Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.8.0

[DE]Rebecca

@DEStaff

I actually like these changes. The alerts which were meant to provide us above average credits are doing just that and the people exploiting start > kill/farm > abort methods of farming have been put a stop to. The problem now I feel is that a majority of players enjoyed the defense missions as do I. And now we lose nearly all our drops when we lose the mission. Personally, since defense missions don't give credits in the first place I think mods are the only way people can feel rewarded from doing defense missions which adds to the fun. Now initially the original problem I believe were the exploiters spamming high yield missions for resources. If this is the case then why not just disable resources only and allow us to keep the mods that drop? I don't think people farming mods in defense missions was ever the problem so I am not sure why you guys chose to remove it all together and I doubt anybody ever waited for a rare drop then said, "Yes! See ya beechez!" and aborted.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Missions (540 of 2046 people prefer defense missions over a majority of the other types except assassination which 954 people enjoy)

Also, I've done maybe 4 rescue missions and that thing is bugged half the time. The way point takes forever to update once the hostage has been taken and sometimes doesn't even update (thus not allowing us to progress due to locked doors). I was forced to abort twice after nearly 30 minutes of waiting and by then the alert duration was nearly finished.

I enjoy this game, it's one of the few I actually bought currency for that's F2P so I feel I should tell you for the sake of the gamer community - There is a thin line between a challenge and a punishment. Challenges make the game fun because overcoming difficulties is rewarding (Ex: Getting to lv.26 then realizing "Oh, F- I just spent half my ammo on one ancient!") Punishments however, make the game frustrating more than fun because in the end failed game mechanics contributes to our defeat and not the fault of us not preparing or adapting well enough.

Pretty disappointed in the Cronus Blue print change, it was the only realistic credit grinding for low level frames, loosing loot when forfitting missions is also dissapointing but possible to accept and was expected,

currently this game requires way to much grinding with the level of content it has, when grinding consist of repeating the same thing 20 to 60 times just to achieve one thing, it push's those unable to buy platinum away into bordem thus forcing them to loose interest in the game.

I know the game needs to make money to support its servers and dev team but the game is currently pushing the need for platinum way to hard right now, causing the game to be unfair for those that cannot get platinum.

Take what I say with a grain of salt but at the moment, it seems the dev's don't care about those that don't buy platinum.

Bump

"- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded"

This I understood.

But when mission is "failed", there should be some reward - maybe not credits and guaranteed blueprint or mod / but stuff that players find in game should be theirs (in some %).

For example in defense, after 5 wave, 10, 15 ... the stuff should be guaranted.

DEATHLOK, on 21 Apr 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

I think they removed the railgun Moas. Am I right? They were too tough?

Nope. They're still there. I've seen 'em. I think there's less of them though. I also think they made rollers show up less, a very welcome change. Now they're not common enough to be annoying, but they're still there and things can get hectic with 'em too.

Pretty disappointed in the Cronus Blue print change, it was the only realistic credit grinding for low level frames

Was, but isn't any more. Now low level frames can advance more rather than getting stuck in the Vor trap. There's actually a reason to head to venus and mars now rather than vor farming.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

does abandoning mean also just lsoing fairly?

You fail a mission, you lose all rewards (including mods you earned throughout the couse of the mission) except whatever XP you earned.

Edited by Tegajinn

Bump

Indeed, the amount of grinding is high, but I assure you, as a man with 5 Warframes and 8 weapons to date, it is possible. They need to change it though. Credits are actually easier to get now. I can get near 100k in a day by playing high level missions and doing all the alerts.

Thanks for the great updates, but there are some updates here that make no sense. 

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

I've had glitches and issues and bugs and internet interruptions with this game, where I am either forced to abort, or force the entire game to close. Since this new rule is instated, I will now lose my hard earned credits, mods, resources and blueprints, because my I was forced to stop in the middle of a mission? How is this fair? I understand you are trying to stop people from going to the boss, getting the blueprint for the Cronus and leaving, but why? Why are you going to screw over EVERYONE for some trivial little exploit, that one, you fixed with the Cronus only dropping 100 % and the credits being scaled to level. Two, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER. This isn't a competitive game. Who cares if people are making a little extra money farming a map? This is a co-op game and it really doesn't hurt anyone, while making all of us lose our benefits hurts everyone who plays this game.

There is also one other change that I noticed. Either I missed it in this update post, or it was a prior update. It is the change where you are unable to join the game session of someone who has already completed the objective. All this is doing is making it so that I can no longer play with my friends. I don't understand the need to make a strictly 4 player co-op LESS accessible to playing with my friends. I decided to play this game for co-op, not to solo. There have always been connection issues with this beta, and now I am not able to play co-op with my friends when I want to? I even started a mission and did absolutely nothing and they were unable to join me because: "Mission objective has already been completed", when I had yet to start. Now I'm being forced to solo a game that I endorsed for co-operative game play.

Exactly, this update broke co-op play.

Edited by Furyoushounen

- Aborting missions now forfeits any obtained credits, mods, resources or blueprints, earned XP is still rewarded

This sounds ok from the way it's worded and I know this has been gone on and on about but it really comes with too many complications that arent mentioned in the patch notes. You fail a mission and get nothing, it's all taken from you exept the base xp gained during the run. This will screw over new players, I remember when patch 7 hit and they changed the whole mod system I was a lvl 30 Loki with base hp/shields getting stomped in some earlier missions and my only savior was the few mods I got during it all to start building back up. Granted now you have hp and shields increase as ranks are gained but, hey what happens to low lvl players who have gotten over rank 5 and beaten Tolstoj and are now prey to the Stalker who is lvl 45?

It's really going to put off alot of new players. I agree something had to be done to combat the speed runners grabbing up the loot and bailing out but I would have gone with a leavers penalty like a 15 minute lockout after the second time aborting in an hour or something, cause we have all felt the issue of having to abort a broken mission that cant be completed but you have at least found plenty of mods along the way to make the time worth it.

TL;DR .. the problems with this system punish ALL of us instead of just the ones screwing things up for others.

Edited by Draketh

i hate to say it but i really wish it was still possible to farm the blueprints for the cronus helped out with making credits and the fact that you lose mods and resources when you abort it ridiculous especially when you cant finish a mission right away or maybe you have to shut your computer down or something and it just kinda seems less simplified to get farming credits or mods or stuff i just wish you could still keep things when you abort missions and captain vor was helpful for the credits that blueprint was helpful bring the farming of the blueprints back PLEASE! GOOD JOB WARFRAME TEAM!

No they haven't... they still do the exact same thing because they only wanted the BP and if it doesn't drop they still abort.

The completion for these missions is anything between 2100-4900 credits now so if they are still doing it then they haven't figured out they're losing a lot from quitting early. Not to mention bosses drop neurodes, control modules, etc. which are valuable themselves. Since this update I have yet to run into someone who immediately dropped after a boss fight. Perhaps you're just having bad luck or are being overly pessimistic.

I think the problem is with the mods. 

From the very beginning, I think we should be rewarded with basic mods like "redirection" and "vitality". And also start off with a few fusion cores, enough to make a choice of upgrade. Even the initial skills should be rewarded.

Then a tutorial should be added on how the system work. 

This is so that we can spend money on upgrading our survival mods for later missions instead of having to grind for "not-so-common" mods (Redirection and Vitality) in the beginning.  

The completion for these missions is anything between 2100-4900 credits now so if they are still doing it then they haven't figured out they're losing a lot from quitting early. Not to mention bosses drop neurodes, control modules, etc. which are valuable themselves. Since this update I have yet to run into someone who immediately dropped after a boss fight. Perhaps you're just having bad luck or are being overly pessimistic.

They do not care about credits. They're after specific BPs for a Warframe or Mats for a Warframe/Weapon. I'm certain them losing out on a few thousand credits for each abort where they do not get the one drop they want is not going to bother them at all.

Sigh just got into this game now don't want to play. Fell in love with Defense but to lose everything when you lose? That is just so stupid. If you fail a mission you should keep your S#&$, maybe even if on just defense. I don't like having to leave after x level so I can keep my rewards. I want to go to the end knowing that even if we don't make it we still get to keep our stuff we did loot and just don't get the big reward for beating x level.

- Fix slide exploit: velocity boost from slide is on a cool down to prevent macroing.

I never thought of this as an exploit as much as something that the game happened to allow that became a major way to play the game (much like skiing in tribes).  I understand to a certain extent the notion of trying to prevent players from doing this constantly, but it is not the easiest thing to continuously pull off and, as I've seen mentioned previously, was a lifesaver for slower frames that just couldn't perform well otherwise because their whole team just ran ahead of the tank.  It also really helped the "space ninja" feel being able to run around, flip through the air and slide all over the place trying to evade fire and melee.