wrap my head around. And I fully support screwing over anyone who rushes to a boss then quits right after picking up his loot.

• One of the recent patches broke the Stalker. He was supposed to be scary. He was supposed to induce a little panic. THE GAME IS FUN WHEN THAT HAPPENS! I'm so sick of society constantly lowering the bar. Please fix the Stalker.

It may be the case that patches cannot be released on a set schedule, and Friday's not the best day for them.

If you back track a few pages in this thread you will find some. Most are RAGE comments and I completely understand that people are disappointed about some aspects of the new patch. We all want fixes, we all want Warframe as bugfree and perfect, but there are proper ways to report/list bugs/fixes/tweaks/changes. People should lighten up play the game as it is, make a list of the things you think should be changed/fixed/tweaked and make a proper post in the forum. You all know what a beta is.

+1  The DPS might have made sense on paper, but in the end it means you're getting quick kills but eating up a lot of ammo.  Innate multishot (say 20% ) and a higher base crit chance (or crit damage) would be an interesting way to fix it imo.

I totaly agree there, innate multishot or lets say 10% crit would be much better, Plus the accuracy that I have and Grineer seem to differ :)